Mahakal Institute of Technology and Management affiliated to the Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishvavidhyalaya offering Graduate and Postgraduate courses in various specializations. MITM, Ujjain offers B.E Degree in 6 specializations at the undergraduate level. The minimum eligibility for the program is 10+2 examination from a recognized board and the selection of the candidates for B.E program is done on the basis of rank in JEE Main or MP PET conducted by Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB). MITM Ujjain offers an M.E degree in Civil Engineering. The minimum requirement for the program is B.E / B. Tech degree in the relevant field from a recognized board. The selection of the candidates for M.E program is done on the basis of rank obtained in GATE.
|Established | Type||2007 | Private|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya (RGPV)|
|Courses offered||BE and ME|
|Selection Criteria||Entrance based on JEE Main / MP PET ME /GATE|
The college offers courses at the undergraduate as well as postgraduate level. The details of the courses offered at Mahakal Institute of Technology and Management are given below:
|Course||Specialization||Minimum Eligibility||Selection Criteria|
|BE||Civil Engineering||10+2 (Physics, Chemistry & Maths) with min 50% marks||Merit-based on JEE Main / MP PET ME scores|
|Computer Science and Engineering|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|Information Technology Engineering|
|ME||Civil Engineering||B.E / B. Tech degree with min 50% marks||Merit-based on rank obtained in GATE|
|MBA||-||The candidate should have passed graduation||Merit-based on graduation marks|
The admission process at MITM is done in an offline mode. The candidates can apply to the various courses offered by MITM, Ujjain by following the steps as mentioned below:
- The basic eligibility for the BE course is 10+2 (with Physics, Chemistry, and Maths) with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
- The eligibility for the ME course is a B.E / B.Tech degree with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Eligible candidates have to acquire the application form from the admissions office at the college.
- Candidates have to fill in the necessary personal and academic details.
- The application form has to be submitted at the office along with the required processing fee.
- The application fee may be paid through a Demand Draft in the favor of Mahakal Group of Institutes, payable at Ujjain (M.P).
The placements at Mahakal Institute of Technology and Management are very robust and a cakewalk for outperforming students. Deserving students get placed in some of the best companies in the country with handsome packages. Some of the companies visiting the campus are TCS, Wipro, Byjus, Oracle, Maruti, Honda, HCL, IBM, Verizon, Tech Mahindra, Ranbaxy, Jaro Educations, Cipla, Infosys, etc.
Some placement figures from the recent batch recruited are given below:
- Average package: INR 3 - 4 LPA
- Highest Package: INR 12 LPA
The facilities available at Mahakal Institute of Technology and Management are mentioned below:
- Boys Hostel: The College has both a single and double bedroom accommodation for boys. The hostel is within the premises, with a capacity of more than 250 students. The rooms are well furnished with all the comforts.
- Girls Hostel: The Girl’s hostel facility is available on request. However, this is available outside the campus. The rooms are maintained with high hygiene and the rooms are environment-friendly. The rooms are furnished and available on a double sharing basis. The hostels are well equipped with a mess for nutritious & hygienic food.
- Library: The college library has more than 30,000 books relevant to various fields of engineering from reputed publications. There is also a fully computerized system with barcode facilities with International Standards for the usage of the students. The library also has a subscription to a wide range of more than 50 National & International journals and 25 Magazines.
- Wifi: The college has a Wi-Fi connectivity across the campus and hostels for the students and staff.
- Cafeteria: The college offers food and snacks to students as well as the staff at very reasonable rates. It is well equipped to cater to vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian preferences separately. The mess is open on all days.
- Medical: The Campus has an in house dispensary with a doctor and medicines for first aid and other minor illnesses.
- Sports: The college encourages the participation of its students into various sports such as football, Kho-Kho, cricket, volleyball, throw-ball, Kabaddi, BasketBall, etc. It also emphasizes a lot on various indoor games such as Badminton, Chess, table tennis, etc.
- Auditorium: The college has a big auditorium with high-end audio-video equipment. It has the capacity to accommodate 500 students at any time. The auditorium is useful for hosting various events, seminars as well as guest lectures by experts.
- Laboratories: The college has departmental laboratories available to aid the learning process of the students.
- Transport Facility: The college offers a good transportation facility to its students. There are more than 55 buses that cover the city Ujjain and Dewas. Also, a shuttle service bus has been provided for the girls’ hostel students to travel from their hostels to college and back, free of cost.
- Alumni Associations: The college has a strong network with its alumni who constantly give back to the college.
- Banks and ATMs: There is a branch of State Bank of India within the campus. There is also an ATM facility.
Mahakal Institute of Technology and Management offers scholarships to students on the below-mentioned categories:
- Category 1: Merit-based: Here, the outperforming and extraordinary students in academics are offered scholarships to encourage performance.
- Category 2: Economically Weaker Section: Here the students from economically weaker sections are offered scholarships to support them financially. The dispersal of these scholarships is upon the discretion of the management.
Ques. What are the documents required at the time of admissions?
Ans. Mentioned below is the list of documents to be attached with the application form at the time of admissions:
- Copy of class 10th Certificate and mark sheet
- Copy of 12th certificate and mark sheet
- Copy of Transfer Certificate
- Copy of Migration Certificate (for Students who aren’t native to M.P)
- Copy of a valid proof of permanent residence
- Photo Identity Card (Aadhar Card)
- Passport Size photos
Ques. How are the placements at Mahakal Institute of Technology and Management?
Ans. The placements at Mahakal Institute of Technology and Management are good. Students who perform well academically get placed in very good companies. The average package at Mahakal Institute of Technology and Management is INR 3-4 LPA and the highest package offered to the students was INR 12 LPA.
Ques. Who are the major recruiters at Mahakal Institute of Technology and Management?
Ans. The major recruiters at Mahakal Institute of Technology and Management are Cadila, Cipla, CTS, Byjus, Grasim, HCL, IBM, Infosys, Kanbay International, Maral Overseas, NEC, Ranbaxy, Satyam Computers, US Technologies, etc.
Ques. Is there a hostel facility available at the Mahakal Institute of Technology and Management?
Ans. Yes, the hostel facility is available at the Mahakal Institute of Technology and Management. The Boys hostel is situated on campus whereas the girls’ hostel is offered on request outside the campus. A shuttle service back and forth is available from the girls’ hostel to the college and back.
Ques. How can I get admissions at the Mahakal Institute of Technology and Management?
Ans. Admissions at the Mahakal Institute of Technology and Management happens offline. Candidates have to get the application forms from the college admissions office. They have to submit filled-in forms at the office. Admissions are offered on the basis merit of entrance tests.