IIT JAM 2019 Application Form, Exam Dates, Syllabus, Eligibility
IIT Kharagpur is set to conduct JAM 2019 on February 10, 2019. IIT JAM (Joint Admission Test for M.Sc.) is a national level examination. This exam is conducted for providing admission to the M.Sc., Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree & other post-bachelor’s degree courses at IITs. Through this exam, candidates can also get admission into the Ph.D. programme at IISc. Eligibility Criteria of JAM is candidate should have the Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with at least 55%.
|IIT JAM Syllabus||IIT JAM Application Form (September 1, 2018)||IIT JAM Admit Card|
- IIT JAM 2019 will be conducted for 20 subjects offered by the Participating IIT’s.
- IIT Kharagpur has released the notification related to JAM 2019 on August 27, 2018.
- The admit card for the entrance exam will be released from January 4, 2019.
- The counselling procedure will begin after IIT JAM Results are declared in the March 20, 2019.
IIT JAM 2019 Highlights
|Exam Name||Indian Institutes of Technology Joint Admission Test for M.Sc|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Purpose||Admission to M.Sc. (Two Years)|
M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree
Other Post-Graduate Degree Programs at IITs
Integrated Ph.D. Degree Programs at IISc
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Exam Date||February 10, 2019 (Declared)|
|Eligibility Criteria||Minimum 55% in Bachelor’s Degree|
|Mode of Application||Online|
IIT JAM 2019 Exam Dates
Check here tentative JAM dates for the JAM examination. Whenever the official dates released, we will update here:
|IIT JAM 2018 Application Form Release||September 01, 2018|
|Last date to submit form||October 10, 2018|
|Mock Test||January 10, 2019|
|Admit card||January 4, 2019|
|Exam Date||February 10, 2019|
|Result Declaration||March 20, 2019|
|Score Card Release||Last week of March 2019|
|Admission Form Availability||1st week of April 2019|
|Last date of verification of defective documents||May 08, 2019|
|1st admission list released||May 31, 2019|
|2nd admission list released||June 16, 2019|
|Declaration of First Admission List||June 30, 2019|
|Admission process will close on||July 05, 2019|
IIT JAM 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates those wish to appear in IIT JAM 2019 entrance exam should fulfill JAM Eligibility Criteria given below.
- Nationality: Candidates belongs to Indian national and foreign nationals are eligible to apply.
- Age Limit: No age restriction to apply.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate should have the Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate passed the qualifying exam with aggregate marks or CGPA/CPI (without rounding-off) with at least 55% or 5.5 out of 10 for General/OBC (NCL) category candidates (50% or 5.0 for SC/ST and PwD category candidates).
- Appearing Candidates: Final year studying candidates are eligible to apply.
IIT JAM 2019 Application Form
Check the steps to apply online in IIT JAM 2019:
- Candidates will be able to fill & submit the application only through online mode.
- The IIT JAM 2019 Registration will be started from the September 1, 2018.
- Candidates can fill the IIT JAM 2019 application form till the October 10, 2018.
- Candidates should upload their scanned images of photograph, signature & SC/ST/PwD certificates (if applicable).
- The authority will be provide JAM Application Correction facility in the month of October 2018.
- Take a printout copy of the application for further references.
- No hard copy of application & documents will be sent through offline mode to the organizing Institution.
The fee can be paid through Net-banking/debit card/credit card. The application fee details are given here:
|One Test Paper||Two Test Papers|
|Female (All Categories)/ SC/ST/PwD||INR 750||INR 1050|
|All Others||INR 1000||INR 2100|
IIT JAM 2019 Admit Card
- IIT JAM Admit Card 2019 will be released from the January 4, 2019.
- Aspirants will get the admit card through online mode only. It will not be sent by post/email.
- For downloading IIT JAM 2019 Admit Card candidates have to enter their Enrollment ID/Email ID, password, security code, etc.
- Candidates are advised to keep their login credentials safe as without it candidates cannot get their admit card.
- If candidates have forgotten their enrollment ID or password, they can recover it through “Forget Enrollment ID or Password” option.
- Candidates must preserve the IIT JAM Hall Ticket 2019 as it has to be produced at the time of admission.
- Admit card will contain candidate’s & exam relate details such as:
- Name of Candidate’s
- Registration Number
- Name(s) & Code(s) of Test paper(s)
- Name & Address of Test Center
Note: It is to be noted that candidates will have to report to the conducting authority in case there is any discrepancy on the admit card. Candidature may be cancelled if any information on the admit card is found to be false.
IIT JAM Exam Centers
- The exam centres of JAM 2019 mentioned in the options are divided as per the eight IIT Zones where the exams will be conducted.
- Candidates are given a chance to choose maximum three preferences.
