Shri Jaysukhlal Vadhar Institute of Management Studies (JVIMS), Jamnagar, Gujarat, was set up in 2000 and also approved by the All India Institute of Technical Education and affiliated to the Gujarat Technical University, Ahmadabad.
The major recruiters at Shri Jaysukhlal Vadhar Institute of Management Studies are TATA, Bajaj Capital, Bajaj Allianz, United Colors of Benetton, Prudent, Reliance, Bank of India, IDFC Bank, Axis Bank, ICICI bank, Info ways Media, Just dial, Airtel, Mahindra, Pepsi, Naukri.com, Techno Info, Tech desire, BinaryBits, Astron, Bisag, Zaptech Solutions, Cimcon Solutions, Udacity, etc. The annual package ranges from an average of 1.8 lakh per annum to 4.32 lakh per annum.
The Institute also provides a fee waiver to eight Freeship card holders every year. Freeship is a fee waiver facility to remit partial or complete fees. It is offered to the economically weaker students of the institution.
The college offers three varied courses, namely, Master in Business Administration, Master in Computer Application, and Integrated MBA (I-MBA).
The standard admission procedure to secure admission is through the Common Management Admission Test (CMAT), conducted by the AICTE.
JVIMS, Gujarat: Highlights
|Owned by||Oshwal Education Trust|
|Affiliation||All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE))|
|Campus size||10 Acres|
|Mode of application||Offline|
|Courses offered||3 courses|
|Popular courses||MBA, MCA, and I-MBA|
|Top Recruiters||TATA, Bajaj Capital, Reliance, IDFC, Axis, ICICI, Just dial, Airtel, Mahindra, Techno Info, Tech desire, BinaryBits, Astron, etc.|
|Facilities||Hostel, Canteen, Gymnasium, Library, Computer Lab, Indoor Sports Complex, Games Court, Auditorium, Seminar Halls, etc.|
JVIMS, Gujarat: Courses Offered
Courses offered by Shri Jaysukhlal Vadhar Institute of Management Studies are:
|MBA||Specializations: Marketing, Finance, and HRM
Eligibility: Completed graduation in the relevant stream
Duration: 2 years
|MCA||Eligibility: Completed graduation in the relevant stream
Duration: 3 years
|I-MBA||Eligibility: Passed intermediate (10+2) with aggregate 45% marks
Duration: 3 years
Read More: JVIMS Courses & Fees
JVIMS, Gujarat: Admission
To secure admission into the MBA program, candidates must appear for the Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) conducted by the AICTE. The approved intake of students is 120.
To secure admission into the MCA program, the candidate must appear for the Gujarat Common Entrance Test (CMET) conducted by the state government. The approved intake of students is 60.
- III. I-MBA
To secure admission into the I-MBA program, candidates must have passed intermediate (10+2) with aggregate 45% marks from a recognized board. For reserved category candidates, the eligibility criteria are aggregate 40% marks.
JVIMS, Gujarat: Facilities
Shri Jaysukhlal Vadhar Institute of Management Studies (JVIMS) provides various facilities to its students, these include:
- Hostel: With both single and shared accommodations, JVIMS provides separate hostel facilities for girls and boys. The hostels are equipped with all the modern amenities, clean and furnished rooms, security, power and water supply, Wi-Fi connection, etc.
- Cafeteria: They have a clean and hygienic cafeteria, which provides quality food at nominal rates. They serve Gujarati, North Indian, South Indian, and Chinese cuisines. The kitchen is furnished with water purifiers and water coolers.
- Recreation center: JVIMS has a recreation center to energize students and faculty, where they can involve themselves in several indoor activities, gymnasium or fitness center.
- Sports Center: JVIMS has developed a sports center on the campus to strengthen physical growth and sportsman spirit among students. The college has different courts for basketball, volleyball, Tennis, and Cricket.
- Libraries: JVIMS has a well-established library with over 16,000 reference books, general books, journals, and periodicals from national and international publications, magazines, and newspapers available for both students and faculty. Audiovisual cassettes, CDs, and DVDs are available, too.
- Computer Labs: JVIMS has a fully networked computer lab, equipped with next-generation computers, multimedia facilities, Wi-Fi connection, Intel Core 2 Duo processors, and software, which include industry-standard application packages & other windows software.
JVIMS, Gujarat: Faculty
JVIMS has a team of meticulous faculty members, who have great expertise in their respective fields. The faculty members strive hard to accomplish the Institute's vision of encouraging curiosity and creativity among the students.
Ques. What is the extent of student involvement in academic affairs at JVIMS?
Ans. Their extent of student involvement is huge. Faculties take regular feedback from students regarding academic affairs. New programs and activities, improvisation, and amendments are made on consulting the class representatives or a group of students.
Ques. What is the scope of campus placement at JVIMS?
Ans. Depending upon the student’s caliber and potential, JVIMS strives to provide 100 percent campus placement to its students. They have various national and international MNCs as their top recruiters. Over 1300 + students have secured campus placement in 17 years.
Ques. What is the exam structure of JVIMS?
Ans. The exam structure is similar to that of the Gujarat Technical University. Two exams are conducted every semester, mid-term and end term examinations. Besides this, the university also conducts regular class tests.
Ques. Does JVIMS give importance to co-curricular activities?
Ans. Yes, the college gives equal importance to co-curricular activities as compared to the curriculum. It promotes and encourages a wide range of recreational activities such as dance, music, drama, sports, etc. among its students.
Ques. Does JVIMS conduct seminars and workshops?
Ans. Yes, the institute conducts a wide range of seminars and workshops for the holistic development of the students. Some of these workshops include Retailing – Problems and Prospects, Rural Marketing – Emergence, Issues and trends, Marketing of Tourism & Hospital Services, SMS Marketing, Marketing of Life Insurance in, etc.