Chennais Amirta International Institute of Hotel Management [CAIIHM], located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu is a private institute which offers UG, PG and Diploma courses such as B.Sc, MBAetc in various specializations. CAIIHM Chennai was established in the year 2010 and has affiliation and recognition from Alagappa University, Annamalai University, Bharathiar University, Bharathidasan University, London School of Business and Finance, Bharat Samaj Sevak and IPD – OUM Malaysia. Admissions to all UG, PG and Diploma courses are merit based.
CAIIHM Chennai has credible and highly trained faculty with relevant practical experience in the fields of hotel management. It also has a placement cell which provides 100% placement to its students.
CAIIHM Chennai Highlights
|Affiliation||Alagappa University, Annamalai University, Bharathiar University, Bharathidasan University, London School of Business and Finance, Bharat Samaj Sevak and IPD – OUM Malaysia.|
|Popular Courses||B.Sc, MBA|
|Admission Criteria||Merit based|
|Top Recruiters||Grand Hyatt, Fairfield Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt Regency, Intercontinental|
|Facilities||Culinary Lab, Transport Facilities, Hostels, Bakery Lab, Bartending Lab,|
CAIIHM Chennai Awards and Achievements
cIIHM Chennai has received various awards and recognitions, like the National Excellencey Award in 2018, Best Tourism Institution 2018, Outstanding Contribution to Hospitality Education 2017, Meritorious Award from IPD-OUM Malaysia etc.
CAIIHM Chennai Courses
Several Hospitality and management courses are offered by the institute. The details about the courses are mentioned below:
|B.Sc (Bachelor of science)||
|Professional Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Science||
|Diploma in Catering and Hotel Administration||
|MBA (Masters in Business management)||
CAIIHM Chennai also provides Diploma courses in various other specializations such as Catering and Hotel Management(3 years), Executive Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Science(2 years) and Diploma in Hotel Operations(2 years).
Read More: CAIIHM Chennai Courses and Fees
CAIIHM Chennai Admission
The admissions to all UG,PG and Diploma courses provided by the institute are merit based. The basic eligibility criteria for admissions is 10th pass,however,10+2 from a recognized institute is also mandatory. Admissions can be enquired about online as well as offline,that is,through phone or website enquiry.
How to apply?
- Candidates must visit the official college website/official centres to collect their application form.
- Fill up the application form with all the necessary details asked. The information provided should be correct.
- Candidates are required to attach all the necessary documents listed below with the application form:
- 10th and 10+2-mark sheet along with the passing certificate.
- Migration and Character Certificate.
- UG Degree Mark Sheet.
- 5 Coloured Photographs.
- Medical Certificate.
- Hard copy of the application form must be submitted at the university.
- After enquiry and eligibility affirmation,candidates must go to nearby campus in person to get counselling and select best course as suitable for them
- The candidate must also select a campus according to the course they choose.
- Admissions are strictly on a first come first serve basis.
- The institute will confirm admission after the successful payment of fee.
Read More: CAIIHM Chennai Admissions
CAIIHM Chennai Placements
The main goal of the placement cell is to provide part-time Jobs and placements to students who are in need of them. There have been more than 500 recruiters for the students till date. The deserving students are given opportunities to pursue their Industrial Training in foreign countries; such as Malaysia, Thailand, Mauritius, Singapore, etc. Top recruiters include Grand Hyatt, Fairfield Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt Regency etc. The starting salary ranges from 20,000INR to 60,000INR per month.
Read More: CAIIHM Chennai Placements
CAIIHM Chennai Scholarships
CAIIHM Chennai offers merit based, community and quota based scholarships.
- SC / ST(10% in the Term fees on course selected )
- First Graduation (10% in Term fees on course selected )
- MERIT - 10% in Term fees on course selected ( 90% marks scored in SSLC for diploma )
- MERIT - 10% in theTerm fees on course selected ( 90% marks scored in HSC for Degree )
- MERIT - 10% in the Term fees on course selected ( 90% marks scored in UG for Post Degree )
- Sports Quota – Students with records of excellence in sports under National/State/District level competitions.
Read More: CAIIHM Chennai Scholarships
CAIIHM Chennai Facilities
CAIIHM Chennai has various facilities to accommodate learning and growth of their students, some of the facilities are:
- Culinary Lab - The culinary lab is fully equipped with indigenous and imported equipment which give the real feeling of the central kitchen of a 5-Star Hotel.The kitchen branches out into divisions namely hot section and cold section which is featured with Griller, Microwave oven, Tandoor Pot, Toaster, Blast Chillers, Piloted range, Refrigerators etc.
- Bakery Lab - Bakery lab consists of sophisticated equipment installed to provide training on Basic Bakery and confectionery.
- Restaurant Lab - A contemporary restaurant competing to the international standards with two concepts fine dine and fast food restaurants with a number of world class equipment like cutlery, crockery, glassware is available in the institute.
- Transport - Chennais Amirta has a well-maintained transportation facility and has its own fleet of 10 Buses. They are provided for the Hostel Students and cater to the needs of students during Educational Tour and Industrial Visits.
- Hostel - Airy and ventilated spacious rooms with 24 hours power back are the basic features of the Hostels provided by Chennais Amirta. The hostel has A.C. & non A.C. Rooms, with an attached bathroom . Each student is provided with a Bed, Mattress, bed sheets, Pillow, Blanket and Safety Lockers. Students staying in Hostels are provided with transportation facilities to commute, at scheduled timings.
Read More: CAIIHM Chennai Facilities
CAIIHM Chennai Faculty
The faculty consists of highly experienced professionals with extensive backgrounds of management and other relevant fields such as baking, culinary arts, housekeeping, etc.
The institute has a staff of over 500 spread across the campus. Some of the most prominent faculties of the institute are:
- Hemapriyan A: Food Production Faculty(Qualification:B.Sc; Master in Culinary Arts)
- Karthik Rajan RK: Food and Beverage Faculty(Qualification; B.Sc Hotel Management and Catering Technology)
- Chockalingam T: Communication Faculty(Qualification; MA,M.Phil)
- Shanthi K: MBA Coordinator(Qualification; MBA,M.Phil)
Read More: CAIIHM Chennai Faculty
Ques. What all courses are offered by CAIIHM?
Ans. CAIIHM courses include BSc Catering and Hotel Administration, MBA in Hospitality Management & Catering Science, and diploma programmes.
Ques. What is the average fee of the courses offered?
Ans. The fees vary between courses and can be anywhere between 60,000 INR - 80,000 INR on an average.
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria for BSc Catering and Hotel Administration programme?
Ans. Candidate must have passed Class 10 and 12 or must have passed Class 10 and must hold a three-year hotel management diploma to become eligible for CAIIHM BSc Catering and Hotel Administration programme.
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria for Chennais Amirta International Institute of Hotel Management MBA programme?
Ans. Candidates must hold any bachelor’s degree (preferably for Hotel Management) to become eligible for the Chennais Amirta International Institute of Hotel Management MBA programme.
Ques. What is the application procedure?
Ans. To apply, candidates can call or send enquiry requests on the website. After contact, Candidates are required to get counselling in person at the nearest campus.