Swami Vivekananda Group of Institutions (SVGI) is situated in Indore, Madhya Pradesh and it was established in 2004. It is approved by AICTE, affiliated to RGPV. The institution offers courses in Engineering, Pharmacy, Management and Diploma in Engineering.
Admission to courses is based on marks obtained in 10+2 examinations and national entrance exams for Engineering and Management courses.
Swami Vivekananda Group of Institutions (SVGI) Highlights
Following are the Highlights of Swami Vivekananda Group of Institutions (SVGI):
|Entrance Exam||JEE Mains, GATE, CMAT, GPAT|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech, M.Tech , B.Pharm, M.Pharm, MBA, Diploma in Mechanical Engg, Civil Engg|
|Admission Criteria||Candidates should pass 10+2 grade from a recognised board|
|Facilities Available||Library, Laboratories, Computer Lab, Sports Facilities|
Swami Vivekananda Group of Institutions (SVGI) Courses
SVGI offers 17 courses across four different streams with specialisations available in Engineering and Diploma.
|B.Tech||Duration: 4 years
Specialisations: Civil Engg, Mechanical Engg, Electronics & Communication Engg, Computer Science Engg, Electrical Engg, Information Technology
Eligibility: Passed 10+2 standard
|B.Pharma||Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: Passed 10+2 standard with Biology with Minimum 45% marks
|M.Tech||Duration: 2 years
Specialisations: Computer Science, Power System, VLSI Design, Design of Mechanical System
Eligibility: Passed with 50% in Bachelor’s Degree
|MBA||Duration: 2 years
Specialisations: Financial Management, Marketing, Human Resource, Information System, Production and Operations
Eligibility: Passed with 50% in Bachelor’s Degree
|M.Pharma||Duration: 2 years Specialisations: Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutics Eligibility: Passed with 50% in Bachelor’s Degree|
|Diploma||Duration: 4 years
Specialisations: Civil Engg, Mechanical Engg
Eligibility: Passed 10th standardwith minimum 35% marks
Read SVGI Courses & Fees
Swami Vivekananda Group of Institutions (SVGI) Admission
- For B.Tech Selection Criteria: Rank obtained in JEE Mains
- For M.Tech Selection Criteria: Rank obtained in GATE preferred
- For MBA Selection Criteria: Rank obtained in CMAT
- For M.pharm Selection Criteria: Rank obtained in GPAT
Admission for different courses happens in different ways. Students need to follow these steps for admission in various courses. All admission is based through Directorate of Technical Education, Madhya Pradesh (DTE, MP) online counselling portal.
How to Apply?
Steps to be followed:
- Candidates need to visit the website’s counselling portal.
- Students need to select the relevant program and course they are applying for and select “Apply for Counselling” option.
- Students have to register for the counselling process and then select the qualifying exam of their choice through which counselling will be done.
- Fill in qualifying exam details* and personal details including details of caste, category and certificate details.
- Attach the required documents and pay the required application fee
- Print out the registration receipt.
- Based on the selected choice, the student can go for online/offline document verification.
- Post verification, a merit list will be prepared based on the qualifying exam marks/rank.
- College seat choices will be available according to the merit list, and students can choose a seat based on seats available, marks/rank obtained.
- Final Document verification, along with fee payment verification, will be done manually on campus.
*Note: Qualifying exams include JEE for B.Tech, GATE for M.Tech, 10+2 for B.Pharma, GPAT for M.Pharm, CMAT for MBA, 10th standard for Diploma
Swami Vivekananda Group of Institutions (SVGI) Placements
Placement and Training Cell is committed to providing assistance to graduates in career establishment. They help students in acquiring the necessary skills. Some of these are as follows.
- Career Guidance Workshops/Summits
- Guest Lectures by Industry experts
- Campus Recruitment Training which includes Aptitude Training, Personality Development, Communication Training, Soft skill training.
- Industrial Visits and Vocational Training
- Entrepreneurship Cell to incubate new start ups
Recent placement records from 2019 and 2020 according to the college website are as follows:
|Course||No. of Students who got Placed.||Top Recruiters||Highest Salary package|
|B.Pharm||15||50||Cipla, Lance Soft Technologies||Lupin Laboratories, GENPACT||2.6 LPA||9.6 LPA|
|Civil Engg||7||4||Prachi Infrastructure, KDS Construction||Amazon, RR Construction||2.4 LPA||3.4 LPA|
|CSE||148||132||ICICI Prudential, Techinfini Solutions Pvt Ltd, TCS||TCS, Tech Mahindra, Smart Data Enterprises, Radix Web, BYJU’s||10 LPA||10 LPA|
|Diploma ME||54||17||JBM, AVTEC, Sun Vacuum||Atharva Foundries, Carrier Midea India Pvt Ltd||1.8 LPA||1.68 LPA|
|Electronics & Communication||15||13||Unitelworks, ICICI Prudential||Dhoot Transmission Pvt Ltd, Chegg India||3.5 LPA||9.6 LPA|
|Electrical Engg||12||9||Amazon, Unitelworks, ICICI Prudential||Toppr Technologies Pvt Ltd, TOPPER TECH||2.65 LPA||5 LPA|
|IT||46||63||XDuce, Byju’s Cognizant,||Tech Mahindra, Infosys, TCS, Byju’s||10 LPA||10 LPA|
|ME||74||3||JBM, XDuce, Byju’s||Atharva Foundries, Tech Mahindra, SJI||10 LPA|
Swami Vivekananda Group of Institutions (SVGI) Scholarships
Scholarships are awarded to students with merit and to those who are in the minority or in the EWS section. Some of the scholarships awarded are as follows:
- Post Matric Scholarship
- Central Sector Scholarship
- Merit cum Means Scholarship
- Tuition Fee Waiver
- Minority Scholarship Scheme
Swami Vivekananda Group of Institutions (SVGI) Facilities
Various facilities are offered for students' academic and extracurricular activities. Some of these are as follows:
- Library with over 25000 books and 3000 titles, subscription to 121 journals and more available through the Digital Library
- Labs, which include separate labs for Pharmacy, Civil Engineering, Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering
- Sports Facilities which include both indoor and outdoor stadiums
- Computer Labs with next-gen systems and continuous 100Mbps internet for students in different streams, respectively.
- Cafeteria serving multi-cuisine and healthy dishes.
- Campus WiFi with over 15 Mbps internet all across the campus
Swami Vivekananda Group of Institutions (SVGI) Faculty
SVGI faculty are experienced teachers who have also undergone faculty development programmes. There are several PhD lecturers in each of the different colleges. Each subject department has a HOD. There are over 100 lecturers in this college.
Faculty of Pharmacy has 40 professors in various departments.
Faculty of Bachelors in Engineering has over 60 professors in various departments
- Director: Mrs. Alka Dubey
- Associate Professors: 10
- Assistant Professors: 5
Swami Vivekananda Group of Institutions (SVGI) FAQs
Ques. What are the accommodation facilities at Swami Vivekananda Group of Institutions (SVGI)?
Ques. What documents are required for verification in Swami Vivekananda Group of Institutions (SVGI)?
Ques. What are all exams accepted for admission at Swami Vivekananda Group of Institutions (SVGI)?
Ques. Is there any entrance exam for B.Pharm and Diploma courses, and what is the admission process for these courses respectively in Swami Vivekananda Group of Institutions (SVGI)?