Lady Amritbai Daga College was established in 1932. It is located in Nagpur, Maharashtra. It is a women’s college. Earlier the college was known as “College of Arts for Women”. The college has total seats of 3227. It has a campus of 26 acres. The college has an accredited ‘A’ grade by the NAAC. The university has its two campuses one is Shankar Nagar Campus and the other is Seminar Hill Campus. The university offers undergraduate and postgraduate degrees for the students.
Lady Amritbai Daga College Highlights
|Established | Type||1932 | Private|
|Affiliated to||Nagpur University|
|Campus area||26 acres|
|Popular Courses||B.Com/B.Sc Hons/B.A/M.Com|
LAD College Nagpur Courses offered
The college offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses to the students. Apart from these courses the college also offers courses of short term and also provides soft skill training programs to the student. List of the courses provided by the college are-
|B.A||Intermediate graduate in any discipline with English as one of the subjects|
|B.Sc||Intermediate graduate in science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Biology|
|BBA||Intermediate graduate in commerce stream with English as one of the subjects|
|M.A||Graduate in relevant discipline|
|M.Com||Graduate in commerce stream.|
|Master of Fashion Design||Graduate in relevant discipline|
Lady Amritbai Daga College Fee Structure
The college provides an ample number of courses. The fee structure of the course are given below in the table-
|M.A Political Science||INR 20,750||160|
LAD College Admission
Students can register through an online registration form from the official website of the university. Fill the necessary information and upload the documents required(transfer certificate, mark sheet, character certificate). Pay the application fee and submit the form. Additionally, the university has reserved 50% seats for the backward classes such as SC/ST/OBC. Students must take a print of registration form for the further admission process.
Following are the documents required at the time of admission:
- 2 attested photocopies of Mark sheet
- School/ College Leaving Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Passport Size Recent Photograph
- Migration Certificate
Click here Lady Amritbai Daga College Admission
Lady Amritbai Daga College Scholarship
Listed below are some of the scholarships provided by the college for the students.
- State Government Open Merit Scholarship: Students who have scored 60% and above are eligible for this scholarship.
- Government of India Scholarship for Students: Those students who belong to SC/ST/OBC. For SC/St income should be less than 2,50,000 per annum. For OBC/SBC/NT income should be less than 1,00,000 per annum.
- Post Graduation Indira Gandhi Scholarship For Single Girl Child: This scholarship is given by UGC. Those girl children who are the only child of parents are eligible for this scholarship.
- Maths & Physics Scholarship: The students securing more than 60% marks in Physics and Maths in HSC exam will be eligible for this scholarship.
Know more LAD College Nagpur Scholarship
Lady Amritbai Daga College Placement
The college has a dedicated training and placement cell to cater to the employment needs of the students.The cell organizes pre-placement activities like conferences, seminars, mock interview to boost the confidence of the students. The top companies like Godrej & Boyce,TCS, Concentrix, ICICI Prudential, Taj Hotel, Oberoi Hotel, Hyatt Hotel are some of the frequent recruiters at LAD College Nagpur.
Read more Lady Amritbai Daga College Placement
Lady Amritbai Daga College Facilities
Following are the facilities offered by the college to cater to the needs of the students and faculty members:
- Library: The college has two libraries. It is well air-conditioned and offers all facilities to cater to the academic needs of the students.
- Sports: The university has a big sports ground with ample number of sports including indoor and outdoor like Badminton, Table Tennis, Basketball, Volleyball, Kho-Kho, etc.
- Canteen: The well-maintained canteen with all types of snacks at a reasonable price are available.
- Hostel: There is a hostel facility for both the campus(Seminar Hill Campus and Shankar Nagar Campus). The SHC campus provides accommodation for 200 students and the SNC Campus provides accommodation for 51 students.
- Transport: Buses are also available for reaching the campus at a reasonable price.
Lady Amritbai Daga College FAQs
Ques. Is there a hostel accommodation?
Ans.Yes, the university has hostel accommodation on the campus.
Ques. Does the college provide a scholarship scheme?
Ans. Yes, the college has a scholarship for the EBC Students and also for the single girl child and for postgraduate students also.
Ques. Where I can get the application form?
Ans. The application form is available on the official (https://ladcollege.ac.in/) website of the university.
Ques. Is it necessary to bring the original documents?
Ans. Yes, the college takes only the original document otherwise it will reject the application form.