Kalinga Institute of Nursing Sciences (KINS) was established in the year 2005 and is an affiliate of the Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT). It is accredited by the Indian Council of Nursing (ICN) and State Nursing Council. The college offers various six Postgraduate and Undergraduate courses across Nursing, namely B.Sc, M.Sc, & GNM.
KINS is also known for its world class facilities and infrastructure when it comes to modern classrooms, diverse, advanced and well-resourced Laboratories like MCH lab, Paediatric Lab, Nutrition Lab, MSN Lab,O&G lab, Advance Nursing Skill lab, etc with hands on practical training to students, along with an in-campus Hospital namely Pradyumna Bal Memorial Hospital. Admissions to KINS is through KIIT Entrance Examination (KIITEE) which is the All India Entrance Examination conducted by KIIT, Bhubaneswar for admission into various courses of KIIT University. The college is known for organising various Lectures, Seminars, Workshops, several International and National Level Conferences, Cultural Festivals etc for enriching students’ college life and preparing them for the world.
KINS, Bhubaneswar Highlights
|Approved by||Indian Council of Nursing & State Nursing Council|
|Ownership||Private/ Deemed University|
|Courses Offered||6 courses across 1 stream i.e. Nursing|
|Popular Courses||B.Sc(Nursing), M.Sc(Nursing), GNM|
|Admission Criteria||Merit based and Entrance|
|Campus Area||25.5 sq.m.|
|Faciities||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Sports, Laboratory, Placements, etc|
KINS Bhubaneswar Courses
|B. Sc Nursing||-||
|M. Sc Nursing||M.Sc. in Obstetrics and Gynaecology||
|M.Sc. in Medical Surgical Nursing|
|M.Sc. in Community Health|
|M.Sc. in Child Health Nursing.|
|General Nursing & Midwifery (GNM)||-||
||4 years + 1 year Paid Rotatory Internship|
Read more: KINS, Bhubaneswar Courses & Fees
KINS, Bhubaneswar Admissions
- The Selection is done on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidate in the KIITEE (Entrance examination).
- The results of the Entrance Examination are published on the KIIT website.
- The cut off marks are based on the number of vacant seats and applicants to the program.
- Selected Candidates are then called for the counselling process along with required documents.
How to Apply?
- Candidates must apply for Admission by submitting the Application Online before the given dates.
- Application Form and Prospectus will be available online only.
- Candidates will be required to register online with necessary details and self-created login ID and password for future log-in.
- Fill in the form with required details and upload scanned copies of recent passport size photographs, signature along with other supporting documents.
- Printout of the said Submitted Application will be required for subsequent use.
- List of documents required for the admission procedure
- The original mark sheet of 10+2/ graduation certificates
- Original caste certificate and caste validity certificate
- Migration certificate
- Indian nationality certificate
- Aadhaar card or the Voter id card
- Passport size photographs (colored)
Read more: KINS, Bhubaneswar Admission
KINS, Bhubaneswar Scholarships
Various types of Scholarships have been instituted by the University for encouraging meritorious students. The college has paid internship programmes for final year students. The students are eligible for stipends. Stipend for B.Sc in Nursing and General Nursing and Midwifery (Nursing) is 6000 INR per month.
Some of the Scholarships provided by the University are as follows:
- KIIT Poverty-Cum-Merit Scholarships- These are provided to students having annual family income of less than INR 2 lakhs.
- KIIT Merit Scholarship- Provided to meritorious students based on results each year.
- KIIT International Scholarship- Provided to meritorious international students.
- Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme- Available for students under the MHRD schemes.
- Single Girl Child Scholarship- All single girl children receive a yearly scholarship.
Read more: KINS, Bhubaneswar Scholarships
KINS, Bhubaneswar Facilities
- KINS with KIIT as its parent is known for its world class facilities and infrastructure, some of which are listed as follows:
- Separate Accommodation in Hostels for both boys and girls respectively.
- Hostel has attached canteen that serves good quality vegetarian and non-vegetarian food. KIIT also has a Central Canteen and 15 Food Courts serving delicious multi-cuisine food.
- Libraries along with E-Library/E-Resources is made available to students
- KIIT’s Central Convention Centre Complex houses world class fully Air Conditioned Auditoriums, Conference Halls, Along with Guest House with 5-star facilities (42 suits), Conference Halls (18 Nos.), Exhibition Ground (5 acre) and Banquet Hall. It is the largest of its type in the state of Odisha and one of the best in Eastern India.
- KIIT also provides banking facilities to all its students from in-campus branches and ATMs of several Nationalized and Private sector banks.
- All the major students’ areas, including the hostel rooms and libraries are provided Wi-Fi access through a secure wireless network.
- Within campus Hospitals, a KIIT constituent, provides for free medical consultancy to its students. All diagnostic services and medical and dental treatment are provided to the students at a very affordable cost.
- An in-campus post office for the benefit of staff and students.
- KIIT has its own fleet of buses to cater to the transportation needs of its students, staff members and visiting guests. These buses serve as the link between the campus and the city.
KINS, Bhubaneswar Faculty
The teacher and student ratio is as per the INC (Indian Nursing Council) standards. All the teachers have minimum post graduate qualification with teaching experience. Higher faculty have PhD and other extra diploma degrees, with years of teaching experience. The lecturers hold relevant certifications and experience. The faculties are working at the following positions:
Vice Principal: 1
Associate Professor: 2
Assistant Professor: 6
Programme coordinator: 1
M.Sc. (N) Tutor: 21
Read more: KINS Bhubaneswar Faculty
KINS, Bhubaneswar FAQs
Ques. What are the number of seats available for the courses offered by KINS Bhubaneswar?
Ans. The number of seats available for the courses offered at KINS Bhubaneswar are:
- B.Sc. Nursing - 60 Seats
- GNM-50 Seats
- M.Sc. Nursing -16 seats
Ques. How is the campus life at KINS, Bhubaneswar?
Ans. Campus is ragging free. There is no discrimination towards gender, religion or sexual orientation. Lab facilities are available as per every course with well-equipped products. For extra curriculum different gyms, swimming pools are available for male and female and other than that campus have all the play equipment and fields like volleyball, basketball ground, football and hockey ground, cricket stadium, indoor stadium.
Ques. How is the accommodation facility at KINS, Bhubaneswar?
Ans. Well- equipped, modern Hostel facility is available on campus which includes 2 seater and 3 seater rooms available with 1 bed, 1 wardrobe, 1 table and chair, free WiFi, and 24*7 electricity and water facility. Separate hostels are available for boys and girls with 24*7 security.
Ques. How can I contact KINS, Bhubaneswar for queries?
Ans. Students can get in touch with KINS, Bhubaneswar through email, phone or post.
- Email- email@example.com
- Post- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KiiT), Patia, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India 751024
- Contact- 0674 2725113, 0674 2741389
Ques. What is the fee structure at KINS, Bhubaneswar?
Ans. The Fee Structure at KINS, Bhubaneswar is as per the INC standards. It costs approximately 5-7 Lakhs for a 4 years Course B.Sc. Nursing at KINS which includes accommodation, Food, extracurricular activities, etc. Candidates can contact KINS Bhubaneswar for the detailed fee structure.