The College of Fisheries is located in Mangalore, Karnataka. It is a Fisheries Education and Research Institute which was established in 1969 by the then University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore as the first fisheries college in India under the agricultural university system of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi.
The College has now become part of the newly established Karnataka Veterinary, Animal and Fisheries Sciences University. It offers courses like B.F.Sc (Bachelor of Fisheries Science), M.F.Sc (Masters of Fisheries Science) and PHD.
Admissions in the college are based majorly on merit and written exam conducted by the college itself. The college has a well-built infrastructure with multiple facilities available for students.
College of Fisheries Highlights
Following are the highlights of College of Fisheries
|Mode of Study||Full-Time|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based, Written Test|
|Courses Offered||Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses|
College of Fisheries Courses
The College of Fisheries offers courses like B.F.Sc (Bachelor of Fisheries Science), M.F.Sc (Masters of Fisheries Science) and PHD. The key features of the courses have been tabulated below:
|B.F.Sc (Bachelor of Fisheries Science)||Duration: The duration of the course is 4 years.
Specializations: Aquaculture, Fishery Microbiology, Fish Processing Technology ,Fisheries Resources and Management, Aquatic Environment and Management ,Fisheries engineering
Eligibility: The candidate should have passed the second year of Karnataka Pre-university Board or its equivalent examination with physics, chemistry, mathematics and biology as elective subjects. The candidate should be completing 17 years of age.
|M.F.Sc (Masters of Fisheries Science)||Duration: The duration of the course is 2 years.
The programme is partly by course work and partly by research.
Specializations: Aquaculture, Fishery Microbiology, Fish Processing Technology ,Fisheries Resources and Management, Fisheries engineering and Technology
Eligibility: A bachelor’s degree in the respective discipline/ group of subjects from a recognised university. 6.00/10 or equivalent OGPA/ percentage of marks for general category, 5.5/10 or equivalent OGPA/ percentage of marks for SC/ST/Cat-1 candidates at bachelor’s degree level.
|PHD||Duration: The duration of the course is 3 years.
Eligibility: Master’s degree in a relevant field.
Read More: College of Fisheries Courses
College of Fisheries Admissions
Selection of the Candidates for Admission in college:
- Admissions for the seats are according to merit.
- The admission committee constituted by the university calls candidates for counselling-cum admissions based on the merit list prepared under each category.
- Admissions in M.FSc are merit-based. All eligible students appear for a written test conducted by the college.
- All the shortlisted candidates shall present themselves for counseling on the prescribed date and time in respective courses with all original documents.
- Based on merit, provisional admission letter shall be issued to the candidate by the Registrar, CAU, Imphal.
- The provisionally selected candidate shall report to the Dean of concerned College along with all original documents on the prescribed date.
- The Dean shall get the original documents verified by a committee of three senior teachers and Asstt. Registrar (Academic). After being satisfied with genuineness of certificate, the students shall be admitted after payment of prescribed fee.
- All original documents shall be kept in safe custody of the Dean of the College
Each student Seeking admission in the university snail submit an application in the prescribed form with the following certificates and documents in original before the Admission Committee constituted for the purpose.
- Pass Certificate for 10+2 Examination
- Marks sheet of 10+2 Examination
- Certificate of High School pass Examination in support of date of birth
- Migration / Transfer certificate from the Board/Council/University where the candidate studied last
- College/School leaving certificate from the authority of the college/school where the candidate studied last
- Conduct certificate from the Principal of the College/School where the candidate studied last
- Permanent residency/domicile certificate of concerned state
- Certificate from competent authority, in case admission is sought under reserved category
- Medical certificate from a Medical Officer not below the rank of Asst. Surgeon in support of physical fitness of the candidate
- Any other documents (as per prospectus/notification) that may be required at the time of admission
Read More: College of Fisheries Admission
College of Fisheries Placements
The College has an active placement cell managed by senior faculty. All possible help is being extended to the graduates to find a suitable job. Campus interviews are also being arranged whenever required by the organizations.
Private Sector/ Employer for Fisheries Graduates
- CP Aquaculture
- Hindustan Lever Ltd
- Manoj Enterprises Pvt. Ltd, Goa
- Baraka Seafood, Mangalore
- Siddi Exports, Gangolli
- DevieeBiologicalsPvt. Ltd
- Suryamitra Exim Pvt. Ltd
- Avanti feeds
- Rahul Foods, Goa
- Seashanth Canning Company, Goa
Read More: College of Fisheries Placement
College of Fisheries Facilities
The college has a brilliant infrastructure and various facilities available for students including:
- Well equipped Auditorium and Seminar Hall provide easily accessible platforms for students to showcase their talents through various activities.
- A library which has a collection of over 14,000 books, 2,700 technical reports, 800 pamphlets, 5,800 bound periodicals and 4,700 reprints.
- Separate boys and girls hostel.
- Some other facilities include well-built Classrooms, Video conference halls, Sports and NSS unit.
College of Fisheries Faculty
Teachers and instructors of APC are well qualified, experienced and co-operative with all students. Some extra knowledge is also provided to students like soft skill development classes, debates and interview practices.
Read More: College of Fisheries Faculty
College of fisheries FAQs
Ques. Is there any Anti-Ragging cell in the College of Fisheries, karnataka?
Ques. What are other colleges in comparison to College of Fisheries, Mangalore?
Ques. Is there any Sports facility or Physical education available in College of Fisheries, Mangalore?
Ques. Is there any Admission quota for Foreign nationals/ NRI students in College of Fisheries, Mangalore?
Ques. What are the contact details of the College of Fisheries, Mangalore?
Ans. Tel No: 0824 – 2248936/ 2249256/57/58/59. Email - email@example.com
Ques. What are the courses in the College of Fisheries, Mangalore?