Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies (SCMS) was established in the year 2004 in Pune. SCMS falls under the flagship of Symbiosis International University, Pune. It offers so many opportunities for every interest and passion of students. Symbiosis was ranked at #2 in the Best Colleges category by India Today in 2017.
SCMS SET 2021 registration for BBA Admission 2021 has begun. Interested students can apply till July 5, 2021.
Highlights of SCMS
Here are some quick facts about the Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies:
|Application fee||INR 1750|
SCMS Pune BBA
The BBA is a three-year full-time program. The program supposed to be broad-based providing required framework giving students the choice to choose from various stream specializations offered in the course itself.
- Candidates looking for admission to this course must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board with minimum 50% marks in aggregate. Every eligible candidate should appear in the Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) to qualify for the admission process.
- The final selection of candidates is strictly based on performance in SET and PI-WAT.
- Indian students: 240
- International Students (Including PIO and NRI students): 60
Reads more: SCMS Pune Fees
SCMS Pune Admissions
Admission to Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies, Pune is via the SET exam. A brief about the whole is given below:
- Admissions to BBA program are offered to candidates having passed 10+2 (any stream) with minimum 50% marks from a recognized board.
- Selection of candidates shall be based on merit ranks drawn from cumulative scores of SET, Writing Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI).
- The institute provides 5% relaxation for reserved category candidates.
- It is mandatory for every candidate to register for SET in online mode and also communicate their choice of course and institute.
- An amount of INR 1750 (non-refundable) has to be paid against application fees via Credit Card/Net Banking/Demand Draft/Cash/Indian Bank Net Banking.
How to apply?
To apply for admission in SCMS Pune, the candidates must follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Wait for the release of the Merit List on the basis of the SET & PIWAT score.
- Login to the college’s official website with the login id and password received over email.
- Fill up the online application form available on the link received in the email.
- Upload the scanned copy of the required documents.
- Pay the academic fees on the bank account number given in the offer letter.
- Send the intimation of transfer done to the email as mentioned in the offer letter.
- Report at the Institute along with the original documents.
Read more: SCMS Pune Admissions
SCMS Pune Placements
SCMS Pune Placements caters to the employment needs of the students passing out from the college. The cell ensures that students receive wide opportunities to make their entry into the corporate world and also equipping them to build on the foundation of a comprehensive curriculum.
Here are some highlights from the 2017-18 placements:
- Highest Package (Domestic): 5.75 LPA.
- Highest Package (International): 9.45 LPA.
- Average Package: 3.66 LPA.
- Placement record: 96.47%.
Here are stats from 2018-19 placements:
- Placement Percentage as of 15th March 2019- 96.46%.
- The highest domestic package on campus -INR 8 LPA.
- The median package on campus- INR 4.84 LPA.
- The average package on campus - INR 4.91 LPA.
- The highest International package on campus - INR 17.25 LPA.
Read More: SCMS Placements
SCMS Pune Scholarships
SCMS Pune offers scholarships to its students under the rule and regulations of Symbiosis International University, Pune. Below is the list of scholarships provided to students:
- SPDC for Nepal Citizens through Symbiosis Centre for International Education.
- UG Merit Symbiosis International University scholarship.
- SIU Scholarship through Symbiosis Centre for International Education for FN students.
- EDCIL (India) Limited (A Government of India Enterprise) through Symbiosis Centre for International Education for FN students.
- Jayatee Deshmukh scholarship to one girl student for securing the highest marks in SET.
Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies (SCMS) has modern residential facilities for students to give a ‘home away from home' experience. There are two well-furnished hostel buildings for girls. Girls Hostel has situated 1.5 km from the campus and students are provided bus facilities to commute to and fro, at scheduled timings. Hostel for boys is in Sakore Nagar with the same facilities.
Students must keep in mind:
1. The allotment of hostel rooms is done on a first-come-first-served basis.
2. Mess food is vegetarian /nonveg. All students before occupying hostel will remit the Hostel Fee and Mess fee in full, in one installment.
3. The student will remit the amount through NEFT in favor of Symbiosis Society, Pune / Cash), at Corporation Bank, Viman Nagar Branch Pune.
4. Please retain student copy of receipt/challan for claiming refund of deposit.
Read More: SCMS Hostel Fee
SCMS Pune FAQ
Ques. What is the Hostel fee structure at SCMS Pune?
Ans. The hostel fee structure at SCMC Pune:
|Hostel Details||Hostel fees||Refundable Security Deposit
|Mess Fees (Veg / Non-Veg)
|A Wing (Girls) (Sakore Nagar) (2 Sharing Regular Room)||INR 108600||INR 15,000||INR 58,650|
|B Wing, MHADA (Girls) (Rohan Mithila) (3 Sharing Regular Room)||INR 92,000||INR 15,000||INR 58,650|
|Twin sharing C wing (Girls)||INR 119850||INR 15,000||INR 58,650|
|Three sharing C wing (Girls)||INR 101150||INR 15,000||INR 58,650|
Ques. What are the admission criteria for international students?
Ans. Symbiosis International (Deemed University) is happy to accept the SET (Symbiosis Entrance Test) or SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) for undergraduate admissions. These are not mandatory requirements, NRI students with SET or SAT score will secure extra weightage at the time of admission. Students applying under the NRI category are not required to appear for the English Proficiency Test (IELA/ IELTS Examination). The weightage for admission under NRI quota is as follows:
- 10+2 or equivalent Transcript - 80%
- Entrance Test (SET/SAT) - 10%
- Statement of Purpose - 5%
- 2 Letters of Recommendation - 5%
Ques. How can I register for the SET exam at SCMS Pune?
Ans. To register for the SET exam conducted at every center Symbiosis institute, follow the steps given below:
- Step1: Register online.
- Step2: Pay the registration fee
- Candidates should book their slots and follow all the instructions and guidelines
- The Test is conducted only once a year and this date cannot be changed. This year the test will be conducted in an online Proctored Mode from 26th – 29th July 2020.
Ques. What medical policy does SCMS Pune offer to students?
Ans. Every student at Symbiosis is covered under a unique and novel medical insurance scheme. The student is covered for hospitalization (in the impaneled Hospitals) up to INR 50,000 in case of non-accidental emergencies (as per the Mediclaim Insurance Policy) & INR 1,00,000 in case of Rail/ Road traffic accidents.
Ques. How were 2020 placements of SCMS Pune?
Ans. Given below are the highlights from SCMS Pune 2020 placements:
- Placement percentage - 96.36%
- Highest Package on campus - INR 8.2 LPA
- Median Package on campus - INR 4.72 LPA
- Average Package on campus - INR 5.15 LPA
Ques. Who are the key recruiters of the institute?
Ans. The key recruiters of the institute include KPMG, Multifit, Deltax, TresVista Financial Services, Social Beat, Azulo Wealth, Great Place To Work, The Business Research Company, Tommy Hilfiger & Calvin Klein, Bajaj Finserv Health, ICICI Bank, etc.