Directorate of Distance Education, The University of Burdwan was set up in 1994. Currently situated in Golapbag campus, it has good infrastructure that attracts the attention of everyone visiting here. The University of Burdwan offers B.Ed, MA, M.Com, M.Sc. and MBA courses in numerous specializations.
Admission to MBA programme is based on marks obtained in CAT/MAT/CMAT/XAT followed by a round of GD and PI, while for other programmes, the admission is merit-based followed by counselling. The NIRF ranked the University at 92nd position in year 2020. Candidates can apply to the college through online mode.
The University of Burdwan Highlights
Tabulated below are few facts about the University candidates can check:
|Established | University Type||1994 | Private|
|Affiliated to||University of Burdwan, West Bengal|
|Recognition||Distance Education Board (DEB)|
|Also Known As||DDEBUR|
|Courses Offered||B.Ed, MA, M.Com, M.Sc., MBA|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-Based and Entrance Based|
The University of Burdwan Courses
Directorate of Distance Education, The University of Burdwan offers B.Ed and PG courses in numerous specializations. Tabulated below are details for the same:
|B.Ed.||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Candidates must have completed NCTE recognized Teacher Education Programme. Trained In-Service teachers in elementary education are also eligible for the course
|MA||Specializations: Bengali, English, History, Philosophy, Political Science, Sanskrit and Mathematics
Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Candidates must have passed at least 2nd class Hons degree in the relevant field (pursued the programme in 10+2+3 pattern) and specialization from recognized University
|M. Com||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Candidate must have passed minimum 2nd class Hons. degree and graduated in Commerce (pursued the programme in 10+2+3 pattern)
|M. Sc.||Specializations: Computer Science and Mathematics
Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Bachelor’s Degree in B.Sc. (Hons.) in relevant stream
|MBA||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Graduation of pattern 10+2+3
Check course fee information University of Burdwan Course & Fees
The University of Burdwan Admission
Admission in this University to different programmes is Merit and Entrance Based.
For MA/M. Com/ M.Sc., the selection is on the basis of Merit in last qualifying exam. For MBA programme, the selection is on the basis of CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT or other Management Aptitude Test. For B.Ed, the selection is on the basis of performance in the last qualifying exam
How to Apply?
Students seeking admission to this University in any course must fill the application form which is available online on the official website. The admission process is as follows:
- Visit the University’s official website
- Fill the application form correctly by going through the instructions carefully
- Application ID will be generated which should be used as a username for signing in
- Candidates have to sign in using the Application ID and password
- Remember the application ID as it will help you in future
- Pay the application fee of INR 500 using credit card/debit card/net banking/NEFT/RTGS/Cash Challan.
- After the declaration of merit list, selected candidates need to upload their signature and recent passport size photograph.
- Selected candidate need to visit the DDE Administrative Office, Golapbag, Bardhaman with all original documents for verification along with application form and payment receipt
- Confirmation of candidate’s admission will be after the original documents verification
For detailed information read University of Burdwan Admission
Ques. Is it important to give CAT or other Management Aptitude exam before applying for MBA programme?
Ques. How to apply for admission in this University?
Ques. What is the fee of an MBA course at the University of Burdwan?
Ques. Is Directorate of Distance Education, The University of Burdwan a good college?
Ques. What are the documents required at the time of application?