Government Medical College situated in Banda was established in 2016 by the Uttar Pradesh Government to cater to the needs of medical aspirants. The state medical college is affiliated to King George's Medical University (KGMU), Lucknow and has got accredited by NAAC. The medical college is well-equipped with the latest scientific tools and offers a full-time MBBS course at UG level under the medical stream. The MBBS course admission is done based on the score/ cutoff secured in the NEET exam and seal allocation done by the state administered counselling processes.
GMC Banda Highlights
|Approved by||Medical Council of India|
|Affiliation||King George's Medical University, Lucknow|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance-based (NEET-UG)|
GMC Banda Courses
The institute only offers a MBBS course under the medical stream. The following are the details of the course mentioned:
|MBBS||41/2 years||Must have passed 10+2 with 50% marks from a recognized Board.|
Read More GMC Banda Courses and Fees
GMC Banda Admission
Candidates must be 17 years of age while initiating the admission process. Candidates must have passed 10+2 with English, with English, Physics, Chemistry & Biology, securing 50% of marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology subjects.
The application process is to be initiated online through the official site for NEET-UG, administered by the National Testing Agency.
- Candidates seeking admission in the MBBS programme must be appearing for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET)-UG.
- Visit the official website of NEET.
- NEET-UG application form is available in online mode.
- Register yourself for the NEET-UG by filing the online application form.
- Pay the fee through debit card/credit card or other online banking modes available.
- The application fee of INR 1500 for the general category and Rs. 800 for SC/ST/PwD/Transgender is to be paid.
Note: Aadhar Card is a mandatory document to fill the application form.
Read More GMC Banda Admission
GMC Banda Scholarship
As it is a government college, Scholarship to students and other facilities are provided by the state government. Alongside, the institution also offers scholarships.
Students may apply for the scholarship at the beginning of each academic year. Students may get a scholarship based on the different categories:
- Merit obtained by the student in the entrance exam.
- Merit cum means scholarship awarded by the college.
- Merit and state scholarships awarded to brilliant students by the central or state government.
- Students belonging to weaker sections of the society may get the concession in fee.
Read More GMC Banda Scholarships
GMC Banda Facilities
The facilities that are being offered by the Government Medical College Banda are listed below.
- Hostel- The college has good hostel facilities for both boys and girls with modern infrastructure and amenities.
- Library- The institution has a library to cater to the knowledge needs of the students and faculty with a good reading room and thousands of books.
- Medical- The medical college has a well-equipped health centre with a first aid facility for the students and staff.
- Cafeteria- It has a cafeteria where students can chill and binge on eating the hot served snacks.
Read More GMC Banda Hostel
GMC Banda FAQs
Ques. How are the faculties at this GMC Banda?
Ans. The faculty members of the institution belong to a very sound background in different branches of Medicine. They have been brought from all over the country for teaching and providing research and technical guidance. The faculty here are well-trained and equipped with modern teaching methods.
Ques. What are the student support services available at GMC Banda?
Ans. The college provides different support services to students concerning their needs like Counselling services, healthcare services, Anti-ragging, technical issues, and queries, etc.
Ques. How many times a student can appear for the NEET Entrance Exam towards the admission at GMC Banda?
Ans. According to the NTA, there is a restriction of 3 on the number of attempts to be made by a candidate.
Ques. What are the highlights of the NEET exam towards the admission at GMC Banda?
Ans. The NEET exam format is as follows:
- A total of 180 objective type questions are asked in the exam.
- For each right answer, four marks are awarded.
- For each wrong answer, one mark is deducted.
- The time duration for the exam is 3 hours.
- The compulsory subjects that need to be prepared are Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Zoology, Botany).
Ques. Is there any scholarship offered to the GMC Banda?
Ans. Yes, the scholarships are being offered under 4 categories via private and governmental means.