Tipu Sultan Unani Medical College and Hospital was established in 1988 in Gulbarga, Karnataka. Affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, the institute offers a full-time Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS) degree. Admission to its BUMS course is based on the candidate’s performance in the NEET examination followed by NEET Ayush Karnataka State Counselling. To be eligible for the admission process, candidates must have passed 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Tipu Sultan Unani Medical College & Hospital Highlights
|Established | Type||1988 | Private|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS)|
|Accredited From||Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM)|
|Courses Offered||Bachelor of Unani Medicine & Surgery (BUMS)|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Based|
|Accepted Test Scores||NEET-UG|
|Facilities Available||Library, Auditorium, Hostel, Cafeteria, Laboratory, Hospital/ Medical Facility.|
Tipu Sultan Unani Medical College & Hospital Courses
|BUMS||Course Type: UG
Duration: 4.5 years
Eligibility: Must have passed 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks as an aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Selection Criteria: NEET
Tipu Sultan Unani Medical College & Hospital Admission
Admission to the BUMS course is offered through the candidate’s performance in the NEET Examination.
- Candidates need to visit the official portal of the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA).
- On the KEA website, students need to register themselves for NEET AYUSH Karnataka State counseling.
- Then, Students need to choose the course of BUMS and Tipu Sultan College and lock the preferences in the online portal.
- Those who will be allotted a seat in the college, will be required to report to the college and complete the admission formalities.
- Students need to verify all the documents on the campus at the time of admission only.
- Students should bring valid identity proof, HSC mark sheet, SSC Mark sheet, certificates from the institute of last examinations passed.
Tipu Sultan Unani Medical College & Hospital Facilities
- Library: TSUMCH has a well-versed library with updated journals, books, ebooks, magazines, digital magazines, and other study material related to the field of medicine as well as of other medical streams also.
- Auditorium: Multipurpose Auditorium hall with installed equipment for seminars, workshops, and other student activities.
- Laboratory: TSUMCH has well-equipped laboratories according to the CCIM norms for practical’s and a better understanding of this stream.
- Herbal Garden: It is one of the compulsory requirements for any Unani Medical college. TSUMCH herbal garden is spread over 2500 square meters with 490 medicinal plants and 110 species.
- Hostel Facility: TSUMCH has separate hostels for boys and girls within the periphery of the campus only.
- Cafeteria: Students can enjoy snacks and refreshments after classes or in between intervals.
Tipu Sultan Unani Medical College & Hospital FAQs
Ques. What are the documents required to be submitted at the time of admission?
Ans. Students should keep the following documents handy at the time of admission:
- 10+2 Marks card
- NEET Scorecard
- Transfer/Migration Certificate
- Recent Passport size photographs
Ques. What are the career prospects after doing BUMS from Tipu sultan college?
Ans. After doing graduation from BUMS, one can do practice as a doctor in Government or Private Hospitals, can get a job as a professor in Unani college, or can opt for doing research in the same field only.
Ques. How is the college in terms of placement?
Ans. Students get easily placed, Local hospitals and medical colleges hire them for further research process or as professors. Some of the students have joined the position of Director and other executive designations in the Unani related companies.
Ques. Is there any cut off score for studying BUMS from TSUMCH?
Ans. Yes, the students should have passed 10+2 with at least 50% from a recognized board and should have cleared the NEET exam with a valid score.
Ques. Do they offer scholarships?
Ans. Yes, TSUMCH provides scholarships to deserving candidates. Students need to apply for the scholarship at the beginning of the academic year only. The amount of scholarship to be granted is solely under the consideration of college