Established in 1960, Panchayat College has a NAAC accreditation of B+, valid till April 2021 and a CGPA of 2.58. The college is headed by Dr. Kamal Prabha Kapani as the principal of the college. The college offers education in Arts, Science, Commerce and Education degrees. It is affiliated to Sambalpur University. The college has been giving good quality education to the students. It also ensures an all-rounder development of the pupil and providing soft skill development opportunities. Admission to the college is done on the basis of marks secured in the previous qualifying examination.
Panchayat College Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1960 | Government Aided|
|Approved by||Sambalpur University|
|Courses Offered||6 courses across 4 streams|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
|Top recruiters||Infosys, Capgemini, CGI, L&T Infotech|
|Campus area||50 acres|
|Facilities available||Hostel, Library, laboratories, SAMS lab|
Panchayat College Courses
The Panchayat college offers courses as full-time on-campus courses. The subjects with eligibility are tabulated below:
|B.A.||Economics||Intermediate graduate with Arts stream from a recognized board|
|B.Com.||Commerce||Intermediate graduate with Commerce stream|
|B.Ed.||Education||Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university|
|B.Sc.||Chemistry||Intermediate graduate in Science stream from a recognized board|
Read more Panchayat College Fees
Panchayat College Admission
Students can apply for admissions on the basis of 12th standard marks. Admissions are done through an online selection procedure. Visit the official website of the college and register yourself. After the registration process, pay the admission fee through either Netbanking, Debit/Credit Card. Submit the application form.
The following are the documents that need to be attached with the application form.
- 10th standard marksheet and certificate
- 12th standard mark sheet and certificate
- Panchayat College entrance examination scorecard (if applicable)
- Birth certificate or Passport as proof of Indian nationality
- Passport size photograph
- Migration certificate (if applicable)
The college releases a merit list and offers admission on the basis of rank scored in the previous qualifying examination. The students are informed by SMS and e-mail regarding the admission seats.
Panchayat College Placement
The college does not provide internship opportunities. The college faculty provides advice to meritorious students when it comes to placement. Campus interviews are yet to be augmented at the college. Students who have excelled in their studies and fared well in Theory and Practical exams would be favored by the job providing companies.
Panchayat College Scholarship
The college provides scholarships for SC, ST and OBC candidates. The scholarship is called Prerana or e-Medhabruti. There are other scholarships also available to students. These are based on merit and family income. Some students may be required to provide a Resident certificate as well.
The college also provides scholarships on a year by year basis. Thus a student may opt for scholarships for only 1 year or 2 years. Optionally the student may also opt for scholarships for all the 3 years of education. If the student fails to clear the year in the first attempt, then the scholarship may stand to get canceled.
Click here Panchayat College Scholarship
Panchayat College Facilities
The college provides the following facilities for its students to help grow up in their education:
- Library: The library has a good collection of books related to syllabus and reference material. It has spacious seating for students. The library also has an automated system installed for easier access to books.
- Medical: Basic medical facility with first aid and health doctor visits for emergency concerns.
- Sports: Sports facilities include outdoor and indoor sports which the students can available before and after college timings and during breaks.
- Hostel: Students are given PG facilities with a bed, kitchen, and bathroom. The market is nearby. Hostel admissions are given on the basis of ranks in the merit list. The hostel also provides a mess for food and snacks.
- Cafeteria: The cafeteria is available round the clock during the day. It provides snacks, tea, coffee, and meal options for the students. The cafeteria also provides meals for the hostel staying students with more focus on vegetarian food.
Know more Panchayat College Hostel
Panchayat College FAQs
Ques. What is the nearest bus depot, railway station, airport to Panchayat College?
Ans. Bus: Buses run by OSRTC connect Bargarh to Sambalpur, Cuttack and Berhampur.
Railway station: The nearest railway station is the Bargarh Road Railway station.This station is on the Jharsuguda - Vizianagaram line and well connected to Howrah, Mumbai and Raipur to Chennai.
Airport: The nearest airport is Veer Surendra Sai Jharsuguda airport about 110 kilometers away. Alliance Air and SpiceJet flights connect Bhubaneswar, Kolkata, Raipur, Delhi and Hyderabad.
Ques. How many teachers are present in college?
Ans. There are around 57 teachers in the college. Many are permanent while there are guest and visitor lecturers as well.
Ques. As a general category candidate, are there any scholarships available?
Ans. Scholarships are based on merit and poverty based. Check here for more details.