IIT JAM 2019 Dates, Admit Card (Released), Exam Pattern and Syllabus
IIT Kharagpur has scheduled IIT JAM 2019 for February 10 in two sessions. As per the latest notification, the admit card is available on the official website. Visit the official portal of IIT JAM to download the e-admission ticket. Read more IIT JAM Admit Card
The computer-based exam is conducted for admission to MSc, Joint MSc-PhD, MSc-PhD dual degree programs at the IITs and integrated Ph.D. degree programs at IISc.
- IIT JAM Session 1 – 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
- IIT JAM Session 2 – 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm
Check detailed IIT JAM Syllabus
IIT JAM 2019 #Quick Facts
- IIT Kharagpur released the official notification on August 27.
- The exam will be conducted for 20 subjects offered by the participating IITs.
- The syllabus is divided into three sections- Section A, B and C. Check IIT JAM Exam Pattern
- JAM Exam City change Fee is INR 500, a facility available from Nov. 1 – Nov. 10, 2018. Know aboutIIT JAM Registration
Highlights of IIT JAM 2019
|Exam Name||Indian Institutes of Technology Joint Admission Test for M.Sc|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Purpose||Admission to M.Sc. (Two Years)|
M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree
Other Post-Graduate Degree Programs at IITs
Integrated Ph.D. Degree Programs at IISc
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Exam Date||February 10, 2019|
|Eligibility Criteria||Minimum 55% in Bachelor’s Degree – Know more|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|IIT JAM Helpdesk||03222-282091/282095 | email@example.com|
IIT JAM 2019 Exam Dates
Given below is the updated schedule for the examination:
|Release of IIT JAM Application Form 2019||September 5, 2018|
|Last date to submit form||October 12, 2018|
|Release of IIT JAM Mock Test||January 10, 2019|
|Issue of IIT JAM Admit card||January 8, 2019|
|IIT JAM 2019 Exam Date||February 10, 2019|
|Result Declaration||March 20, 2019|
|Score Card Release||March 2019 – CheckJAM Cutoff|
|Admission Form Availability||1st week of April 2019|
|Last date of verification of defective documents||May 8, 2019|
|1st admission list released||May 31, 2019|
|2nd admission list released||June 16, 2019|
|Declaration of First Admission List||June 30, 2019|
|Admission process will close on||July 5, 2019|
IIT JAM Eligibility Criteria
The candidates those wish to appear in IIT JAM 2019 entrance exam should fulfill JAM Eligibility Criteria given below.
- Nationality: Candidates belongs to Indian national and foreign nationals are eligible to apply.
- Age Limit: No age restriction to apply.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate passed the qualifying exam with aggregate marks or CGPA/CPI (without rounding-off) with at least 55% or 5.5 out of 10 for General/OBC (NCL) category candidates (50% or 5.0 for SC/ST and PwD category candidates).
- Appearing Candidates: Final year studying candidates are eligible to apply.
IIT JAM 2019 Application Form
The registration window closed on October 12. Currently, applicants can make corrections in their form till October 30. Both the facilities can be accessed via online mode only at JAM Online Application Processing System (JOAPS). Check the steps to apply online for IIT JAM 2019:
JOAPS provides an online interface to the candidate for interacting with the JAM Administration. With this interface, a candidate can:
- Apply for the examination online
- Upload photograph, signature and other documents like category certificate (if applicable), PwD certificate (if applicable), etc.
- Pay the application fee through any of the electronic payment modes
- Check the Status of the application form: Received, Under scrutiny, Accepted, Defect status, Status after rectification, Rejected with valid reasons, Admit card ready for download, etc.
- Download Admit Card
- View your answers, marks and JAM score
- Download JAM scorecard
- Submission of application for Admission
Know about IIT JAM 2019 Registration
The fee can be paid through Net-banking/debit card/credit card. The application fee details are given here:
|One Test Paper||Two Test Papers|
|Female (All Categories)/ SC/ST/PwD||INR 750||INR 1050|
|All Others||INR 1000||INR 2100|
IIT JAM 2019 Admit Card
- Applicants will be issued their IIT JAM Admit Card 2019 from January 8, 2019.
- Visit the official website/ JOAPS portal to check and download the document.
- Aspirants will get the admit card through online mode only. It will not be sent by post/email.
- For downloading IIT JAM 2019 Admit Card, enter the issued Enrollment ID/Email ID, password, security code, etc.
- If candidates have forgotten their enrollment ID or password, they can recover it through “Forget Enrollment ID or Password” option.
- Keep the hall ticket safe until the admissions are confirmed.
- Admit card will contain candidate’s & exam relate details such as:
- Name of Candidate’s
- Registration Number
- Name(s) & Code(s) of Test paper(s)
- Name & Address of Test Center
Note: In case there is any discrepancy on the admit card, contact the concerned authorities immediately.
IIT JAM Exam Centers
- The exam centers of JAM 2019 mentioned in the options are divided as per the eight IIT Zones where the exams will be conducted.
- Candidates are given a chance to choose a maximum three preferences.
