NMAMIT Quick Update
May 14: A team of students and staff members at NMAMIT have developed a cost-effective sanitizer dispenser that does not require touching, as it detects a hand automatically and dispenses a fixed amount of sanitizer.
May 14: Karnataka DCM announces KCET 2020 to be held on July 30 & July 31, 2020. Check Here.
Nitte Mahalinga Adyanthaya Memorial Institute of Technology (NMAMIT), established in 1986 is an autonomous engineering college in Udupi, Karnataka. It is also accredited by the NAAC with an 'A' grade. The institute also offers seven UG Programs and also three PG programs. The average placement varies from three Lacs to 28 Lacks annually. The selection to the Institute will be based on the student’s performance in KCET or COMEDK UGET Entrance Exam.
|Number of courses||5|
|Courses offered||B-tech, M-tech, MBA, MCA, PhD|
|Mode of registration ||COMEDK- offline, UGCET- online |
For UG- JEE/ KCET
For PG- GATE/KPGCET/KMAT
|Total faculty ||306|
|Campus Area||110 acres |
|Official website ||http://www.nmamit.nitte.edu.in/|
NMAMIT offers various full-time undergraduate programs in engineering as well as postgraduate programs in engineering and management. Given below is a tabulated form of courses with their duration and fees.
Course1: Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)
- Specialization: Biotechnology, Civil, Computer Science, Electronics and Communications, Electrical and Electronics, Information Science, Mechanical
- Duration: 4 years
- Eligibility: 10+2 level examination securing minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST)
- Admission Criteria: KET or COMEDK UGET
Course 2: Master of Technology (M.Tech)
- Specialization: Power Electronics, Software Engineering, Digital Electronics and Communications, VLSI Design and Embedded System, Machine Design
- Duration: 2 years
- Eligibility: B.Tech passed in relevant stream
- Admission Criteria: PGCET/ GATE
Course 3: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Specialization: Finance, Marketing, Human Resource Management, Information System, Banking and Finance
- Duration: 2 year
- Eligibility: Any graduate with a minimum of 50% for general category
- Admission Criteria: PGCET/KMAT
Course 4: Master of Computer Application (MCA)
- Duration: 3 years
- Eligibility: Any graduate with a minimum of 50% for general category
- Admission Criteria: KMAT
Read More NMAMIT Course and Fees
Candidates can download the application form from the college’s website. Also, they must apply for Karnataka-CET, PGCET, KMAT, and COMEDK-UGCET through the official websites of KEA, KPPGCA, and COMEDK.
- Visit the official website of COMEDK
- Fill the application form online
- Upload the required documents
- Application fee payments to be done
- Correction facility shall be opened later
- Visit the PGCET official website
- Select ‘PGCET Online Application’
- Application Number and User ID received by the candidate
- Fill in Student information
- Passport size photo, thumb impression, and signature to be uploaded
- Payment of application fee
- Take a copy of the form and get the signatures from the concerned from their respective colleges.
Read More NMAMIT Admissions
NMAMIT has an impressive placement record of over 80 well-known companies assisting in placements, annually. Over 150 companies assist the college by providing industrial exposure/internships to its students. 5- 10% of their students pursue higher studies in the country or outside, preparing for it while on campus. Placements for the 2019-20 batch is going on with 591 selections and 52 internships by 74 companies from August 2019. Placements continue till students graduate in July 2020. A student with 8.25 CGPA, selected by a large recruiter is permitted to apply for a ‘Dream’/ ‘Core’ company and once selected by a core company, he foregoes the previous offer and remains with the Dream company.
Some of the top recruiters of NMAMIT include Amazon, DELL R&D, Indian Navy, Infosys, TVS, Toyota, Sony India, Siemens, Samsung, Mahindra and Mahindra Limited, Microsoft etc. Listed below is the number of recruitments for the year 2019-20 as of 19th March 2020
Read More NMAMIT Placements
NMAMIT offers financial assistance to deserving and meritorious students studying in its academic program. Mentioned below are the scholarships available at the Institute:
Annual Scholarship Distribution Programme- Every Year a number of Merits, Endowment, OBC, Minority, Social Welfare scholarships are distributed to trainees.
Scholarships for MBA- NITTE offers fee concession to meritorious students seeking admission to an MBA at Justice K.S Hegde Institute of Management, Nitte.
Being an engineering college, NMAMIT has a world-class infrastructure to meet every students’ need. Following are some of the facilities provided by NMAMIT :
- Hostels- NMAMIT has seven hostel blocks for boys and four hostel blocks for girls. The hostel blocks are equipped with all the requirements like laundry, ambulance service, diesel generators, etc.
- GuestHouse- A guest house facility is provided for the parents and guardians of the students of NMAMIT and is on a nominal rent. The guest house has al the necessities in it.
- Transportation- The college has around 32 buses for the students and staff members of NMAMIT from Karkala, Mangaluru, Udupi, Kundapur, Bantwal, Belthangady.
- Library- The NMAMIT Central Library timings are from 8:00 am to 11:00 pm. The library area can accommodate around 75810 students at a time and it has all the required books, magazines, newspapers, periodicals.
- Canteen- The campus has three main canteens for snacks, vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals, coffee, tea, ice cream, pizzas, burgers, noodles, etc.
- Healthcare- Known as the 'Medicare Scheme', it entitles every student to free medical and dental treatment. The campus has a medical center with a qualified physician and trained nurse to treat staff, students and residents of the campus without charging them.
- Sports- Various indoor and outdoor sports facilities are provided to the students so that they recharge and freshen up their minds in between their busy schedules.
- Auditoriums and Seminar Halls- The Institute has got 3 auditoriums and 3 seminal halls which are well maintained and equipped.
Ques: What are the courses provided by the NMAMIT college?
Ans: The college provides B.Tech and M.Tech in various specializations. It also provides MBA and MCA courses.
Ques: Does the NMAM Institute of Technology provide accommodation facilities?
Ans: Yes. The college has separate hostels for girls and boys that provide food and accommodation.
Ques: What is the dress code to be followed in the college?
Ans: Uniforms shall be provided by the university.
Ques: How are placements at NMAMIT?
Ans: NMAIT has got an impressive placement record of about 80 companies like amazon, TVS, DELL, Sony, Microsoft etc
Ques: What are the examinations thats needs to be given to get into NMAMIT?
Ans: The candidates seeking admission in B.Tech’must appear for JEE Main or KCET, whereas the candidates interested in MTech and MBA should appear for GATE, KPGCET and KMAT examinations.