The KGiSL Institute of Technology was established in the year 2008. It was established by the KG Trust and sponsored by KG Information Systems Private Limited. Located in a 40-acre campus the college also has software-related operations and opportunities for students. The college is famous for its courses in Engineering and Technology. The niche of the course program is the technical and practical experience offered by the institute. Along with classroom teaching the college also offers Moodle and eLearning facilities to the students.
The college provides undergraduate and postgraduate courses for Civil, Computer Science, Electronics and Communication, Information technology, Mechanical branches of Engineering. It has also started providing courses in Science and Humanities. Admission to B.Tech is done on the basis of TNEA counseling whereas for M.Tech, a student must have a valid score in TANCET.
|Established | Institute Type||2008 | Private|
|Approved by||Government of Tamil Nadu, AICTE, Anna University|
|Courses Offered||B.E., B.Tech and M.E|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based and Management quota|
|Top Recruiters||Dell, Tech Mahindra, HCL, Cognizant and many others|
|Facilities Available||Learning Management System, good infrastructure, library, PE, hostel and transport|
The KGiSL Institute of Technology offers admissions for the following mentioned courses in Bachelors and Masters programs.
|B.E.||Civil Engineering||4 years||Intermediate graduate with PCM with 50% marks for general category, 45% for OBC category and 40% for SC, ST, SCA, MBC, DNC categories|
|Computer Science and Engineering|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|Artificial Intelligence and Data Sciences|
|M.E.||Applied Electronics||2 years||Graduation in B.Tech with a relevant stream with 50% marks for General & OBC and 45% marks for SC and ST.|
|Computer Science and Engineering|
B.Tech Lateral entry
The College also provides facilities for lateral entry directly to the second year of BE and B.Tech. programs.
- General candidates should have gained 55% in the Diploma exam conducted by the State Board of Technical education or in B.Sc. with Mathematics subjects.
- Backward class community candidates should have gained 50% in the Diploma exam conducted by the State Board of Technical education or in B.Sc.
- Most Backward class community candidates should have gained 45% in the Diploma exam conducted by the State Board of Technical education or in B.Sc.
- SC/SCA/ST candidates should have 40% aggregate marks in Diploma or B.Sc. courses.
KGSIL Institute of Technology offers admission to the courses on the basis of marks secure in the previous examination. One can visit the college campus to obtain the application form. Pay the requisite application fee and submit the form along with the required documents. Students are also required to appear in the entrance exams required for the courses. Listed below is a brief about the same:
- For B.Tech, the institute selects the students on the basis of TNEA counseling. Candidates must be a domiciled resident of Tamil Nadu.
- Admission to the M.E. will be done on the basis of TANCET scores. The seats will be allotted through the TANCET counseling process.
- Candidates having a valid GATE score are exempted from the TANCET exam.
The college has KGiSL - Soft Skills Academy that helps students prepare with the etiquette and requirements of a high level professional along with the technical skills gained through the degree and postgraduate education. There is a focus on verbal reasoning, logical reasoning. The training also helps students gain Cambridge Business English Certificates on Preliminary and Vantage proficiency levels.
In the year 2019, a total of 300 offers were received by the students of the KGISL Institute of Technology. The highest salary offered to students was INR 7 LPA whereas the average salary was INR 2.75 LPA. A total of 55 companies visited the institute for placement drive. Out of which 35 were IT Companies and other 20 were from Core and other sectors. Some of the top recruiters include Amazon, Nissan, Huwaei, HP, Skava, Wipro, Capgemini, Cognizant, TNQ, Accenture, Star Systems, Ford, and many others.
Read more KGISL Institute of Technology Placement
KGISL Institute of Technology offers scholarships to meritorious and deserving students. It provides the following scholarship on the basis of merit scored:
- 100% off on tuition fees for students securing 180 marks and above.
- It provides a 50% off on tuition fee for students with a cut off of 170 and above.
- Students securing 165 marks and above will be given 25% off in Tuition Fee
- 10% off in tuition fee for students securing 150 marks and above
Various other scholarships are provided on the basis of reserved categories, whether being the first graduate in the family. To apply for the same, students can fill the application form available online on the official website of the institute.
Click here KGISL Institute of Technology Scholarship
Following are the facilities offered by KGISL Institute of Technology to cater to the needs of the students:
- Hostel: The college has a hostel facility for boys and girls. Up to 4 students can stay in a room which is wide and spacious. The college has single and shared rooms available depending on the requirement of the students. The charges of the hostel include food as well.
- Library: The institute has more than 8000 text and reference books and 70 international and national journals. It is fully computerized and a separate reading hall is available.
- Transport: The institute provides transportation facilities for all the students enrolled. The students are driven home safely. A total of 15 bus routes are available.
Know more KGISL Institute of Technology Hostel
Ques. Where can I get the brochure for placement?
Ans. The brochure can be procured online by submitting your basic details. Basic details would include name, email address. One can download soft copies and get print outs of the same.
Ques. Is it possible to attend placements off the campus?
Ans. The placement rounds are conducted within the campus. On-site campus is the first mode of conducting placements for the students. But if one may not be able to attend on-site placement interviews, the college authorities may create possibilities within limits.
Ques. Would I get admission to this college under the OBC category for B.Tech in IT at rank 72501?
Ans. In the admissions conducted last year, students under OBC category, have got admission for B.Tech. in the 5th round at the cut off rank of 73068. Thus, depending on this cut off, there could be a possibility of getting the said admission.