GUJCET 2018 (www.gseb.org): Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Pattern
The online application form for GUJCET 2018 is available from March 23 at http://gujcet.gseb.org/. The last date to complete the registration is April 7, 2018. However, the last date to obtain the User ID and password is April 6. The offline test is scheduled for April 23, 2018.
GSEB (Gujarat Secondary and Higher Education Board) conducts the state level offline test (Gujarat Common Entrance Test) for admission to B.E./B.Tech courses in 112 participating institutes. The Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC) is responsible for admission through GUJCET Counselling Process.
March 23: GUJCET 2018 Registration begins online.
February 20: The notification on GUJCET 2018 released at www.gseb.org.
GUJCET 2018 Highlights
|Exam Name||Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GUJCET)|
|Exam Conducting Authority||Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSEB)|
|Admission Conducting Authority||Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC)|
|Type of Exam||State-level Exam|
|Level of Examination||Undergraduate|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech and B.E|
|Duration of Course||4 Years|
|Number of Participating Institutes||112|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
GUJCET 2018 Dates
The important exam dates and events are listed in the following table:
|Notification of application form||February 20, 2018|
|Date of release of application form||March 23, 2018|
|Last date for submitting the application form and otaining User ID||April 6, 2018|
|Final date for submission of Application Form||April 7, 2018|
|Availability of admit card||1st week of April 2018|
|Date of examination||April 23, 2018|
|Release of Answer Key||3rd week of April 2018|
|Announcement of result||4th week of May, 2018|
|Counselling session||June – July, 2018|
GUJCET 2018 Eligibility
There are some conditions and norms for every examination, which are fixed by the conducting authority. Candidates need to check if they satisfy the eligibility conditions before they proceed to fill the application form. The eligibility criteria for GUJCET 2018 are as follows:
- Candidates must be a citizen of India to apply for the examination.
- They should be a resident of Gujarat. Those candidates who stay outside Gujarat for certain purposes, but are bonafide residents of Gujarat are also eligible.
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 examination from Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board or any other recognized board.
- Applicants who will be appearing for 10+2 examination (Science Stream) in 2018 can also apply for GUJCET 2018.
- They must have passed 10+2 examination (Science Stream) with a minimum of 45% marks (general category) and 40% (reserved categories).
GUJCET 2018 Reservation
There are a certain % of seats that are reserved for different category students under GUJCET 2018. The table provided below depicts the percentage of reserved seats:
|Categories||Percentage of Seats Reserved|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||7%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||15%|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes, including widows and orphan of any caste||27%|
|Unreserved Economically Weaker Sections||10%|
|Persons with Disability (PwD)||3%|
|Children of Defence Personnel and Ex-Servicemen||1%|
GUJCET 2018 Application Form
Availability of Application Form: March 23 – April 7, 2018
For applying for GUJCET 2018, candidates have to remit the application fee at the designated help line centers before filling the application form. The last date to generate the User ID is April 6 while the completed application form can be filled online till April 7, 2018.
The guidelines for filling GUJCET application form are as follows:
- Applicants are advised to fill the application form as soon as the form is available in the official website. They should not wait for the last date of submission of application form.
- Candidates need to fill all the mandatory details in the application form correctly. The authority will not entertain incomplete application forms.
- If the conducting authority finds that the details entered in the application form do not match their documents, the form will get rejected.
- After filling the application form, upload the scanned signature and photograph in recommended specifications. Unclear scanned photographs can result in rejection of the application form.
- Candidates must comply with the given instructions while filling the application form to prevent rejection of their application form.
- Once the application form is submitted and the application fee is paid, no correction can be made in the form.
- GUJCET application fee is INR 300 and is nonrefundable.
- Size of attachments is allowed between 5KB and 50KB. Approx dimensions : 120px X 120px. Please note that attachments should be clearly visible.
- Scanned documents of images is required and it should only be in .jpg/.jpeg format. While scanning signature or photo, Image resolution should be 300 DPI (Dots per Inch) or above.
- Signature must be done with a black or dark blue ink on a white paper.
Steps to apply for GUJCET 2018:
Step 1: Obtaining User ID- Obtain a DD of INR 300 in favour of “Secretary, Gujarat Common Entrance Test Cell, Gandhinagar”. The fees have to be deposited at any of the designated help centres after which the candidate will be given their User ID.
Step 2: Registration- Login with the User ID, register for GUJCET 2018 after providing email ID, phone number and name.
Step 3: Filling the Application Form- Fill in all the mandatory details related to personal, contact, exam, school and board as per the documets.
Step 4: Uploading of Images- The photograph and signature of the candidates have to be scanned and uploaded as per the specifications required.
Step 5: Submission of Form- Duly completing all the details, submit the application form. Take printout of the filled in application form. Save the application number for future correspondence.
GUJCET Registration Statistics (2017)
GUJCET 2018 Admit Card
Release of Admit Card: 1st week of April 2018
GUJCET 2018 admit card will be issued online by GSEB at www.gseb.org. It is the most vital document to carry on the exam day. Successfully registered candidates can download the admit card from the official website. The admit card must be preserved till the admission process gets over.
Steps to Download
- Visit the official website of Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board, Gandhinagar
- Click on ‘board website’.
