CIPET is a college in Ahmedabad located at “Vatva GIDC Industrial Area”. It was established in 1984 to cater to the increasing number of plastic industries in the country. It is affiliated to Gujarat Technology University.
- CIPET Ahmedabad is accepting registrations for Spot Admissions (Merit-Based) 2020-21. Students can apply for B.E. in Plastics Engineering & Mechanical Engineering (1st Semester), B.E. in Manufacturing Engineering (3rd Semester), and M.E. in Plastic Engineering. Interested candidates are to appear for counseling for Vacant Quota Seats at CIPET Campus (HLC Building), VATVA, Ahmedabad between 9:00 am to 5:30 pm along with all relevant original certificates. The last date for admission is November 30, 2020.
- Admission to CIPET Ahmedabad BE program is through GUJCET or JEE Main examination. The second round of counseling for the GUJCET was concluded on October 19, 2020. The GUJCET 2020 examination was held on August 24, 2020, and GUJCET 2020 result was announced on September 5, 2020. Round 2 Counselling - Filling & alteration of choices by the candidates for actual admission will start from October 27, 2020, and will conclude on October 31, 2020.
- CIPET Ahmedabad ME admissions are based on Gujarat PGCET or GATE exam. The Gujarat PGCET 2020 was held on September 26 & 27, 2020. The provisional merit list was released on October 14, 2020. Declaration of the first allotment list (round 1) was scheduled for October 24, 2020.
- Admission to Diploma courses is based on the CIPET JEE exam score. The merit lists for the CIPET JEE 2020 was declared on August 12 & 20, 2020. Admissions for the same concluded in September 2020 and the classes in the same month.
CIPET Ahmedabad Admission Date
|Release of GUJCET 2020 Application Form||January 21, 2020|
|Last day to submit the GUJCET 2020 Application Form||February 19, 2020|
|GUJCET 2020 Application Form Reopen||July 18 – August 7, 2020|
|Availability of GUJCET 2020 Admit Card||August 13, 2020|
|GUJCET 2020 Exam Date||August 24, 2020|
|Announcement of GUJCET 2020 Result||September 5, 2020|
|Final Merit List Release Date||September 25, 2020|
|Registration for Counselling||September 25 to October 3, 2020|
|First Allotment List||October 3, 2020|
|Display of vacancy after Round 1||October 13, 2020|
|Registration for the second round of Counselling||October 15-19 2020|
|Release of Merit list of Phase 2||October 26, 2020|
|Gujarat PGCET Examination Date 2020||September 26 & 27, 2020|
|Declaration of Provisional Merit List||October 14, 2020|
|Declaration of First Allotment List Round-1||October 24, 2020|
|Online Application release date CIPET JEE 2020||January 12, 2020|
|Online Application last date||August 3, 2020|
|CIPET JEE 2020 exam date||August 5 & 6, 2020|
|CIPET JEE 2020 1st merit list||August 12, 2020|
|CIPET JEE 2020 2nd merit list||August 20, 2020|
Counseling for Vacant Quota Seats
November 17 - 30, 2020 (9 am - 5:30 pm)
- CIPET Ahmedabad offers B.E, M.E, M.Sc, and Diploma in Engineering programs to its students. It also offers a Postgraduate Diploma Course(PGD-PPT) in the specialization of Plastics Processing and Testing. The college is affiliated with Gujarat University for the M.Sc program.
- For admission in the B.E course, applicants are required to write the GUJCET exam. While JEE Main qualified candidates are given direct admission. Similarly, admission to M.E is based on Gujarat PGCET but GATE qualified students are eligible for direct admission.
- Students can apply through CIPET JEE for admission into Diploma and PG Diploma courses. CIPET JEE is conducted by the institute itself.
|Top Courses||Eligibility||Course Fees||Links|
|B.E||10+2 with 45% marks||2,60,000 INR||Know More|
|M.Sc||B.Sc in relevant discipline||81,440 INR||Know More|
|M.E||B.E/B.tech degree with 50% marks||1,54,000 INR||Know More|
|PG Diploma||Bachelor’s degree in Science||40,000 INR||Know More|
|Diploma in Engineering||10+2 from a recognized board||1,02,650 INR||Know More|
CIPET Admission Highlights 2021
Go through the details encapsulated in the table below regarding the institute and its admission:
|Name of the college||Central Institute of Plastics Engineering & Technology, Ahmedabad|
|Commonly Known As||CIPET|
|Affiliation||Gujarat Technological University and Gujarat University|
|Courses Offered||B.E, M.E, M.Sc, Diploma and Postgraduate Diploma|
|Entrance Exams Accepted||B.E - GUJCET/JEE Main
M.E - Gujarat PGCET/GATE
Diploma and PG Diploma - CIPET JEE