Kamla Nehru Mahavidyalaya, Nagpur, Maharashtra has been a renowned private institute which is situated in Nagpur, Maharashtra. It was founded in 1983 by the visionary Late Shri Govindraoji Wanjari with the aim of imparting quality education. The institute is accredited to A+ grade by NAAC, with CGPA of 3.53 and affiliated to Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University.
It offers UG/PG courses, add on courses, one year certificate courses in Paramedics etc to provide the best learning experience and environment to the students. The admissions process of various programs may vary depending on the courses.
The institute is associated with several other renowned institutes of the world like University of Huddersfield UK, and Asia Pacific Quality Network (APQN) to give students the best exposure.
Kamla Nehru Mahavidyalaya, Nagpur Highlights
|Institute name||Kamla Nehru Mahavidyalaya|
|Accredited by||UGC & A+ Grade by NAAC|
|Affiliated to||Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharani Nagpur University|
|Courses||BA, MA, BBA, B.Com, M.Com., BCA, MCA, M.Tech., B.Tech., B.Voc., B.L.I.Sc., M.L.I.Sc., MCM|
|Course type||Full time|
|Admission Criteria||Merit based/ Entrance based|
|Entrance exams accepted||MAH MCA CET, CAT, MAT, XAT GMAT, ATMA, CMAT, MAH MMS CET|
|Facilities||Hostel, canteen, library, auditorium, gymnasium, women cell|
|Campus area||2 acres|
KNM Nagpur Courses
The institute provides with the following variety of courses:- BA, MA, BBA, B.Com, M.Com., BCA, MCA, M.Tech., B.Tech., B.Voc., B.L.I.Sc., M.L.I.Sc., MCM, Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Commercial Applications, Post B.Sc. Diploma in Computer Science and Applications.
|B.tech||Duration- 4 years
Eligibility- 10+2 with 45% (general category) or 40% (reserved category)
Specializations- Cosmetic Technology
|B.Com||Duration- 3 years
Specializations- Computer Applications, Marathi Medium, Retail Management
|B.Sc.||Duration- 3 years
Specializations- Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Mathematics, Microbiology, Botany, Electronics, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Zoology, Environmental Science
|B.Voc||Duration- 3 years
Specializations- Retail Management, Software Development
|MA||Duration- 2 years
Specializations- Economics, English Literature, History, Marathi Literature, Political Science, Sociology
|M.Sc||Duration- 2 years
Specializations- Computer Science, Electronics, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Environmental Science, Botany, Zoology
|MBA||Duration- 2 years
Specializations- Marketing Management, Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Operation Management, Service Sector Management
Read More: KNM Courses & Fee
KNM Nagpur Admissions
Admission to B.Tech. will be based upon merit marking and meritorious students shall be selected.
Admission into other UG courses such as BA, B.Com. B.Sc, BBA the student candidate must have passed the 10+2 examination from Maharashtra State Board or any other examination of equivalent status to be eligible for the same.
Admission to M.Tech. however will be based upon the merit marks scored by the student candidate in the GATE entrance examination.
Admission to MBA will entirely be based upon meritorious marks secured in any of these entrance examinations- CAT, MAT, XAT, GMAT, ATMA, CMAT, MAH-CET. The candidate might later be called for the counselling process.
Admission into the Post Graduate Programs such as MA, M.Com, M.Sc., the candidate must pass the 10+2 examination from Maharashtra State Board along with the Bachelor's degree from a recognized university to be eligible.
In case of admission into M.L.Sc., completion of B.Lib. degree is essential. In the same way for admission into MCA course, completion of B.Sc. a Maths or BCA degree is necessary to be eligible.
The selection procedure will be based upon MAH MCA CET score in case of admission into MCA course and MAH MMS CET score in case of admission into MCM course.
Selection procedure of PGDCA is merit based.
How to apply?
- The student candidate needs to go to the official website of the college and download the application form to get admission.
- The downloaded application form then needs to be filled with utmost care because any incomplete form sent to them will be rejected according to the rules and regulations.
- The application form shall be filled up by mentioning all the necessary details such as your personal information, academic details etc.
- Selection procedure might also include personal interview as well for which you need to check the dates from the official website of the institute.
- Admission will be finalized only after the student submits all the original documents and has paid all the fees.
- The original and copy of your 10th and 12th marksheet
- The original copy of your leaving certificate from the school or university
- The original provisional certificate
- The original marksheet of the previous examination given
- The eligibility certificate from RTM Nagpur University if the student belongs to some other state
- The original copy of the migration certificate
- If the student belongs to reserved category, then caste certificate also needs to be attached
- No objection certificate from the employer if the student was or is employed
- Two colored passport size photographs are required to be attached
Read More: KNM Admission
KNM Nagpur Placements
The placement cell of the institute is very active in providing placement opportunities in the most reputed corporations such as HDFC, Eureka Forbes, Wipro etc. According to the 2017-18 placement report, a total of 17 students were placed in a number of reputed CMS IT Services and 90 students got placed internationally.
