Excel Engineering College was established in 2007 by Sri Rangaswamy Educational Trust. It has been graded ‘A+’ by NAAC. The college is affiliated with Anna University and approved by AICTE. Apart from B.E./ B.Tech, the institute also offers M.E. in 6 different disciplines and various Ph.D. programs. The admission process is merit-based, a valid score in the TNEA examination is the minimum requirement to take part in the counseling process. Last year, the cutoff rank for Biomedical Engineering went up to 6240.
Click here Excel Engineering College Cut off
Excel Engineering College Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2007 | Private|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Set by||Sri Rangaswamy Educational Trust (SRET)|
|Entrance Exam||TNEA/ TANCET/ GATE|
|Courses Offered||10 UG programs, 6 PG programs and various PhD programs.|
|Popular Courses||B.E. and M.E.|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based & Entrance Test|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Transport etc.|
Excel Engineering College Courses
The institute offers UG programs in 10 different disciplines and PG programs in 6 different specializations. Below are the details about the same.
|B.E.||Aeronautical Engineering||Passed 10+2 examination with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics put together.|
|Computer Science and Engineering|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|B.Tech||Information Technology||Passed 10+2 examination with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics put together.|
|M.E.||Aeronautical Engineering||Graduate in B.E./ B.Tech in the relevant discipline.|
|Computer Science and Engineering|
Excel Engineering College Admission
To take part in the admission process the candidate should fulfill the minimum eligibility standards set by the college and possess a valid score in the qualifying examination. The detailed admission process is explained below-
- In order to get admitted to the B.E./ B.Tech program the candidate should have passed the 10+2 examination with 45% average marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics put together. There is also a provision of lateral entry in 2nd year for students with a diploma or B.Sc degree. The candidate will have to score a minimum of 55% in their final and pre-final semester put together or in their final year to be eligible to take part in the admission process.
- The candidate will have to possess a B.E./ B.Tech or equivalent degree in the relevant field and a valid score in TANCET or GATE examination to be eligible to apply. The candidates will be given preference according to the marks obtained by them in the qualifying examination.
Know more Excel Engineering College Admission
Excel Engineering College Placements
The college has a dedicated placement cell that provides suitable training to the students and offers world-class placement offers. Students are also provided with career guidance. Last year, a total of 138 companies visited the campus for placement drive. Some of the top recruiters include BYJU’s, Infosys, Crypton, Just Dial, Surya Informatics Solutions, JBM Auto System, and many more.
A total of 385 students participated in the placement drive, out of which 194 got placed. However, 4 students were placed off-campus. Last year the Department of Computer Science and Engineering witnessed a rise of 23% in placements. The ECE department of the college had registered the highest percentage of placement (76%) among others.
Read more Excel Engineering College Placement
Excel Engineering College Facilities
The institute provides an ample amount of facilities to its students. Some of them have been mentioned below.
- Hostel: The college has hostel facilities for students, there are volleyball courts, table tennis courts, and an indoor gym inside the hostel at students’ disposal. There are also stationery shops and beauty salons inside the hostel.
- Library: The institute has a computerized library with a collection of 21749 books, 6283 titles, 81 international journals, and 105 national journals. Apart from that, it has digital resource facilities like IEEE, DELNET, ASME for the students and staff. The students also have access to different NPTEL courses.
- Transport: The college also provides the facility of transport to its day scholars and staff. The college buses ply over more than a radius of 50km from the college campus, the boarders need to pay a nominal fee depending on their boarding station.
- Sports: The college provides facilities for different sports like Football, Cricket, Volleyball, Tennis, BasketBall, Shuttle Badminton Courts, Indoor games, 400 meters Athletics Track with all modern equipment and infrastructure.
Click here Excel Engineering College Hostel
Excel Engineering College FAQs
Ques. What is the nearest international airport to the college?
Ans. Coimbatore and Trichy airports are the nearest international airports from Excel Engineering College, Namakkal.
Ques. Does the college have adequate infrastructure for Research and Development?
Ans. Yes, the college has a dedicated Research and Development cell for work related to enhancing research and developmental activities.
Ques. Can students from other states also apply to this college?
Ans. Yes, a student from other states can apply for admission in this college given that the candidate fulfills the minimum eligibility criteria.