Tamil Nadu Agricultural University is one of the best agricultural universities in India due to its high quality in agricultural education. Its significant role in offering agricultural education is made possible through the 11 component colleges in seven campuses and 6 Affiliated Colleges.
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University is a leading agro-technology provider of India and its graduates are recognized throughout the world. It is approved by AICRE.
- The TNAU had begun as an Agricultural School at Saidapet in Chennai in 1876 and blossomed as a College in Coimbatore, during 1906
- In 1920, the college was affiliated to the University of Madras with the introduction of a three-year degree program
- Till 1946, the Agricultural College and Research Institute, Coimbatore was the only institute for agricultural education for the whole of South India, It was established in 1971
- TNAU has 36 Research Centres for agrotechnology development and 14 Farm Science Centres for outreach
- The University is offering 13 Undergraduate Degree Programs, 29 Postgraduate Degree Programs and 26 Doctoral Programs in 14 Colleges distributed in 11 campuses all over Tamil Nadu.
TNAU Courses Offered
The University is offering both UG & PG Programmes in 11 colleges distributed in seven campuses all over Tamil Nadu. The duration of TNAU Courses is four years (8 semesters) for undergraduate programs and four semesters for Masters and six semesters for Doctoral programs.
Also, Visit TNAU Fee Structure
TNAU Admission 2017
Tamil Nadu Agriculture University (TNAU) is an agricultural university which offers UG, PG and Research courses in its educational module to candidates who satisfy the required eligibility criteria.
TNAU Admission for UG programmes is totally based on merit scored by the candidate no entrance test is conducted. Students with highest scores are shortlisted for the University, whereas for TNAU PG Admission (M.Sc., MBA, and M.Tech) the candidate has to give the Entrance Test conducted by the University.
TNAU Counselling 2017
Once the candidate clears the final group discussion round, he/she are selected for TNAU Counselling Sessions provided by the university. The candidate has to fill up the required formalities for TNAU Counselling Session.
- The students who will be intimated for counselling need to pay Rs.2000/- to generate the TNAU Call Letter. (Rs.1000 for SC/ST/SCA).
- The final round of selection to courses offered by TNAU is personal interview, conducted for PG as well as PhD programs in which the candidates are judged on Communication Skills as well as Experience and Subject Related knowledge
- All the necessary documents like ID proof, address proof, graduation certificate or passing certificate should be carried by the students at the time of counselling as well as an interview.
- C. Sylendra Babu - Renowned Indian Police Service Officer of Tamil Nadu cadre
- M. S. Swaminathan - Father of Green Revolution in India
- Sivakumar Veerasamy - Indian Plant Geneticist
- TNAU library is the oldest in the city functioning since 1910
- It has acquired about 200,000 books, monographs, 25,000 text and reference books and 8000 theses and dissertations
- About 2200 national and international journals are subscribed with online access to the journals
- Lecture halls with modern teaching equipment.
- Instrumentation laboratories with equipment’s like Alveograph, Extruder, Spray drier, High-performance Liquid Chromatography, Gas chromatography, Kjeltech protein analyser, Sox plus fat analyser, Fibra plus fibre analyser. UV Spectrophotometer, Laminar air flow chamber, Remi high tech centrifuge, Penetrometer, Muffle furnace , Fume chamber, Dye bath, Vacuum oven, Al Quartz double distillation unit, Cabinet drier, Psychological scales, Wins Soft Textile Design, Adult mannequins, Fashion reach studio software, Mini loom with accessories, Crock meter, Digital Anthropometry, Electromyography, Tunturi treadmill, Lux meter etc.,
- Well-equipped Audio-Visual Laboratory
- Seminar Hall and Auditorium
- Computer centres with 24 hours Internet connection in the college and hostels.