The placement record from the year 2013-2018 is given below:
|Company's name||Students Placed|
|Tata Business Support Services||39|
|Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.||4|
|CMS IT Services||43|
|Karan Kothari Jewellers Pvt. Ltd.||15|
Read More: KNM Placement
KNM Nagpur Scholarship
Scholarships are based upon the follow categories-
|Economically backward students||The student candidate belonging to the BPL category is eligible to attain this scholarship. The income of parents of such students must be below 1Lakh Rupees.|
|By social welfare department||Fee concession is also provided by the director of the social welfare department, pune to the students. All the students are requested to fill up this form. SC/NT/ST/OBC/VJ/SBC students will get this concession on fees.|
|Physically Handicapped Criteria||The scholarships are also provided on the basis of physical disabilities of the student. For this, one has to submit the certificate of civil surgeon from a government hospital.|
|Meritorious student’s criteria||On the basis of merit scores, the top 3 scorers of their respective institute are given scholarships under this category.|
|Fee concession on student's whose father is an Ex-military man||Sons and daughters of an ex-military man get this concession on fees. There is no limit of income for the purpose of eligibility under this category.|
|Freedom Fighters concession||Students whose father or grandfather were involved in the freedom struggle, were imprisoned for at least 1 month or whose belongings were destroyed during the struggle may apply for getting fee concession under this category.|
|Primary Teacher or Secondary School Teacher's concession||Full time father/mother of the student candidate who has worked as a Teacher for Sthanik Swarajya Sanstha/ Govt. Schools/Semi Govt. Schools/ Nagar Parishad/ Zilla Parishad Schools/ Cantonment Schools may apply for fee concession under this category. However, concession may not be granted after retirement.|
Read More: KNM Scholarships
KNM Nagpur Facilities
- Labs- The state-of-art research labs are available for students to carry out experimenting with ease in the field of physics, chemistry, botany, and electronics
- Hostel- The hostel facility is made available to girls by the institute. Two hostels are available for girls along with all the necessary amenities and facilities. Wardens take proper care of the safety of the girls.
- Gymnasium- Multi-stationed gymnasium is available for the students with all the hi-tech equipment provided along with it.
- Digital classroom- Digital classroom is available for better learning experience.
- Air conditioned Seminar Halls- Large seminar hall is available with the input of air conditioning facility as well with a capacity of 200 people. The Air conditioned Auditorium is also available with the capacity of around 400 people.
- Library- Library is made available to the students for reading and learning purposes along with the availability of 40,000 books, journals, reference materials etc.
- Health care- The institute also provides health care services during emergencies and needs.
- Computer systems and LCD Projectors- Computer systems are made available to the students along with LCD projectors screening to enhance the learning experience.
- Language labs- language laboratories are provided to the students for improving soft skills like linguistic abilities that includes speaking and listening abilities
- Women cell- Women cells are made available to the girls and other female staff members of our institute to provide the necessary assistance and guidance in case of academic and personal matters or issues.
Read More: KNM Reviews
KNM Nagpur Faculty
The institute consists of well experienced and trained faculty members with an enormous amount of knowledge. The faculty members are friendly and assisting the students in every matter of issue with them.
The further details of the faculty members are:
- Department of commerce: 22
- Department of MBA: 5
- Department Of Physics: 11
- Department Of Chemistry: 8
- Department Of Library: 6
- Department Of English: 7
- Department Of Marathi: 5
- Economics: 1
- Department Of History: 3
- Department Of Political Science: 2
- Department Of Sociology: 3
- Department Of Music: 2
- Department Of Home Economics: 1
- Department Of Electronics: 6
- Department Of Mathematics: 4
- Department Of Microbiology: 7
- Department Of Cosmetic Technology: 7
- Department Of Zoology: 6
- Department Of Botany: 11
- Department Of Biochemistry: 8
- Department Of Environment Science: 9
- Department Of Biotechnology: 15
- Department of MCA: 8
- Department Of Computer Science: 16
- Department of B.Voc.: 2
Read More: KNM Faculty
KNM Nagpur FAQs
Ques. Does Kamla Nehru Mahavidyalaya have an alumni network?
Ques. What is the fee for BA, B.Sc., BBA, BCA & M.Sc. at Kamla Nehru Mahavidyalaya?
- BCA- Rs. 20,869/- for first year
- BBA- Rs. 15,259/- for first year
- B.Sc. - Rs. 3,369/- for first year
- M.Sc. - Rs. 30,362/- for first year
- BA- Rs. 2,571/- for first year
Ques. Is the fees refundable under any circumstances at Kamla Nehru Mahavidyalaya?
Ques. Does the institute Kamla Nehru Mahavidyalaya provide a ragging free campus?
Ques. What other courses are provided by Kamla Nehru Mahavidyalaya?