Employees' State Insurance Corporation Medical College and Hospital, Gulbarga is popularly known as ESIC Medical College, Gulbarga was established in the year 2013. It is a government institution situated over an area of 50.26 acres.
Approved by the Medical Council of India and affiliated by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, the Medical College has 100 seats for MBBS and takes admission every year. It has an attached 500-bed multi-specialty hospital.
The College offers undergraduate medical courses that include MBBS and BDS. All the admissions are done after the candidates appear for NEET and obtain a decent score to get into the college.
The cut off for the college differs every year as the level of competition changes. The increasing number of students appearing in NEET and the availability of seats in medical colleges are some of the major factors for varying cut off every year.
ESIC Medical College Highlights
|Established | Type||2013 | Public|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Banglore|
|Courses offered||2 courses over 1 stream|
|Popular Courses||MBBS, BDS|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Test|
|Campus Area||50.26 acres|
|Facilities ||Hostel, Library, Sports Complex, Auditorium|
ESIC Medical College Courses
ESIC Medical College, Gulbarga is famous for its undergraduate medical courses of MBBS and BDS.
|MBBS||Duration:4.5 years Academic Session + 1-year Internship|
Eligibility: Candidates must have passed the NEET examination
|BDS||Duration: 4 years of Academic Session + 1-year Internship|
Eligibility: Candidates must have passed the NEET examination
Read More: ESIC Medical College Courses & Fee
ESIC Medical College Admission
Admission to all medical UG courses including MBBS and BDS is done based on the scores obtained in NEET. The eligibility criteria for NEET is given below
- The candidate must have passed his/her class 12 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects with a minimum of 50% score for General Category students and 40% score for the reserved students.
- The lower age limit should be 17 years as of December of the admission year.
The seats of the ESIC Medical College, Gulbarga are divided into two categories
- All India Quota: It comprises 15% of the total seats. The All India Counselling is done by the DGHS authority on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee. The candidate must get registered and sit for the selection of seats and wait for the results of the allocation.
- State Quota: It comprises the remaining 85% seats. State counseling is carried on by the Karnataka Education Authority. The official website of KEA releases the cut off list every year.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website and register yourself
- After successful registration fill in all the required personal information as asked
- Now upload the scanned photograph and signature.
- Fill in the educational details.
- Pay the fees for counseling.
- Choose the course and college in your choice of preference and lock the preferences.
- The Round-1 seat allotment is published based on the candidate’s choice and preference
- The candidate who is allotted a seat either needs to reject or report to the allotted college for further completion of admission.
- For candidates who did not apply for round 1 counseling can apply for round 2 counseling and follow the same procedure.
Read More: ESIC Medical College Admission
NEET Cut Off
The cut off ranks for all the categories are mentioned in the following table
|Category||MBBS (2019)||BDS (2018)|
|15% AIQ||85% State Quota||15% AIQ||85% State Quota|
ESIC Medical College Scholarships
- Students belonging to economically weaker sections can avail of the exemption of fees.
- Merit cum means based scholarships are given to the deserving candidates.
Read More: ESIC Medical College Scholarships
ESIC Medical College Facilities
- Hostel: The College has separate girls and boys hostels with good infrastructure. Hostel facilities are also provided to the Residents and the Nurses of the medical college.
- Library: The central library of the college is located on the ground floor. The library is modernized and has an internet facility. It has all the other facilities like e-library, HELINET, audiovisual aids. It is a hub of more than 5000 books for reference and can be used by the students and faculties.
- Quarter: Type I to Type IV quarters are built for the teaching staff and the other faculty of the college and hospital.
- Auditorium: A centrally air-conditioned amphitheater is placed in the college. It has a total capacity of 2000 people. The auditorium also has a banquet hall, meeting hall, AV rooms, and Green Rooms.
- Playground:The college also has a playground keeping physical fitness in mind. The students and faculty can use the playground and carry on with different sports events.
Read More: ESIC Medical College Reviews
ESIC Medical College Faculty
ESIC Medical College has an effective education system. Every department has a Head and all the teaching staff is dedicated to their work and helps the students learn.
- Dr. A. L. NAGARAJA: Dean, MS (GENERAL SURGERY)
- Dr. Ivano Lobo: Medical Superintendent, MD (PULMONARY MEDICINE)
The details of the teaching staff are given below:
- Professor: 18
- Associate Professor: 15
- Assistant Professor: 36
Read More: ESIC Medical College Faculty
ESIC Medical College FAQs
Ques. What are the documents required for admission?
. Documents Required for Admission are
- Class 10th Certificate
- Class 12th Marksheet
- Class 12th Certificate
- NEET Admit Card
- NEET Score Card
- Id Proof
- Passport Size Photograph
- Caste Certificate (If Applicable)
- Allotment Letter
Ques. Is the offline mode of registration allowed for counseling?
Ans. The candidate must apply only in the online mode for the counseling.
Ques. What is the duration of the bond?
Ans. Post MBBS the candidates have a bond of 1 year. And if the candidate wishes to leave the bond in the middle then he/she has to pay INR 5 Lacs.
Ques. Does ESIC have any other category?
Ans. The ESIC has reserved seats for the ward of IP. IP stands for Insured Persons. It is an initiative to protect the socio-economic condition of the worker and their families.
Ques. How many seats are available for admission?
Ans. There are a total of 100 seats for MBBS and 50 seats for BDS.