- Here we are providing a list of exam centers for IIT JAM:
|IISc Bangalore||Bengaluru, Hubli, Hyderabad, Kannur, Kozhikode, Mangalore, Palakkad, Trissur|
|IIT Bombay||Ahmedabad, Goa, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nasik, Pune, Vadodara|
|IIT Delhi||Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Gurugram, Hisar, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, New Delhi|
|IIT Guwahati||Asansol-Durgapur, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Kalyani, Patna, Siliguri|
|IIT Kanpur||Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bhopal, Kanpur, Lucknow, Varanasi|
|IIT Kharagpur||Bhubaneswar, Kharagpur, Kolkata, Raipur, Ranchi, Vijaywada, Visakhapatnam|
|IIT Madras||Chennai, Coimbatore, Ernakulam, Kollam, Kottayam, Madurai, Thiruvananthapuram, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Warangal|
|IIT Roorkee||Dehradun, Jalandhar, Kurukshetra, NOIDA, Mohali, Moradabad, Roorkee|
- After the choice of exam centre is given the system will automatically detect the IIT Zone.
- The same has to be followed for the second and third preference.
IIT JAM Exam Centres 2019 once allotted will not be changed.
IIT JAM 2019 Exam Pattern
- IIT JAM Exam Pattern 2019 will be different as per the courses opted by the students.
- Exam Mode: The examination will be held in computer-based mode.
- Session: The exam will be organized into two sessions, i.e. 9 AM to 12 Noon & 2 PM to 5 PM.
- Sections: In the examinations, the questions will be asked in three different patterns such as Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions.
- No. of Papers: Total seven papers will be organized for JAM exam.
- Duration: The exam duration will be three hours.
- Medium: The medium of the exam will be English only.
- Number of Questions: Total 60 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Marks: The question paper will be of 100 marks.
- Negative Marking: There will be negative marking only in Section A.
|Sections||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Section A||30 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)||50|
|Section B||10 Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)||20|
|Section C||20 Numerical Answer Type (NAT)||30|
IIT JAM 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus will be divided as per the subjects & sections. It will be comprised of following subject’s topics & chapters, i.e. Biotechnology (BT), Biological Sciences (BL), Chemistry (CY), Geology (GC), Mathematics (MA), Mathematical Statistics (MS) & Physics (PH). The IIT JAM 2019 Syllabus will be prepared by the Institution from 10+2+3 level.
- Biological Sciences (BL): General Biology, Basics of Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Cell Biology and Immunology, Mathematical Sciences.
- Biotechnology (BT): The Biotechnology test paper comprises of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics. The syllabus will be of graduation level.
- Chemistry (CY): Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry.
- Geology (GG): The Planet Earth, Geomorphology, Structural Geology, Palaeontology, Stratigraphy, Mineralogy, Petrology, Economic Geology, Applied Geology.
- Mathematics (MA): Sequences and Series of Real Numbers, Functions of Two Real Variables, Differential Equations, Vector Calculus, Group Theory, Linear Algebra, Real Analysis,
- Mathematical Statistics (MS): The Mathematical Statistics (MS) test paper comprises of Mathematics and Statistics. Sequences and Series, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Matrices, Differential Equations, Statistics, Probability, Random Variables, Standard Distributions, Joint Distributions, Sampling distributions, Estimation, Testing of Hypotheses.
- Physics (PH): Mathematical Methods, Mechanics and General Properties of Matter, Oscillations, Waves and Optics, Electricity and Magnetism, kinetic theory, Thermodynamics, Modern Physics, solid State Physics, Devices and Electronics, Simple Oscillators.
Download IIT JAM 2019 Sample Papers
Candidates can click on any of the links provided below to download free sample papers for IIT JAM 2019:
IIT JAM 2019 Result
- Candidates will check their results only through online mode from the official website. The IIT JAM 2019 Result will be declared on March 20, 2019.
- Candidates should download their IIT JAM 2019 scorecard in the last week of March 2019. The organizing Institution will not send any hard copy of the score card through offline mode.
- No score card will be sent to candidates through offline mode.
- All India Rank (AIR) will be assigned as per the marks obtained in the examination.
- On the basis of performance in IIT JAM 2019, for each test paper, separate merit list will be prepared for GEN/ OBC/ SC/ ST/ PWD candidates.
- Merit list will be based on the number of seats available in each subject and AIR of every candidate.
- Qualified candidates can download their scorecard from April 07 to July 31, 2019.
- The scorecard will contain AIR and marks obtained in the particular subject.
IIT JAM 2019 Admission Procedure
- Candidates, those qualify the examination (whose names appear in the merit list), they will be eligible to appear in IIT JAM Counselling Procedure.
- Candidates have to fill the admission form available in the first week of April 2019 through online mode.
- On the basis of qualified test papers, candidates should apply for one or more academic courses.
- In the admission form, candidates have to fill a choice of courses in order of preference, educational qualifications, the percentage of marks/CGPA, category, PwD status, etc.
- Candidates have to pay INR 600 as an admission fee. The first admission list will be released in the fourth week of May 2019.
- Admission offers will be sent to candidates by their respective institutes.
- Acceptance form must be submitted and advance seat booking fee of INR 10000 (General/OBC-NCL candidates) and INR 5000 (SC/ST/PWD) must be paid thereafter.
- Second admission list will be published on the website if seats remain vacant. After seat allotment, candidates have to visit the allotted college to complete admission. The fee paid will be adjusted with the institute fee after admission.
- IIT JAM 2019 Third and final admission list will be prepared if seats still remain vacant.
- Qualified candidates who are not allotted a seat in the 1st and 2nd admission round will remain on the waiting list.
- Any one who does not accept the acceptance offer from the institute will be removed from the admission process.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College