Pillai College of Arts, Commerce, and Science (PCACS), Navi Mumbai was established in the year1998 by the Mahatma Education Society. It is affiliated to the University of Mumbai. PCACS offers B. Com, B. Sc., B.M.S., B.M.M., and B.Sc. at the undergraduate level. M. Com and M. Sc. at the post-graduate level. The admissions are done offline and based on merit in the previous level of academic qualification.
PCACS Navi Mumbai Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1998 | Private|
|Campus Area||10 Acres|
|Affiliation||University of Mumbai|
|Accreditation||Grade A by NAAC|
|Courses||UG & PG|
PCACS Navi Mumbai Courses
Following are the courses offered by the institute under various specializations and levels:
|B.Com||-||10+2 with Science/ Arts / Commerce|
|B. Com||Accounting & Finance, Financial Markets||10+2 with Commerce|
|B. Sc.||Computer Science||10+2 in Science stream with Mathematics|
|Information Technology||10+2 Science / Commerce stream with Mathematics|
|Biotechnology||10+2 in Science stream with Mathematics and Biology|
|B.M.S||-||10+2 with Science/ Arts /Commerce|
|M. Com||Accountancy||B.Com. / B.Com. B&I / B.Com. A&F/ B.Com. F.M. / B.M.S.|
|M. Sc.||Biotechnology||B. Sc. Biotechnology|
|M. Sc.||Information Technology||B. Sc. Information Technology|
PCACS Navi Mumbai Admissions
The admission to the undergraduate and post-graduate courses at PCACS is on the basis of merit obtained by the candidates in their last qualifying examination. Candidates need to have scored a minimum of 45 % of aggregate marks to get admission to the desired course.
The admission procedure is conducted offline. A merit list will be released by the college after the application forms are submitted
- Collect the application form from the office of the college
- Fill in the details required in the form
- Submit the same to the office with all the documents
- After the release of the merit list, candidates need to get the filled form of admission and documents verified from the office
- Take the signature of Principal in the admission form
- Submit the form along with the fees to the cashier of the college office
- Take a receipt in order to confirm admission
PCACS Navi Mumbai Placements
The Placement Cell at PCACS provides training, counseling, and guidance to enhance the employability of its students. Companies are invited to campus placements for the students. More than 20 companies participate in the placement drive every year.
Some of the recruiters are Infosys, Capgemini, ICICI Bank, CAMPS, L&T Infotech TCS, Wipro, Tech Mahindra, and many more. Almost 80-85% of the eligible students were placed every year
PCACS Navi Mumbai Facilities
All basic necessities are available inside the campus of PCACS for a great learning experience. Some of them are listed below:
- Hostel: A girls’ hostel is there with a capacity for 300 students and also there is a boys’ hostel with a capacity for 380 students.
- Library: The College has a library with a wide collection of books and remains open from 07:45 am to 6:00 pm from Monday to Friday.
- Laboratories: There are Tissue Culture Lab, Computer Lab, Bio Lab with all modern facilities for a better practical learning
- Sports: There is a Football ground for football lovers. Also Gym, Indoor Games, Shooting Range, etc. are available for the physical activities of students.
- Other facilities: Cafeteria, Auditorium, Audio-Visual Classrooms, and Workshops.
PCACS Navi Mumbai FAQs
Ques: How to apply for admissions?
Ans: Students need to get the admission form the College Office and submit it after filling all the details and attaching the required documents. The list of selected students is released, which is based on their merit.
The selected students need to submit the admission form signed by the Principal, along with the documents and the required fees, to the Cashier in the College Office.
Ques: What are the attendance rules at PCACS?
Ans: Students need to appear in 75% of the lectures/practical/tutorials in order to be able to appear in the internal tests, practical, and semester examinations. Students with less than 50% of admissions are considered critical cases.
Ques: Are there accommodation facilities available?
Ans: Yes, the college offers hostel to its students. There is a boys’ hostel with a capacity for 380 students and a girls’ hostel for 300 students. Students can opt for single rooms with AC.