KCDSH or the Krishnadevaraya College of Dental Sciences and Hospital is a private institute located in Bengaluru, Karnataka, and was established in 1992. It ranks in the top 40 dental colleges in India and offers courses in both Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses like BDS and MDS. Admissions to these courses are based on the results of the NEET, and NEET-PG exams for undergraduate and postgraduate courses respectively. Inquiries for admissions are done online, and only candidates who have qualified NEET are eligible.
|Established | Institute Type||1992 | Private|
|Affiliated To||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Approved By||Dental Council of India|
|Courses Offered||BDS, MDS|
|Entrance exam||NEET and NEET- PG|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Based|
The KCDSH offers Bachelors and Masters of Dental Surgery.
|BDS||Duration: 4 years and 1 year of internship (total 5 years)|
Eligibility: Minimum qualification PUC 2nd year/12thStd/Equivalent Examination with English one of the languages mandatory. Minimum of 50% as aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Biology (40% for SC/ST/OBC/category candidates & 45% for Physically disabled Candidates)
Selection Criteria: Entrance Based (NEET)
|MDS||Duration: 3 years|
Specializations: Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Oral Medicine & Radiology, Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics, Periodontology, Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology & Microbiology, Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry, Orthodontics, and Dentofacial Orthopaedics, Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge, Public Health Dentistry
Eligibility: BDS degree from affiliated to any university established by Law of India recognized by Dental Council of India and Government of India. The Candidate must have completed 'Compulsory Rotating Internship' or completing on or before 31st march of the year he/she is taking admission. Age limit for in-service candidates is 48, No age limit for non-service candidates. Candidates with Dental Degree outside India should have qualified in the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) - Screening Test conducted by Nation Board of Education/DCI
Selection Criteria: Entrance Based (NEET-PG)
Admissions to KCDSH are done via counseling sessions undertaken by the MCC and Karnataka State. 15% of the All India Quota seats are allotted by the MCC, and the rest of the 85% by the respective state.
For All India Counselling
For Karnataka State Counselling
KCDSH NEET-UG Cut-Off 2019:
|KCDSH Government Rank|
Ques. What number of seats are available for BDS and MDS in Krishnadevaraya College of Dental Sciences and Hospital?
Ans. There are 60 seats for BDS. For MDS, the following table shows the number of seats in each department.
|Department||No. of Seats|
|Public Health Dentistry||3|
Ques. What is the fee structure for MDS at Krishnadevaraya College of Dental Sciences and Hospital?
Ans. Tabulated below is the category-wise fee structure in INR for the various departments offering MDS.
|Subject||Government (G)||Private (P)||NRI (N)|
|Public Health Dentistry||3,57,076||6,05,176||0|
Ques. Does Krishnadevaraya College of Dental Sciences and Hospital offer a fellowship program?
Ans. The Krishnadevaraya College of Dental Sciences and Hospital offers a fellowship program in Implantology in association with Nobel Biocare India Private Limited.
Ques. What documents does one require during counseling at Krishnadevaraya College of Dental Sciences and Hospital?
Ans. Listed below are the documents the candidate has to carry with them during the counseling process.
Ques. Where is the Krishnadevaraya College of Dental Sciences and Hospital located?
Ans. Krishnadevaraya Nagar, Hunasamaranahalli,
International Airport Road,
Bengaluru – 562157, Karnataka
Alternately, you can get in touch with the institute at these phone numbers – (+91) 28467083, 28477083.