Kumaraguru Institute of Agriculture, also known as KIA ERODE, offers a full-time course B.Sc. degree in various specializations related to agriculture. It is located on a 131-acre farm on the Bhavani-Athani-Sati State Highway, Nachimuthu Puram, Shakti Nagar, and Erode.
Admission to its courses is based on the candidate’s performance in his/her 10+2 examination. In order to be eligible for the admissions, a candidate Must have passed 10+2 in the Science stream (PCB) from a recognized board with a minimum of 45% as an aggregate.
The institute has also a dedicated placement cell that constantly helps the students in various in and off-campus job opportunities. The average package of the institute stands around INR 3.5 LPA.
Read More: Kumaraguru Institute of Agriculture Reviews
Kumaraguru Institute of Agriculture Highlights
|Established | Type||2014 | Private|
|Started By||Arutchelvar Dr. N Mahalingam|
|Approved By||UGC & ICAR|
|Affiliated by||Tamil Nadu Agricultural University|
|Courses Offered||Bachelor of Science (Hons.) in Agriculture|
|Application Mode||Online Mode|
|Selection Criteria||Merit Basis|
|Facilities Available||Library, Transport, Laboratories, Hostel, etc|
Kumaraguru Institute of Agriculture Courses Offered
|B.Sc.||Course Type: UG
Specialization: Agriculture, Horticulture, Crop Management.
Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: Must have passed 10+2 in Science stream (PCB) from a recognized board with a minimum of 45% as an aggregate.
Selection Criteria: Merit Basis
Read More: Kumaraguru Institute of Agriculture Fees
Kumaraguru Institute of Agriculture Admission
Admission to its courses is based on the candidate’s performance in the 10+2 examination.
KIA admission forms are available both online and offline. Candidates can apply through the official site of KIA or through the official site of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University
How to Apply?
- Go to the official website
- Go to the ‘Admissions’ tab.
- Create on “click here to register.”
- Fill out the application form.
- Attach the required documents.
- Confirm your application details and submit the form.
- Candidates should have obtained a Rank.
- The entry process is through TNAU’s single window system.
- 65% of the candidates will get admission through TNAU and the remaining 35% will enter ownership by accepting TNAU eligibility criteria.
Kumaraguru Institute of Agriculture Facilities
The following are the facilities provided by the Kumaraguru Institute of Agriculture Erode (KIA ERODE) campus:
- Library: The institute has a spacious library with numerous journals, books, and periodicals, the library has also book bank facilities for the students.
- Hostel: The institute has separate hostels for boys and girls, with mess facilities. All the rooms are well furnished and each student is provided with a personalized wifi facility.
- Transport: The institute provides transport services to the students and faculties who live a bit far away from the campus.
- Laboratories: The institute has well-equipped state of the art laboratories in each department which cater to the needs of the students in every possible way.
- Computer Labs: The institute has well-equipped computer labs with the latest technologies to keep the students updated.
- Playground: The institute has large playgrounds for Cricket, football, basketball, etc.
Kumaraguru Institute of Agriculture FAQs
Ques. What is the address of Kumaraguru Institute of Agriculture Erode (KIA ERODE)?
Ans. Sathy - Bhavani Via Athani - Main Road, Nachimuthu Puram, Sakthinagar, Erode, Tamil Nadu, India - 638315
Ques. Does the institute provide placement opportunities for the students?
Ans. The institute has a dedicated placement cell which constantly helps the students in getting placed in their desired companies. Most of the students are placed with an INR 3.5 to 4 lakhs per year package.
Ques. How good are the faculties of the institute?
Ans. The college provides well-qualified faculties with Ph.D. degrees and staff members for every program. Teachers and staff members are quite helpful. Faculties have 5 to 10 years of experience in their particular subject. There are a total of 31 teaching staff members provided by the institute.
Ques. What are the documents required to be submitted at the time of admission?
Ans. The following documents are required to be submitted at the time of admission:
- Recent Passport size photographs.
- ID Proof (Birth Certificate/ Aadhar card/ PAN card/ Driving license).
- 10+2 Marks card.
- Migration/ Transfer Certificate.
- Character Certificate.
- Caste/ PH certificate (if applicable)