Indian Institute of Bio-Social Research and Development [IBRAD], established in 1985, is a recognized non-profit professional bio-social research institute in Kolkata, West Bengal. IBRAD offers courses like MBA/ PGDM in specializations such as Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management, Systems and HealthCare Service Administration, and Sustainable Development. Admission to the courses are conducted on the basis of score in the MAT/JEMAT examinations.
|Established | Institution Type||1985 | Public|
|Approved by||Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology|
|Set by||Government of India|
|Courses Offered||MBA/ PGDM|
|Popular Courses||MBA/ PGDM|
|Admission Criteria||Merit and Entrance based exam|
|Campus Area||3 acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Computer Laboratory, Internet facility|
IBRAD Courses Offered
IBRAD offers courses such as MBA in a different specialization. Courses offered by IBRAD are as follows:
Read More: IBRAD Courses & Fees
- IBRAD accepts admission based on the MAT and JEMAT entrance exam. Depending on the score in the entrance exam
- Performance in the rounds is considered when candidates are selected.
How to apply?
- Visit the Official MAT/JEMAT website and apply for the entrance exam.
- Upload and fill up all the necessary details and complete the registration procedure.
- Submit the form and pay the required application fee.
- Once you give the entrance exam and get the score, apply it to the institutes for the course.
- Selection for courses in IBRAD is done based on Merit as well as Entrance Score
Read More: IBRAD Admission 2020
IBRAD Important Dates
|MAT exam Registration||7th Jun 2020|
|MAT Examination Date||14th Jun 2020|
Thorough Placement assistance is provided to the students. Students are encouraged to become full-fledged management professionals. This will help them to procure business, develop and achieve the organizational goals when placed in an industrial environment.
- IBRAD offers scholarships to the students who score outstanding marks in the academic.
- Special Scholarship is provided to women students.
Indian Institute of Bio-Social Research and Development offers ‘Green Campus’ which aims to educate the students and staff members about the energy plan, reduce waste, pollution, and initiate lifestyle change.
Following are the facilities at IBRAD:
- Library: offers a collection of books and materials for reading, study, consultation, and research. Has a collection of more than 1200 titles, 35 printed journal subscriptions, audio-visuals, databases, e-journals, and annual reports of top companies.
- Internet: provides high-speed internet connection available at a speed of 512 Kbps.
- Computer Laboratory: offers audio-visual laboratory with video-conferencing facilities.
- Mess: Faculty, students, and staff get the opportunity to talk informally beyond the classrooms and develop strong social bonds.
- Power Supply: campus provides a 24*7 uninterrupted power supply through the generator facility.
- Green Campus: campus promotes plantation, develops medicinal plant garden, solar energy, e-waste, bio-fertilizers, and work towards the paperless organization.
IBRAD has core team members that govern the functioning of the institute. It includes Chairman, Vice-chairman, Secretary-General, Joint Secretary, Treasurer, Hony. Secretary, and members of the committee.
Indian Institute of Bio-social Research and Development offers various programs that aim to deliver high-quality research. Various projects are undertaken that provide the opportunity on how the future of sustainable rural management education can be addressed.
IBRAD has been associated with various departments including Rajasthan, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Tripura, Chhattisgarh, and Andhra Pradesh to provide training to various officers. Apart from being one of the first institutes to commence courses for IFS officers on Participatory Forest Management, IBRAD offers an impactful understanding of sustainable human development.
Ques. How will the Educational Programme benefit the student?
Ans. Education Programme by IBRAD offers special emphasis on broadening and enhancing skills and expertise with a wide range of technical, planning, bio-social, and organizational management skills. It has conducted the highest number of training such as Integrated Systematic Approach training for National and International candidates. Training has been provided to senior Indian Forest Service (IFS) officers, health officials, forest officers, and engineers by IBRAD.
Ques. What are the new courses launched by IBRAD?
Ans. Following are the new courses that will be launched :
- Integrated Natural Resource Management and Sustainable Agriculture for farmers (three months vocational course)
- Integrated Natural Resource Management and Sustainable Agriculture for farmers (six months vocational course)
- Project management in participatory Integrated Natural resource management and sustainable Agriculture (PINRASA)
Ques. What are the new projects conducted at IBRAD?
Ans. Some of the ongoing projects at IBRAD includes :
a) OpenNESS : provides a powerful way to examine the interaction between ecosystem (nature) and social-cultural systems (human actions).
b) SO for ADMI Project : provides training and support for Water User Association (WUA)
c) SANCALP : designed and implemented to develop and recognize community leaders to create a world of sustainable development.
d) Integrated Tribal Development : a project implemented for tribal community
Ques. What are the workshops and training conducted at IBRAD?
Ans. IBRAD offers a one-week compulsory training course for the Indian Forest Service Officers on ‘Improvement of Ecosystems Services for Livelihood Development through Community Participation’. Training has been conducted on ‘Gender issues and Building capacity for Sustainable Joint Forest Management Committee’. Various workshops and residential training have been conducted sponsored by the Department of Agricultural Marketing, Government of West Bengal.
Ques. What are the selection criteria for MBA in IBRAD?
Ans. The selection of an MBA at IBRAD is done solely based on JEMAT/MAT scores. Students who qualify in JEMAT or MAT exam need to appear for GD and PI, written test and aptitude test.