- Here we are providing a list of exam centers for IIT JAM:
|IISc Bangalore||Bengaluru, Hubli, Hyderabad, Kannur, Kozhikode, Mangalore, Palakkad, Trissur|
|IIT Bombay||Ahmedabad, Goa, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nasik, Pune, Vadodara|
|IIT Delhi||Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Gurugram, Hisar, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, New Delhi|
|IIT Guwahati||Asansol-Durgapur, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Kalyani, Patna, Siliguri|
|IIT Kanpur||Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bhopal, Kanpur, Lucknow, Varanasi|
|IIT Kharagpur||Bhubaneswar, Kharagpur, Kolkata, Raipur, Ranchi, Vijaywada, Visakhapatnam|
|IIT Madras||Chennai, Coimbatore, Ernakulam, Kollam, Kottayam, Madurai, Thiruvananthapuram, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Warangal|
|IIT Roorkee||Dehradun, Jalandhar, Kurukshetra, NOIDA, Mohali, Moradabad, Roorkee|
- After the choice of exam centre is given the system will automatically detect the IIT Zone.
- The same has to be followed for the second and third preference.
IIT JAM Exam Centres 2019 once allotted will not be changed.
IIT JAM Exam Pattern
- The paper pattern will be different as per the courses opted by the students.
- Exam Mode: Online i.e. computer-based mode
- Session: Two sessions, i.e. 9 AM to 12 Noon & 2 PM to 5 PM.
- Sections: the questions will be asked in three different patterns such as Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and Numerical Answer Type Questions (NAT)
- No. of Papers: Total seven papers will be organized for JAM exam.
- Duration: Three hours
- Medium: English only
- No. of Questions: Total 60 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Marks: The question paper will be of 100 marks.
- Negative Marking: There will be negative marking only in Section A.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Section A||30 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)||50|
|Section B||10 Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)||20|
|Section C||20 Numerical Answer Type (NAT)||30|
IIT JAM Syllabus
The syllabus will be divided as per the subjects & sections. It will be comprised of following subject’s topics & chapters, i.e. Biotechnology (BT), Biological Sciences (BL), Chemistry (CY), Geology (GC), Mathematics (MA), Mathematical Statistics (MS) & Physics (PH). The IIT JAM 2019 Syllabus will be prepared by the Institution from 10+2+3 level.
- Biological Sciences (BL): General Biology, Basics of Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Cell Biology and Immunology, Mathematical Sciences.
- Biotechnology (BT): The Biotechnology test paper comprises of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics. The syllabus will be of graduation level.
- Chemistry (CY): Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry.
- Geology (GG): The Planet Earth, Geomorphology, Structural Geology, Palaeontology, Stratigraphy, Mineralogy, Petrology, Economic Geology, Applied Geology.
- Mathematics (MA): Sequences and Series of Real Numbers, Functions of Two Real Variables, Differential Equations, Vector Calculus, Group Theory, Linear Algebra, Real Analysis,
- Mathematical Statistics (MS): The Mathematical Statistics (MS) test paper comprises of Mathematics and Statistics. Sequences and Series, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Matrices, Differential Equations, Statistics, Probability, Random Variables, Standard Distributions, Joint Distributions, Sampling distributions, Estimation, Testing of Hypotheses.
- Physics (PH): Mathematical Methods, Mechanics and General Properties of Matter, Oscillations, Waves and Optics, Electricity and Magnetism, kinetic theory, Thermodynamics, Modern Physics, solid State Physics, Devices and Electronics, Simple Oscillators.
Download IIT JAM 2019 Sample Papers
Candidates can click on any of the links provided below to download free sample papers for IIT JAM 2019:
IIT JAM 2019 Result
- Candidates will check their results only through online mode from the official website.
- IIT JAM 2019 Result will be declared on March 20, 2019.
- Candidates should download their IIT JAM 2019 scorecard in the last week of March 2019. The organizing Institution will not send any hard copy of the scorecard through offline mode.
- No score card will be sent to candidates through offline mode.
- All India Rank (AIR) will be assigned as per the marks obtained in the examination.
- On the basis of performance in IIT JAM 2019, for each test paper, separate merit list will be prepared for GEN/ OBC/ SC/ ST/ PWD candidates.
- Merit list will be based on the number of seats available in each subject and AIR of every candidate.
- Qualified candidates can download their scorecard from April 07 to July 31, 2019.
- The scorecard will contain AIR and marks obtained in the particular subject.
JAM 2019 Admission Procedure
- Candidates, those qualify the examination (whose names appear in the merit list), they will be eligible to appear in IIT JAM Counselling Procedure.
- Candidates have to fill the admission form available in the first week of April 2019 through online mode.
- On the basis of qualified test papers, candidates should apply for one or more academic courses.
- In the admission form, candidates have to fill a choice of courses in order of preference, educational qualifications, the percentage of marks/CGPA, category, PwD status, etc.
- Candidates have to pay INR 600 as an admission fee. The first admission list will be released in the fourth week of May 2019.
- Admission offers will be sent to candidates by their respective institutes.
- Acceptance form must be submitted and an advance seat booking fee of INR 10000 (General/OBC-NCL candidates) and INR 5000 (SC/ST/PWD) must be paid thereafter.
- Second admission list will be published on the website if seats remain vacant. After seat allotment, candidates have to visit the allotted college to complete admission. The fee paid will be adjusted with the institute fee after admission.
- IIT JAM 2019 Third and final admission list will be prepared if seats still remain vacant.
- Qualified candidates who are not allotted a seat in the 1st and 2nd admission round will remain on the waiting list.
- Anyone who does not accept the acceptance offer from the institute will be removed from the admission process.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College