National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER) is the first national-level institute in pharmaceutical sciences. The institute offers M.S. (Pharm) program in four disciplines i.e. Department of Pharmaceutics, Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Department of Pharmacology & Toxicology, and Regulatory Toxicology, and a Ph.D. program in three disciplines i.e. Department of Pharmaceutics, Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Department of Pharmacology. Admission to the college is entrance-based through NIPER JEE.
NIPER Raebareli Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2007 | Public (Autonomous)|
|Approved by||Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers|
|Set by||Government of India|
|Courses||M.S. and Ph.D.|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based & Entrance Test|
|Entrance Exam||NIPER JEE|
|Top Recruiters||Lupin, Piramal, NecLife, Patanjali, Novo Nordisk, Hetero|
|Campus Area||5 Acres|
|NIPER Raebareli Director||
Dr. S. J. S. Flora
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Sports|
NIPER Raebareli Courses
|Courses||Specialization||Number of Seats||Eligibility|
|Medicinal Chemistry||20||B. Pharm. Or M.Sc. (Organic Chemistry)|
|Pharmacology & Toxicology||15||B. Pharm or B.V.Sc. or M.B.B.S.|
|Regulatory Toxicology||10||B. Pharm.; B.V.Sc. or M.Sc. (Pharmacology/ Toxicology /Life Sciences /Biochemistry /Medical Biotechnology /Zoology); M.B.B.S.|
|Medicinal Chemistry||02||M.S. (Pharm.) (Medicinal Chemistry/Natural Products); M. Pharm. (Pharmaceutical Chemistry); M.Tech. (Pharm.) (Bulk Drugs/Process Chemistry); M.Sc. (Organic Chemistry)|
|02||M.S. (Pharm) M.Pharm. (Pharmaceutics/ Formulations); M.Tech. (Pharm.) (Biotechnology); M.Tech. (Biomedical Engineering/ Biotechnology/ Chemical Engineering).|
Pharmacology & Toxicology
|M.S. (Pharm.)/ M.Pharm./ M.Tech. (Pharm.) (Medicinal Chemistry/ Pharmaceutical Chemistry. Natural Products/ Pharmacology & Toxicology/ Regulatory Toxicology/ Formulation/ Biotechnology/ Pharmaceutics/ Pharmacoinformatic); M.V. Sc. (Pharmacology/ Pathology/ Biotechnology), MCA.|
Read More: NIPER Raebareli Fees
NIPER Raebareli Admissions
Admissions at National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER) is purely based on merits obtained by the students in the last qualifying exam. A candidate has to appear for NIPER Joint Entrance Examination organized by NIPER in order to qualify for admission. Students are required to obtain a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying exam to become eligible for admission.
How to Apply?
Students who wish to apply for admission in National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research may follow the below steps:
- Visit the official website of the institute and have a look at important dates and guidelines.
- The most important step to secure admission in NIPER is to register for NIPER – JEE examination. It is mandatory for all the candidates to register for this test.
- After registering for NIPER-JEE candidates are required to log in on the Candidate Portal (using the credentials shared over email after JEE registration) and complete their application form with all the necessary details and documents.
- After the examination and announcement of results, Candidates must present themselves in person for counseling/ Group Discussion and interview on scheduled date and time.
- Admission is confirmed only after the full payment of fees.
Read More: NIPER Raebareli Admissions
NIPER Raebareli Placements
NIPER Raebareli facilitates the student's placements through Placement Cell. It also acts as the interface between various companies seeking talented postgraduates in various disciplines. Major pharmaceutical companies are encouraged to visit the campus for the placement process which includes the pre-placement talk and the interviews. A common placement brochure for all branches is published, highlighting core competencies and achievements of students to facilitate placement.
The students of NIPER-R have been recruited in several leading pharmaceutical companies. The prime campus recruiters of NIPER-R students are several prominent pharmaceutical companies such as:
- Piramal Healthcare
- Oxygen Healthcare
- Almelo Pharma
- Jubilant Chemsys
- APCER Life Science and NECTAR Lifesciences
- Novo Nordisk
- NEC Life
- Curadev Pharma Pvt. Ltd.
NIPER Raebareli Facilities
- Hostel: The students are provided accommodation facilities at NIPER hostel located at NIPER campus. NIPER provides accommodation for all students. Rooms are separate for girls and boys. The hostel has large, well-ventilated, and fully furnished rooms. Each occupant is provided with bedding, a study table, a chair, and an almirah. Water purifiers and refrigerators are also available on a sharing basis.
- Mess: The institute has its own mess which is managed and run by the students themselves on campus. Good and hygienic meals are provided in the mess.
- Gym: For students to stay fit and healthy, the campus is equipped with a gym and fitness center facilities. For Second-year students, the gym facility is available at CSIR-CDRI campus in NIPER Hostel. All gyms are open, both in the morning and evening hours.
- Research Labs: The institute provides the facilities of Research Laboratories, having sophisticated major/minor instruments to fulfill individual departmental needs based on the research programs for MS. The instruments used are best in class and helps to execute a project perfectly. Some of the state-of-the-art instruments are HPLC, UV-Visible Spectrophotometer, Stability Chamber, Eight Station Dissolution Apparatus, Sonicator, Homogenizer, etc.
- Library: The library at NIPER Raebareli is being developed as the state-of-the-art National library and Information center in Pharmaceutical Sciences. The Library provides an Institutional Repository (DSpace) which distributes the scholarly output and other publications of NIPER including Dissertations and Thesis and Research Papers.
NIPER Raebareli FAQs
Ques. Do I need to appear for any competitive examination for admission into the National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Raebareli?
Ans. Yes, all candidates need to appear for the NIPER – JEE Examination conducted by NIPER, Mohali.
Ques. Does the college have a placement cell?
Ans. The college has a placement cell. However, placement assistance is provided to eligible students.
Ques. Where is the college located?
Ans. The college is located in Sarojini Nagar, Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh). It is spread over an area of 5 acres.
Ques. How is the faculty of the college?
Ans. The faculty of the college is highly qualified in their relevant fields. There are a total of 8 faculty members currently working at NIPER Raebareli amongst which there are 5 assistant professors and two associate professors.
Read More: NIPER Raebareli Faculty
Ques. Does the college provide scholarships to students?
Ans. There is a system of fee-waiver for poor but meritorious students. Students desirous of availing of this opportunity must apply to the college authority after the publication of the relevant notice. Financial assistance is extended to the deserving students in respect of examination fees.