IISER Pune, established in 2006, is a research-intensive teaching institute. The Government of India, through the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), has established seven Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER). These institutes are located in Bhopal, Berhampur, Mohali, Pune, Kolkata, Thiruvananthapuram and Tirupati.
IISER PhD Admission 2021: Last date to apply for PhD Admission 2021 is April 30, 2021. Eligible candidates can visit the official website to apply.
IISER Pune Important Date
|Last Date to Submit Application Form for Ph.D. in Earth & Climate Science||April 30, 2021|
|Tentative dates of Interview||May 1st Week, 2021|
IISER Pune, Highlights
|Course||PG and Doctoral|
|Entrance Exam||IISER Aptitude Test (IAT)|
|Mode of Admission||Online|
IISER Pune, Courses
Course 1: BS-MS (Dual Degree)
- Duration: 5 years
- Eligibility: Science students who have passed class 10+2 or equivalent Specialization: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Earth and Environmental Sciences and Physics
Course 2: BS
- Duration: 4 years
- Eligibility: Science students who have passed class 10+2 or equivalent Specialization: Economics and Engineering Sciences
Course 3: Int- Ph.D. Program
- Eligibility: 60% marks (in aggregate, not only in majoring subject) or equivalent CGPA for General/OBC (55% or equivalent CGPA for SC/ST) in Bachelor's or equivalent degree in any one of the following disciplines: Biological Sciences / Biodiversity / Chemistry / Ecology and Environmental Sciences / Mathematics / Physics / Pharmacy / Medical Sciences / Engineering (BE/B. Tech)
- Specialization: Biology, Chemical, Mathematics and Physics
Course 4: Ph.D. Program
- Eligibility: Students with a Master’s degree in Science / Mathematics or a four-year Bachelor's degree with at least 60% marks (aggregate) are encouraged to apply to our Ph.D. program. In addition to the qualifying degree, we expect the students to have qualified a national examination such as CSIR-UGC NET/GATE/JEST/NBHM/JGEEBILS, etc. depending on their area of research interest. Students will be selected for the Ph.D. program based on performance in the interviews.
- Specialization: Biology, Chemical, Mathematics, and Physics
Read More IISER Pune Courses and Fees Structure
IISER Pune, Admissions
IISER Pune offers an online mode of the application process for BS-MS Dual Degree, Integrated Ph.D., and Ph.D. programs. Candidates must fill the application form carefully by visiting the official website of IISER Pune and read all the instructions given.
For International Students: Candidates can apply by writing to email@example.com with a cover letter, CV, Research Statement, Scan of information pages of Passport, transcript and three Letter of Recommendations. In the cover letter, mention the name of the department of interest along with the names of the specific research group in IISER.
- Only online applications will be accepted.
- The candidates must carefully fill and submit the online application form on or before the specified date.
- After the last date, all applications will be screened and candidates selected for interviews will be intimated by email.
- All communication with candidates will be by email only.
- Kindly check the official website for periodic updates.
- In case of any application-related queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your application number mentioned in the subject line.
- Candidates who are appearing or are about to appear for the final examination of the qualifying degree program are eligible to apply for Ph.D. program. However, if selected, admission to the Ph.D. program would be conditional upon their completing the qualifying degree with the defined marks criteria, before 1st January 2020
- Selection will be based on interviews of short-listed candidates.
Note: Relaxation of eligibility criteria for SC/ST and PD applicants will be as per Government of India norms. Candidates belonging to reserved category will have to submit relevant certificates if selected.
IISER Pune Placement
The Career Development Centre (CDC) at IISER Pune serves as an interface between the institute's students and the world of employers. The center has the following objectives:
- to provide full-time job and internship in-campus interviewing opportunities to Masters and Doctoral students seeking employment in industries (private/public)
- to guide and mentor students preparing for subsequent academic programs in judiciously navigating through the entire spectrum of opportunities and careers they can embark on and contribute to after the transformation brought in them by IISER.
Read More IISER Pune Placements
IISER Pune Facilities
Research Facilities: We aim to develop a state-of-the-art research infrastructure in various areas of science. The available facilities are rapidly expanding as the institute grows. Follow the links below to know more about the experimental research (and teaching) facilities currently available at IISER Pune.
Computing Facilities: The computing facility and IT infrastructure at IISER Pune cater to all the faculty, students and staff. The institute has a good number of server and workstation-class computers for various system administration services. This is apart from a large number of PCs and workstations that serve the personal computing requirements.
E-Classroom: IISER also hosts two e-classrooms funded by Govt. of India and it is connected to the National Knowledge Network (NKN) through a 100 Mbps connectivity. The connectivity of the NKN will soon be upgraded to 1 Gbps. The NKN connects many other institutions like most of the national laboratories, IITs, IIMs and other IISERs. This facility is used to run classes for students taking courses from different parts of the country.
Library: IISER Pune Library is a creative and innovative partner in teaching, learning and research activities which in turn contributes to the achievement of the institute's mission to become a science university of the highest caliber with state of the art research and high-quality education. The library has undergone a sea of transformation, not only with doubling of books but also providing online access to all premier journals as well as full-text & bibliographic databases available in the field of science and allied subjects. Efforts are being put to apply ICT in all possible operations and services of the library to improve its service quality.
Ques: What is the eligibility criteria for BS-MS (Dual Degree) at IISER Pune?
Ques: How is the IISER Pune Placement cell?
Ques: Does IISER Pune offer any scholarships?
Ques: What is the course fee for Bachelor of Science [BS] + Master of Science [MS] at IISER Pune?
Ques: Does IISER Pune offer library facility to its students?
Ques: What is the selection criteria for the integrated Ph.D at IISER Pune?