Kala Institute of Management Studies and Research is a private institute that works towards imparting the best of knowledge in the field of Management education for the students. This private institute, also known as KIMSR was established in the year 2011.
KIMSR offers a Master of Management Studies (M.M.S) which has been approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). Admissions to MMS are entrance-based.
The institute is affiliated with the University of Mumbai (MU). KIMSR is recognized by the Director of Technical Education (DTE) and is a well-reputed and prestigious institute known for producing high quality and excellent professionals in the field of Management.
Kala Institute of Management Studies & Research - (KIMSR), Mumbai Highlights 2021
|Established | Institute Type||2011 | Private|
|Approved By||All India Council for Technical Education|
|Affiliated To||University of Mumbai|
|Recognized By||The Director of Technical Education|
|Entrance Exams||MAH-MBA/ MMS-CET|
|Courses Offered||Master of Management Studies|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-Based | Entrance Exam|
|Facilities||Classrooms, Gym, Computer Lab, Library, Auditorium|
KIMSR Mumbai Courses Offered
The following is the course available at KIMSR-
|Master of Management Studies||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility Criteria: Graduate degree in any discipline of a three-year minimum duration with a minimum aggregate score of 50% marks of a three-year minimum duration recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
Specializations: Finance, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Information Technology, Operations
NOTE: In case of backward class categories and persons with disability (must belong to Maharashtra state only) a minimum aggregate score of 45% marks is required to be eligible
Read More: KIMSR Mumbai Courses & Fee
KIMSR Mumbai Admissions
For admissions, Valid score/rank in the Common Entrance Test (MAH-MBA/MMS-CET) conducted by the DTE are considered.
15% of seats are filled by the candidates with a valid score in the following examinations - CAT/JMET/MAT/XAT/ATMA/CMAT.
How to Apply?
- The admission process at KIMSR is done through Online Mode.
- The admission to the M.M.S program is done according to the selection procedure as prescribed in the Information Brochure of Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) in the state of Maharashtra, Mumbai for the CET- MAH-MBA/MMS issued each year by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Government of Maharashtra.
- Further, the candidate selected/shortlisted for admission to MMS is required to register as Post-graduate students with the University of Mumbai (MU). Selection of the candidates is confirmed only on fulfillment of the following steps-• The candidate of a university other than MU must produce a provisional statement of eligibility, Migration Certificate which is issued by the Registrar. The admission is confirmed after confirmation of the student’s eligibility by the MU.• Admission of students belonging to other universities is confirmed by MU after submission of the original mark sheet, passing certificate of graduation, and migration certificate to the MU.• Every candidate belonging to the Maharashtra State must be a domicile of Maharashtra State and produce the domicile certificate.
- Once the documents are submitted, MU confirms the shortlisted candidates and finalizes the admission.
Read More: KIMSR Mumbai Latest Updates
KIMSR Mumbai Placements
Kala Institute of Management Studies and Research(KIMSR), Mumbai, Maharashtra consists of a Placement Cell or a Career Development Cell. It has a decent placement record in recent years. This is a dedicated cell that provides placement aid and assistance to all the students.
The Career Development Cell regularly conducts student grooming programs, seminars, company tie-ups sessions.
Cipla Ltd., Indian oil corporation Ltd (IOCL), Voltas, Tata Steel, Venture InfoTech, Reliance Infrastructure, Edu comp Solution Ltd., Parle Agro, IPCA Laboratories are a few of the well-reputed and known recruiter companies, industries the college has invited for campus placements.
Soft skills, interview skills, behavioral skills all are taught to the students. Frequent industrial visits are conducted.
Read More: KIMSR Mumbai Placement
KIMSR Mumbai Facilities
The following facilities are available for the students at KIMSR-
- Classrooms: Air-conditioned, well- equipped, large and ventilated rooms with modern teaching technologies
- Gymkhana: The gym facility at KIMSR offers physical fitness and sports-related activities for the students.
- Library: A central library for research, project work of the students. A decent number of books, e-journals/books are available.
- Infrastructure: The KIMSR has a great and attractive building and campus.
Computer Lab, Auditorium, and Seminar Halls are some other facilities.
Read More: KIMSR Mumbai Gallery
KIMSR Mumbai Faculty
KIMSR comprises highly-qualified, and knowledgeable teachers and faculty members qualified from renowned institutions. They are fully dedicated to imparting their knowledge to the students. The teachers are well experienced.
The faculty and staff members both are cooperative and interactive. The faculty creates a friendly environment for the students. More than 5 members are involved in the teaching faculty at KIMSR.
Read More: KIMSR Mumbai Faculty
KIMSR Mumbai FAQs
Ques. What is the total number of seat intake in the MMS course at KIMSR?
Ques. What is the semester/year breakdown in the M.M.S program?
Ques. Can a candidate appearing for the final year examination be eligible to apply?
Ques. What are the documents required by the students at KIMSR?
Ques. Is KIMSR a Co-Ed institute?