Nalanda Law College, situated in Mumbai, Maharashtra is a private institute for pursuing a career in Law stream. The institute is the oldest Law college in the region which was established in the year 2002. Nalanda Law College is affiliated to University of Mumbai and recognized by Bar Council of India.
The institute offers a total of two courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level in Law stream only. Admissions to these courses are merit based. However, the institute also accepts entrance exams for admissions to some specific courses.
Nalanda Law College, Mumbai Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2002 | Private|
|Location||Borivali West, Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Affiliated to||University of Mumbai|
|Recognized by||Bar Council of India (BCI)|
|Entrance Exam||MAH LAW CET|
|Courses offered||2 courses across 1 stream|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance based|
|Facilities Available||Banking, Canteen, Common Rooms, Parking, Classrooms, Library|
Nalanda Law College, Mumbai Courses
Nalanda Law College, Mumbai offers only two courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level, the admissions to which are entrance based. Below mentioned are the courses along with other important details:
|Bachelor of Legal Science + Bachelor of Law (BLS + LLB)||-||5 years||Candidates interested must have passed 12th or equivalent from a recognized board or institute||MAH LAW CET|
|Bachelor of Law (LLB)||-||3 Years||Candidates interested must have a bachelor’s degree in law or other equivalent stream from a recognized university or board||MAH LAW CET|
Read More: Nalanda Law College Courses & Fees
Nalanda Law College, Mumbai Admissions
Admissions to Nalanda Law College, Mumbai are granted on the basis of candidate’s performance in state entrance exam MAH LAW CET. However, candidates must also have a good academic record as there is a minimum eligibility criteria set for applying for the entrance exam. Candidates interested can apply online and stay in contact with the university website for further details about the admission process.
How to Apply?
Below mentioned are the guidelines to be followed to apply for MAH LAW CET entrance exam:
- Visit the official website of State Common Entrance Test Cell.
- Register yourself by providing correct important details such as an active email id, valid mobile number, other contact details etc.
- After successful registration, fill the application form correctly with all academic and personal details.
- Upload your scanned passport size photograph and scanned signatures.
- Proceed to pay the application fee of INR 800 for general category candidates and INR 400 for candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ Backward Class/ OBC category via Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking or other convenient method available.
- Candidates will then have to appear for the entrance test on the prescribed date set by the State Common Entrance Test Cell.
- After the declaration of Entrance result, merit lists will be published.
- Candidates with valid eligible scores will then be called for counselling for further seat allotment and admission process.
Nalanda Law College, Mumbai Results
The College updates information related to results on their official site from time to time.
How to Check Results?
- Visit the official site of the college.
- Under the Student's section click on ‘Results’.
- Select the option of which subject the results you want to be shown.
- The results will be displayed on your computer screen.
- The students may take print out for further reference.
Nalanda Law College, Mumbai Facilities
Nalanda Law College provides its students with all the infrastructural and academic facilities for better learning of its students. Some of the facilities provided by the institute are as follows:
- Boy’s Common Room
- Girl’s Common Room
- Computer Labs
- Internet Facility
- Placement Cell
Nalanda Law College, Mumbai Faculty
Nalanda Law College has a very experienced faculty. All the faculty members have a wide range of knowledge about law and help students understand the core system of polity. They all have done their Master’s degree. Some of the faculty members are:
- Dr. Pankaj Kumar
Qualification: M.Sc., LLM, PhD.
- Shree Ajoy Kumar Verma
Qualification: B.Com., LLB.
- Shree Dinesh Kumar
Qualification: B.A., LLB.
- Shree Jugal Kishore Prasad
Qualification: B.A., LLB.
Read more: Nalanda Law College Faculty
Nalanda Law College, Mumbai FAQs
Ques. What is the fee structure of Nalanda Law College, Mumbai?
Ans. The fee structure of Nalanda Law College is pretty decent and affordable. The fees for the first year LLB course is INR 16,500. Therefore, the total course fee for 3 years is INR 49,500. Also, the first year course fee for integrated course BLS+LLB is also INR 16,500, hence the total course fee for 5 years is INR 82,500.
Ques. How many courses are provided by Nalanda Law College, Mumbai?
Ans. Nalanda Law College, Mumbai provides a total of 2 courses, one at undergraduate level and other at postgraduate level, namely, LLB and integrated course BLS+LLB. Both these courses are offered as full time programs in regular mode. The duration for LLB course is 3 years whereas the duration for integrated course BLS+LLB is 5 years.
Ques. Does Nalanda Law College, Mumbai accept entrance exams for admissions to any of the courses?
Ans. Yes, Nalanda Law College, Mumbai accepts entrance exams for admissions to both of its courses. The entrance exam is a state level test, named MAH LAW CET conducted by the State Common Entrance Test Cell for admissions to law courses only. The basic eligibility to be eligible for MAH CET LAW entrance is graduation with 45% aggregate marks or 10+2 with 45% aggregate marks.
Ques. What is the cut-off for general category in MHCET for admission to LLB?
Ans. The cut-off in MH CET for admission to LLB in general category students is 95. For more information related to cut-off, click here.
Ques. What facilities are provided by Nalanda Law College, Mumbai?
Ans. Nalanda Law College provides many facilities to its students including library, parking, well furnished classrooms, separate common rooms for both boys and girls, internet facility etc.