Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences, Bangalore, Karnataka, is a teaching hospital established in 2001 by the Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust. It is affiliated to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. The subsidiary College of Allied Health Sciences coming under it was instituted in 2008.
It offers DNB courses in various specialisations under the accreditation of the National Board of Education, New Delhi along with the UG courses in Nursing and Allied Sciences. The institute also offers fellowship programs in various specialisations.
Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences Bangalore Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2001 | Private|
|Affiliation||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore|
|Accreditation||National Board of Examinations, New Delhi|
|Set by||Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust|
|Entrance Test||DNB CET|
|Courses Offered||DNB, Nursing, and Allied Sciences|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences Bangalore Courses
The institute offers DNB, Nursing, and allied health sciences courses in various specialisations that are tabulated below.
|DNB||Anaesthesiology, Radio-Diagnosis, Cardiology, CTVS, and Neurosurgery.||2/3/6 years depending upon the specialization||MBBS/DMRD/ Diploma/ DNB in the relevant stream from any good institution in India|
|B. Sc.||Nursing, Anaesthesia Technology, Cardiac Care Technology, Perfusion Technology, Medical lab Technology, and Imaging Technology.||3 years + 1-year internship or 4 years||10+2 with relevant subjects or equivalent from any good institution in India|
Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences Bangalore Admission
The admissions to the DNB courses are done through the Centralized Counselling process conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE), based on the merit secured by the candidates in the DNB CET entrance exam. Students will have to register themselves at the NBE website in order to participate in the counselling process.
For the B. Sc. courses, students are selected based on their performance in the entrance test followed by a personal interview conducted at the institute level.
The selected students would be sent admission letters and a merit list would also be released on the website. Students seeking admissions are required to appear in entrance tests, and can apply offline as well as online.
- In order to apply online, students can visit the official website of the institute and fill the application form.
- For the offline application process, students can visit the college office and get the application form.
- Fill the form and submit it at the college office along with the required documents.
- Pay the application fee and complete the application process.
Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences Bangalore Facilities
The institute provides the following student-centric facilities as follows:
- Hostel- Students are allotted the on-campus hostels right after completing the admission process. It is compulsory for the students taking the B. Sc. courses to stay at the hostel.
- Library- The library is equipped with study journals, e-books, and reference materials for developing the knowledge of the students.
- Sports Space and Gym- The campus is facilitated with a modern gym and equipment for indoor games like badminton and tennis.
- Laboratories- Students have access to well-equipped computers and nursing laboratories.
Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences Bangalore FAQs
Ques. Are the B. Sc. Nursing and Allied Health Sciences programs only available for the female students in Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences?
Ques. The DNB degree is equivalent to what degree?
Ques. What is the intake for the various courses in Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences?
Ques. Are the students supposed to wear uniforms while in the Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences?
Ques. Is there an age limit for the B. Sc. courses in Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences?
Ques. Does the Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences offer any fellowship programs?
Ques. How can the candidates apply for the fellowship programs in Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences?
Ques. How can the students reach out to the Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences in case of any queries?
- 91-80-2800-4600, +91-829600-4600