Sri Jagadguru Balagangadharanatha Swamy College of Nursing, also known as SJB College of Nursing was established in 2003 in Bangalore. The college offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses across Nursing. Additionally, the institute also offers a diploma course in General Nursing & Midwifery. Admissions are granted on the basis of merit of last qualifying examinations. Students can avail a plethora of facilities from the college.
SJB College of Nursing, Bangalore Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2003 | Private|
|Affiliated to||RGUHS, Bangalore|
|Courses Offered||4 courses across 1 stream|
|Popular Courses||B.Sc Nursing, M.Sc Nursing|
|Admission Criteria||Merit based|
|Campus Area||50 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, Playground, Auditorium, Laboratories, Library|
|Official Website||SJB College of Nursing, Bangalore|
SJB College of Nursing, Bangalore Courses Offered
SJB College of Nursing offers a variety of courses like B.Sc Nursing, M.Sc Nursing along with Post Basic B.Sc Nursing as well as a DGNM course. Below tabulated are the details:
|B.Sc Nursing Post Basic||
|Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (DGNM)||
Read More: SJB College of Nursing Courses & Fees
SJB College of Nursing, Bangalore Admissions
SJB College of Nursing provides admissions with certain age limits and on the basis of the candidate's merit in the last qualifying examinations. The admission form and prospectus are only available at the college office. An eligibility certificate must be obtained from RGUHS before admission.
How to Apply?
- Visit the college campus.
- Obtain the application form and prospectus after producing a DD of INR 500 drawn in favour of Principal, SJB College of Nursing payable at Bangalore.
- Fill the application form with correct academic and personal details.
- The duly completed application form should be sent to
The Principal, SJB College of Nursing and BGS Global Hospital,
BGS Health & Education City,
# 67, Uttarahalli Road,
Kengeri,Bangalore - 560 060.
- All selected candidates must report to the Principal on the required date with the prescribed fee and original documents.
SJB College of Nursing, Bangalore Facilities
The SJB College of Nursing provides numerous facilities to its students. Below mentioned are some of them:
- Hospital: An attached hospital, BGS Global Hospital with highly trained professionals is available.
- Library: The college provides the students with a collection of 3000 books, computer, and internet facility, and a vast number of national and international journals in its library. The college also has a Helinet of RGUHS with textbooks and e-journals.
- Sports: A fully functional sports department with a 400m track playground, indoor sports complex, and badminton court is available for the students.
- A Multipurpose Auditorium with 2000 seating capacity is present at the college campus.
- Well equipped and hi-tech separate laboratories for different subjects of nursing are available for the students on the college campus.
- Hostel: The college has a hostel with all the modern amenities for the students. This hostel has an accommodation capacity of 400 students along with provision for indoor activities.
- A commercial complex with a bank is also present on the campus.
SJB College of Nursing, Bangalore Faculty
The SJB College of Nursing has a reputed and well-qualified faculty to impart training and education to the students. A faculty and student ratio of 1:8 is maintained. Every department has a team of senior professions. Faculty from the college and the hospital are involved in providing practical training to the students.
SJB College of Nursing, Bangalore FAQs
Ques. Who should the demand drafts be addressed to for gaining admission to SJB College of Nursing, Bangalore?
Ans. For gaining admission to SJB College of Nursing, Bangalore Demand Draft should be addressed to The Principal, SJB College of Nursing, payable at Bangalore. The DDs are required for acquiring the application form and prospectus of the college and other payments. On gaining admission, the student can follow the same process for paying the fees.
Ques. How to acquire an eligibility Certificate for gaining admission to SJB College of Nursing, Bangalore?
Ans. The eligibility certificate for gaining admission to SJB College of Nursing, Bangalore can be obtained after paying a required fee to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. The student needs to apply to the Registrar in the prescribed application form and pay the required fee to obtain an eligibility certificate.
Ques. Where is the SJB College of Nursing, Bangalore located?
Ans. The address of SJB College of Nursing is SJB College of Nursing is,
#67, BGS Health and Education City,
Uttarahalli Road Kengeri,
Bangalore South – 560060,
Ques. Does every applicant need an eligibility certificate to gain admission to SJB College of Nursing, Bangalore?
Ans. All the students are required to submit the eligibility certificate except those students who have passed the qualifying exam of Pre-University Board, Bengaluru, or Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. The students need to avail an eligibility certificate from RGUHS before gaining admission to SJB College of Nursing, Bangalore.