- Search for the link that says ‘GUJCET 2018 hall ticket’.
- Enter your application number and date of birth.
- Click on ‘submit’ button.
- Your GUJCET 2018 admit card will appear on your computer screen.
- Download the admit card and take its printout.
The information that will be printed on your GUJCET 2018 admit card is as follows: Name of candidate, Father’s name, Mother’s name, Roll Number, Coordinating institution, Venue of test, Date of test, Paper wise timings, Email ID.
Important instructions for the examination
Candidates must verify if all the details mentioned on the admit card are accurate. They should read the important instructions printed on the back of the admit card so that they don’t violate any of them on the day of examination. Along with the admit card, candidates also need to carry the photocopy of one of the following documents:
- Voter Card
- PAN Card
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
- Employee ID
- College ID
One of these original documents is required on the day of examination for identity proof.
GUJCET 2018 Exam Center
GUJCET is conducted in 34 exam centers, spread throughout the state of Gujarat. While filling the application form, candidates can choose the exam center, according to their convenience from the given list.
The allotted exam center will be mentioned on GUJCET admit card. Once the exam center is allotted, it can not be altered by the conducting authority. Candidates need to report to the exam center at least 30 minutes before the exam starts.
GUJCET exam centers will be conducted at following exam centers:
|Name of the District||Name of the Test Centre||Name of the District||Name of the Test Centre|
|Ahmedabad (Rural)||Ahmedabad (Rural)||Surendranagar||Surendranagar|
|Junagadh & Diu||Junagadh||Porbander||Porbander|
|Mahesana||Mahesana||Chhota Udepur||Chotta Udepur|
|Valsad & Daman, Dadranagar Haveli||Valsad||Gir Somnath||Veraval|
GUJCET 2018 Exam Pattern
The highlights of exam pattern for GUJCET 2018 are given below:
- Mode of Examination: Offline (Pen and paper)
- Duration: 120 minutes for Physics & Chemistry | 50 minutes each for Biology and Mathematics
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Biology
- Medium of exam: English, Hindi, Gujarati
- Marking scheme: +1 mark for every correct answer | 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer
- Total number of questions: 120
The division of subject wise marks and questions are listed in the table below:
|Subjects||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
All the subjects are given an equal amount of importance in the entrance examination.
GUJCET 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus of GUJCET 2018 comprises topics from Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics/Biology subjects. The syllabus of these subjects will be of the HSC level of GSEB board. GUJCET Syllabus can be check from the table provided below:
|Mathematics||Algebra, Logarithms, Matrices, Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry, 3-Dimensional Co-ordinate geometry, Theory of Calculus, Application of Calculus, Permutation and combination, Statistics and Probability.|
|Physics||Introduction and Measurement, description of motion in one dimension, description of motion in two and three dimensions, laws of motion, work, energy and power, heat and thermodynamics, motion of system of particles and rigid body rotation, gravitation, mechanics of solids and fluids, oscillations, waves, Electrostatics, current electricity, magnetic effect of current and magnetism, electromagnetic induction and alternating current, optics, dual nature of matter and radiations, atomic nucleus, solids and semiconductor devices|
|Chemistry||Basic concepts and atomic structure, bonding and molecular structure, states of matter, periodic properties of elements and hydrogen, thermodynamics, chemical equilibrium, solutions, redox reactions and electrochemistry, chemical kinetics, surface chemistry, stereochemistry, Organic Chemistry, basic principles, purification and characterization of organic compounds, hydrocarbons, organic reaction mechanism, polymers and biomolecules, environmental chemistry and chemistry in everyday life.|
GUJCET 2018 Result
Declaration of Result: 4th week of May 2018
GSEB will publish the result online in 4th week of May at its official website. GUJCET Result can be obtained by using Application Number and Password. The result will hold the subject wise marks, total marks, state ranking, category ranking and the qualifying status of GUJCET 2018.
GUJCET Merit List
GUJCET 2018 merit list will be prepared by GSEB. Candidates who will find their name in the merit list can appear for counselling procedure. The merit list is prepared by giving 60% weightage to the marks that candidates have scored in theory of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology in 10+2 examination and 40% weightage to the marks candidates have scored in GUJCET 2018 examination.
GUJCET 2018 Counselling
GUJCET 2018 Counselling Schedule: June 2018
ACPC (Admission Committee for Professional Courses) is the responsible authority for conducting GUJCET counselling process. Candidates who have qualified the common entrance test, will have to register for the counselling process. The registration for GUJCET counselling can be done at any designated bank branch of Kotak Mahindra Bank.
The registration fee for GUJCET counselling is INR 350 which has to be paid to purchase the information booklet and PIN. After generating 14-digit PIN, candidates need to fill the online form. Complete the online form and submit the copies of following required documents at the nearest help centre.
Documents required for counselling:
- 10th standard mark sheet
- 12th standard mark sheet
- Transfer certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- GUJCET 2018 Result
- Passport Size photographs
Candidates need to verify all these documents at the helpline centers. During the time of counselling, candidates can choose their preference for colleges. The final allotment of seats will be based on the merit of candidates, availability of seats and category. Candidates who have obtained high scores in GUJCET 2018 entrance examination will have higher chances of getting admission in their preferred college.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College