Deviprasad Goenka Management College of Media Studies (DGMC), Mumbai is ranked 2nd among Top emerging B-Schools in Mumbai as per Times BSchool Survey 2020 and awarded “The B-School Leadership Award” from Devang Mehta National Education Awards. DGMC offers degree and postgraduate diploma courses in the discipline of Media and Communication, Film, TV and Journalism, etc.
Deviprasad Goenka Management College of Media Studies Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2014 | Private|
|Approved by||AICTE, UGC|
|Affiliated to||Mumbai University|
|Entrance Exam||National: CAT/ XAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ GMAT/ ATMA|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG & PGDM|
|UG Application Form||Click Here|
|PG Application Form||Click Here|
|Top Recruiters||Social Kinnect, ALT Balaji, Pentacle Design, Epic Channel, BOI Media & Entertainment Pvt. Ltd., Splash Media, BBC Production, Golden oak|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Seminar Hall, Studio, Scholarship, etc|
|Admission Helpdesk||90044 44091/ 92|
DGMC, RSET Campus
Deviprasad Goenka Management College of Media Studies Awards
- DGMC has received ‘Education Institute with the Best Academic Input (Syllabus) in Media & Communication’ Devang Mehta National Education Awards.
- Awarded DGMC ‘Management College of the Year 2016 (Media and Communication)’ for the positive impact the institute has made on the Education Fraternity and the Society.
- DGMC is a recognized training provider of the Media & Entertainment Skills Council (MESC) for the period of 12th December 2018 to 11th December 2019.
Deviprasad Goenka Management College of Media Studies Courses
DGMC offers UG, PG and PG Diploma Courses in the discipline of Media and Communication, Film, TV and Journalism, etc. Tabulated below are the details for the same:
|BA||Film, Television and New Media Production, Multi-Media & Communications||10+2 in any stream from a recognized board|
|MA||Film, Television and New Media Production, Communication & Journalism||Graduation from a recognized university|
|PGDM||Media & Communication Management||
Check: DGMC Mumbai Courses and Fees
Deviprasad Goenka Management College of Media Studies Admission
- Visit the official website of the institute.
- Download the prospectus and the application form.
- Submit the application form and pay the fee of INR 100 (for BA) and INR 2000 (for PGDM) via online mode.
- Appear for the Personal Interview.
Deviprasad Goenka Management College of Media Studies Placement
DGMC Mumbai inculcates a well-structured placement cell, offering lucrative job opportunities to the students. The Capstone Project with an internship is application-based learning, wherein the trimester VI student will undergo a combination of both, internship as well as an industry immersion with the opportunity to apply knowledge and skills that students have acquired during their PGDM program. The 12-week project is under the guidance of industry and academic mentors.
Top Recruiters of DGMC: Social Kinnect, ALT Balaji, Pentacle Design, Epic Channel, BOI Media & Entertainment Pvt. Ltd., Splash Media, BBC Production, Goldenoak, TBWA Worldwide, Balaji Production, Sony Pix, Abstract Designer, eBrand India Technologies, Eggfirst, etc.
Deviprasad Goenka Management College of Media Studies Facilities
Library: The institute has a well-stocked library with an inspiring range of books on varied subjects in media and management, along with a subscription to national and international periodicals, journals and a formidable collection of DVDs, on curricular as well as co-curricular topics.
Seminar Hall: The 60-seater acoustically built Seminar Hall named after its donor Shri. Madhoprasad Saraf enables Hi-Tech Learning and knowledge sharing as well as doubles up as a conclave setting.
Sound Studio: The DGMC Sound Innovation Lab provides the best of sound recording and designing equipment for Mixing and Editing, mastering, arranging, sound design and contemporary music production, ADR and Voice over recording, The lab is well equipped with the latest industry-standard hardware and software such as Pro Tools, Cubase and Nuendo. All film making, sound engineering students have access to the Sound Innovation Lab, where they can learn, and practice to hone their skills.
Girls Hostel: Rajasthani Sammelan has set up Draupadidevi Sanwarmal Women’s Hostel to provide residential accommodation to girl students. The hostel is on the 11th & 12th floor of the RSET Campus. The hostel can accommodate 135 girl students. The rooms are available on a sharing basis and managed by a Rector & Hostel Incharge. The hostel provides accommodation to girl students pursuing higher studies.
Boys Hostel: The Jankidevi Bilasrai Bubna Boys Hostel is the perfect residential unit for boy students with an accommodation capacity of up to 152 students. The hostel is set primarily near the RSET campus and available on a shared basis.
Check: DGMC Mumbai Hostel Fees
Deviprasad Goenka Management College of Media Studies Faculty
DGMC Mumbai has a diverse faculty of highly qualified and experienced faculty members. The faculty is known for its outstanding faculty. The institute has a team of highly qualified faculty members, the majority of them have long teaching experience and are associated with the institution for many years.
Check: DGMC Mumbai Faculty
Deviprasad Goenka Management College of Media Studies FAQs
Ques. Does the institute provide scholarships?
Ans. The institute provides the following scholarships to deserving students:
- IRB Scholarship Endowment Fund
- BKT Endowment Freeship Fund
- Jankidevi Bubna Freeship
Check: DGMC Mumbai Scholarship
Ques. What is the selection criteria for students seeking admission in MA Communication & Journalism?
Ans. Students seeking admission in MA Communication & Journalism will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Write an essay of not less than 500 words and not more than 800 words (typed in double spacing on a single sheet of paper and signed by the student) on their purpose for seeking admission to the course. This essay has to be submitted along with the application form. The essay has to be in the form of an argument justifying the purpose of taking the course. This essay may be written in English, Hindi or Marathi.
- The student must produce testimonials from at least two teachers who have personally taught the student in school/ college stating why the teachers feel that the student should do the course and how the course will benefit the student. The testimonials may not exceed 150 words each. The testimonial must mention the period that the teacher has been associated with the student, in which institution and how long has the teacher been with the said institution. The testimonials must accompany the admission form and it may be written in English, Hindi or Marathi.
Ques. Why join DGMC Mumbai?
Ans. The following are the advantages of joining DGMC:
- Highly qualified academicians & industry professionals as faculty
- Focused internship and practical training
- Students are equipped to produce, direct, script and edit their own films
- Courses recognized by the university of MUMBAI/ AICTE/ UGC
- Campus-based in Mumbai which is India’s hub for Media, Entertainment & Communication Industry
- Access to a wide range of latest professional facilities, experts and resources
- Live projects are part of the well-structured course curriculum
- Opportunity to be a part of a glamorous & socially interactive media industry
- Dedicated hi-tech wi-fi campus for media studies with design & broadcast studios
- Ster classes and workshops by stalwarts organized throughout the year