The Directorate of Distance Education in L.N Mithila University Darbhanga, Bihar was established in 1998. Its main objective is to offer the courses of the university through distance mode. Presently, LNMU DDE is running UG, PG, M.LIS, B.LIS, and professional courses like B.Ed. It also offers B.Ed. in regular mode with the approval of NCTE, UGC-DEB, and Bihar State Government. There are a total of 71 study centers with all facilities to provide quality education to the students.
LNMU DDE Highlights
|Courses Offered||UG, PG|
LNMU DDE Courses
The Directorate of Distance Education, L.N Mithila University offers various courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate level. Tabulated below are the details of these courses:
Read more LNMU DDE Courses and fees
LNMU DDE Admissions
Selections of candidates for courses like BA, B.Com, MA, and M.Com are based on a first come first serve basis. Admission to BLIS and MLIS is purely based on merit in the last qualifying examinations.
For B.Ed. admission, candidates need to qualify a Common Entrance Test (CET). The test will consist of 120 questions, each carrying one mark.
How to apply?
- Collect the application form from the admission office
- Candidates can also print it from the website of LNMU
- Fill up all the details carefully
- Pay the application fee through DD or Challan or online
- Submit the form by speed post to the below-mentioned address
The Director, Directorate of Distance Education
L.N. Mithila University, Kameshwarnagar
Read more LNMU DDE Admission
LNMU DDE Facilities
- Library: Students can get library facilities from DDE Library or Study center as per the availability of books for a maximum period of 15 days. Students will be responsible for the safety of books.
- Laboratory: Students can get laboratory facilities from the study center.
- Study Materials: High-quality study materials will be provided to the students of LNMU DDE during admission or will be informed to collect them later.
LNMU DDE FAQs
Ques: How much I have to pay as an application fee?
Ans: The application fee is different for different courses. For courses like BA/B.Com/MA/M.Com application fee is INR 400 whereas, for M.LIS/B.LIS the application fee is INR 600
Ques: In which medium the study materials will be provided?
Ans: The course materials are available in Hindi only.
Ques: Can I pay the admission fee by cash?
Ans: You can pay the admission fee online or Demand Draft in favor of the LNMU Distance Education Fund Account at Darbhanga. Cash is not acceptable.
Ques: Is there any reservation of seats in admission?
Ans: The reservation of seats in admission is as per the reservation policy of Bihar Government.
Ques: What is the admission fee for B.Ed. at LNMU DDE?
Ans: The admission fee for B.Ed. is INR 50,000.