Dayanand College of Pharmacy is a renowned institute in Latur and was established in 2009. The college is popular for its two courses Diploma in Pharmacy and Bachelor of Pharmacy. Admission to the college is purely subject to the approval of concerned authorities. The application mode is offline.
Dayanand College of Pharmacy Latur Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2009 | Private|
|Affiliated with||Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University (SRTMUN)|
|Courses Offered||2 courses across 1 stream|
|Popular Courses||B.Pharm and D.Pharm|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance and Merit-Based|
|Campus Area||22 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Indoor stadium, Canteen|
Dayanand College of Pharmacy Latur Courses
|B.Pharm||Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: Must have passed 10+2 with 50% in Physics and Chemistry as mandatory subjects and one subject between Mathematics or biology. (45% for backward class categories, and persons with disabilities belonging to Maharashtra.)
Selection Criteria: Entrance based (MHT CET)
|D.Pharm||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Students from Maharashtra Must have completed 10+2 with Physics and Chemistry as mandatory subjects and one subject between Mathematics or biology. Students outside of Maharashtra shall be eligible for the institution quota.
Selection Criteria: Merit-Based
Dayanand College of Pharmacy Latur Admissions
Admissions at Dayanand College of Pharmacy are based on the entrance exam and decision of the concerned authorities. The students must obtain a non zero score in CET conducted by a competent authority or a non zero score in NEET.
How to Apply?
- You can obtain the application form from the college by paying the required fee.
- Fill the application form with all the required details.
- Submit the form with the necessary documents.
- For students belonging to any other states other than Maharashtra, shall be eligible for the institution quota only.
Dayanand College of Pharmacy Latur Facilities
- Laboratories: The Dayanand College of Pharmacy has an excellent Pharmacy setup that allows the students to get a better grasp of the practical subject knowledge. This is achieved by numerous state-of-the-art labs of various departments like Pharmaceutics, pharmaceutical chemistry, Pharmacology, pharmacognosy supported by well-trained lab technicians where students get to perform Practicals under the guidance of experienced Faculty. Some of the sophisticated equipment are listed below from each lab:
- Automatic tablet punching machine
- Digital Disintegration test apparatus
- Six stage dissolution test apparatus
- Brookfield viscometer
- Stability chamber
- UV spectrophotometer (Shimadzu 1900)
- Clevenger apparatus,
- Soxhlet Extractor
- Library: Dayanand College of Pharmacy has a library with over 6000 books, 15 National; & International journals on pharmacy. It is being fully computerized by using software for maintaining all library operations. The Faculty and students can refer to the book & keep abreast of the recent development in pharmaceutical science. The library also has Biographies and some self-development books so that students can develop their personality in all dimensions. The library has is a spacious reading room which is open from 8 am – 8 pm
- Computer Lab: The institute has a computer laboratory equipped with computers having internet access available to all students. In addition to this, the systems are equipped with specialized language lab software through which the student can improve their communication skills. Students take the benefits of the LMS system to access their study material & exam modules.
- Gymkhana & indoor stadium: The college has the facilities for sports indoor stadium as well as well equipped gymnasium separately for Boys & girls.
- Parking facility: The college has good parking facilities for students to park their vehicles in the campus area. The parking area is under CCTV surveillance & security guard.
- Auditorium: The college auditorium has a fixed stage with a capacity of 2000 seats. The auditorium is used for lectures, conferences as well as annual functions.
Medicinal Garden: The college has a medicinal garden within the college campus and has a wide variety of medicinal plants. Every plant is taxonomically defined and has relevance in the study of pharmacognosy. Students get acquainted with biological sources & methods of collection of plants.
- ATM facility: The college has an ATM Facility inside the campus to ease convenience to students for their financial transactions by using their Debit card provided by a bank.
- Seminar hall And Classroom: The college has a seminar hall with a seating capacity of 300 people equipped with audiovisual equipment like overhead slides and a film projector. The juries and seminars are conducted in the seminar hall with an ultra-modern LCD projector computer with a lecture audiovisual recording facility. The college has well furnished & modern classrooms with smart board & adequate seating capacity.
- Hostels: Two separate hostels are constructed at the college campus for boys & girls. It provides a disciplined & secured environment with a homely feeling to students.
- Student facilitation center: The institute has provided students with a facilitation center where students can take the photocopies & purchase stationeries at an affordable rate from this center
- Canteen: The institute has two spacious canteens that provide hygiene, nutritious and tasty snacks, and food at an affordable cost. The personnel ensure to serve the food in a clean, well maintained, aesthetic and appetizing atmosphere.
Read More: Dayanand College of Pharmacy Latur Reviews
Dayanand College of Pharmacy Latur FAQs
Ques. What is the intake capacity of courses at Dayanand College of Pharmacy Latur?
Ans. The intake capacity of courses in college is 60 each.
Ques. What are the course fees of the B.Pharm course at Dayanand College of Pharmacy Latur?
Ans. The course of B.Pharm. is INR 85,000 (These fees are approved by the regulating authority for FY 2020-21.)
Ques. What is the minimum attendance that needs to be maintained at Dayanand College of Pharmacy Latur?
Ans. The students are pursuing D. Pharm. need to maintain a minimum of 80% in both theory and practicals while 75% in both theory and practicals for students pursuing D. Pharm course.
Ques. How are the faculties of Dayanand College of Pharmacy Latur?
Ans. The college consists of 35 professors/ Assistant professors who are highly educated and qualified with diverse industry experience.
Ques. What is the fee refund policy at Dayanand College of Pharmacy Latur?
Ans. No refund of fees will be made once the admission is taken from the management quota.