Maharani Kasiswari College was established in 1964, the college is located in Kolkata. It is a girls’ college which is affiliated with the University of Calcutta. The college offers B.A., B.Sc, and B.Com degrees with both Honours and General courses. The college is also accredited by the NAAC. The institute also offers some basic certification programs like Computer literacy & training program, Communicative English program and Computer certification course.
Maharani Kasiswari College Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1964 | Public|
|Approved by||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Set by||Maharaja Sris Chandra|
|Courses Offered||3 UG courses with various specializations and 3 certification courses.|
|Popular Courses||B.A., B.Sc, B.Com.|
|Facilities Available||Library, Gym, Laboratory, Sports|
Maharani Kasiswari College Courses
The college offers B.A., B.Sc, and B.Com degrees with both General and Honours Courses, the students pursuing honor courses can choose a specialization from a pool of 15 specializations. More details about the course offered are tabulated below.
|B.A. (Honours)||Bengali||Passed 10+2 examination from a recognized university with relevant subjects.|
|Travel & Tourism (Major)|
|Library information & studies|
|B.Sc (Honours)||Food & Nutrition||Passed 10+2 examination from a recognized university with relevant subjects.|
|B.Com (Honors)||-||Passed 10+2 examination from a recognized university with relevant subjects.|
|Travel & Tourism (Major)|
|B.A. (General)||Combination of choice||Passed 10+2 examination from a recognized university with relevant subjects.|
|B.Sc (General)||Combination of choice|
|B.Com (General)||Combination of choice|
Maharani Kasiswari College Admission
The admission process is merit-based and online. Candidates should fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria to take part in the admission process. We have discussed the whole process in detail below.
- Candidates should visit the online admission portal on the college website.
- They should fill the application form and submit the same along with the prescribed admission fee.
- Separate application forms must be submitted for each subject.
- The merit list will be prepared based on the marks scored by the candidate in the 10+2 examination.
- However, any candidate’s name in the merit list does not guarantee the admission. Admissions will stand closed once the total number of seats available in the college/subject is filled up.
- Physical verification of the original documents of admitted candidates will be done at the beginning of the session.
Maharani Kasiswari College Placement
The college has a dedicated placement cell that looks after the career development and placement needs of the students. It conducts seminars, workshops, mock interviews, conferences to boost the confidence of students and make them industry-ready. Some professional organizations that conduct pre-placement activities are ICS, NIIT, Aptec, Global Business School. Apart from this, students can also find study material for competitive exams for government jobs.
Read more Maharani Kasiswari College Placement
Maharani Kasiswari College Scholarship
Apart from many government schemes, the college also has various scholarship programs for needy meritorious students. The students will have to fill up the concession form and submit the same to the college authority. Based on their merit and socio-economic background students will be awarded a concession in their course fees.
Click here Maharani Kasiswari College Scholarship
Maharani Kasiswari College Facilities
The college provides many facilities to the students so that they can enhance their skill set and also make use of the leisure time. Some of the opportunities provided are mentioned below.
- Library: The library has more than 27000 volumes and subscribes more than 15 journals and periodicals to cater to various academic needs of the students. The library also subscribes to the NLIST program through which users can have access to more than 5000 reputed journals and e-books and it also provides DELNET services for inter-library loans.
- Laboratories: The college provides well-equipped laboratories for Computer Science & IT, Food & Nutrition, Geography, and Psychology courses.
- Yoga & Gym: The college conducts Yoga classes on a regular basis to foster a sense of physical and mental pride and joy in maintaining a healthy mind in a healthy body. The institute also offers its in-house gymnasium to the students and staff. A major revamping of the facility is underway. It will provide a multipurpose athletic facility for the students.
- Sports: College encourages its students to participate in several state-level competitions, inter-college and inter- University Tournaments and National Games. Every year the annual outdoor sports of the college are held successfully with the eager participation of students, teachers, and non-teaching staff of the college.
Maharani Kasiswari College FAQs
Ques. Does the college provide a Hostel facility?
Ans. Yes, it provides a hostel facility but currently, it is unavailable as the renovation of the building is going on.
Ques. Is this college recognized by the UGC?
Ans. Yes, it is recognized by the UGC.
Ques. Does the college provide a transport facility to the students?
Ans. No, it doesn’t provide transport facilities to the students.
Ques. Does the college provide stipends?
Ans. Yes, a number of part-free studentships are granted to meritorious and deserving students. The continuance will be dependent on various factors like attendance, fee payments, performance in academics.