King’s George Medical University is one of the renowned Medical Institutes in Northern India. The university is located in the heart city of the Uttar Pradesh state – Lucknow. The university was established in the year 1911 and recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC) & Medical Council of India (MCI). Prof DK Gupta is the current principal of the university.
King George Medical University Highlights
100,000 square meters
How to Reach
4.5 km from railway station
King George Medical University Courses and Admission
King George Medical University Undergraduate Admission
King George Medical University offers a variety of programmes every year viz. UG programme Admission of eligible candidates to all the university courses is done on the basis of NEET
exam i.e. taken up by the students nationwide. At least 50% marks in 10+2 in chemistry, biology, physics, and English. The duration of the course is for 3-4 years
King George Medical University Postgraduate Admission
In the case of PG courses such as M. CH, M.DS. and M.S admissions, the candidate must possess the graduate degree from a recognized university in India. Selection of candidates will be done on the basis of their performance in the CAT entrance exam conducted by the university.
King George Medical University M.Sc Admission
The university offers the M.Sc program where Candidates should have minimum 50% (45% for SC/ST) in B.Sc (any discipline of life science) from a recognized university.
King George Medical University Ph.D. Admission
Candidates who have completed their postgraduation in a relevant discipline or an equivalent qualification with a minimum aggregate of 60% or equivalent CGPA of any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India. They can pursue M.D + Ph. D by giving an entrance exam, followed by an interview with the university.
To know more about King George Medical University Admission Process
King George Medical University Ranking
Body / Magazine
King George Medical University Scholarship
A scholarship is granted to those children, whose family income is less than 2 lakh per annum as per the central/U.P Govt. rules from time to time.
King George Medical University Facilities
- Library: The library is the hub of academic student life on campus. King George Medical University houses a spacious library, stocked with more than 35075 books, 2690 book banks and thousands of CDs, journals and reports. The KGMU library consists of a Central Library & separate Department Libraries to help students and faculties alike have easy access to the course and reference materials through a membership card.
- Hostel Facilities: The University provides separate accommodation for both boys and girls. Currently, there is 12 hostel block that accommodates more than 1000 students. All hostels comprise of the main office, security room, and a guest house.
- Medical Aid: on the campus, there is a student’s Health Care Centre. With a full-time Medical Superintendent and a team of qualified, efficient doctors who are always present in the healthcare center.
- Cafeteria: King George Medical University has one canteen with over 200 students seating capacity, with a very chill environment, where tea/coffee and various snacks options are available. On the other hand, canteen serves both veg and non-veg meals to their students/staff members.
- Computer Labs: King George Medical University recognizes the key role that IT plays in teaching as well as research. Therefore, IT is committed to providing computing facilities of the highest standards. A high-speed optical fiber network of 12 Mbps with wireless redundancy allows all students to access a range of services across our entire campus including all computer labs and student hostels.
- Sexual Harassment Complaint Cell: In the college premises itself, there is a gender sexual harassment cell, where students can complain about any mishappening or any other related problems.