Government Engineering College (GECK) is a famous engineering college, situated in Karwar, Karnataka, and was established in 2009. It offers BE courses in 4 specializations namely Civil Engineering, Computer Science And Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering. The admission is based on the KCET entrance exam. Application mode is offline.
Government Engineering College Karwar Highlights
|Established | Type||2009 | Government|
|Affiliated to||VTU, Belgaum|
|Courses Offered||6 Courses across 1 stream|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance based|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Sports, Auditorium|
Government Engineering College Karwar Courses
It offers only UG courses in engineering namely BE in 4 specializations.
|BE||Specializations: Civil Engineering, Computer Science And Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Duration: 4 Years
Eligibility: 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subject/ Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Informatics Practices/ Agriculture/ Engineering Graphics/ Business Studies with 45% marks (40% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) OR Passed Diploma (in Engineering and Technology) examination with at least 45% marks subject to vacancies in the First Year.
Selection Criteria: Entrance Based
Read More: Government Engineering College Karwar Fees
Government Engineering College Karwar Admission
For the Application Process, candidates should visit the college admission office to get the application form for various engineering courses offered and payment have to be made through a demand draft.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website of the college
- Click on the “Admission” link and select, “Online Admission Form” from the drop-down list
- The form has to be filled with the correct details as no correction would be accepted after the final submission.
- For the application of more than one course, a separate application form has to be submitted.
- The application fee online through NEFT or Challan.
- To apply offline courier it to:
Government Engineering College, Karwar
1st floor, GPT Campus, M.G. Road, Karwar.581301, Karnataka
Affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University Belagavi
Approved by AICTE, New Delhi
Government Engineering College Karwar Cutoff
|Course||Category||Opening Home State Rank||Closing Home State Rank||Year||Closing Rank||Year|
|B.Tech Civil Engineering||General||80955||97648||2019||82175||2018|
|B. Tech Computer Science and Engineering||General||51922||70874||2019||58560||2018|
|Electronica and Communication Engineering||General||68424||95374||2019||73297||2018|
KCET Cut Offs:
|Courses||KCET Cut Off|
|Computer Science and Engineering||57760|
|Electronics and Communication Engineer||68458|
Read More: Government Engineering College Karwar Cutoff
Government Engineering College Karwar Scholarships
This institute is certified by AICTE and also well-known government college also recognized by MHRD, there should not be an issue faced by taking loans. If one is eligible he or she can also apply for a scholarship under the National scholarship portal or state government schemes.
- Approved by AICTE
- Candidates who are eligible based on their academic or performance in the examination can apply for a scholarship or they can be enlisted for a scholarship.
Government Engineering College Karwar Facilities
- Hostel: The college offers separate hostel facilities for girls and boys enrolled in various courses. Also, the hostel's room is spacious and airy which makes a student feel comfortable. Each room is equipped with the necessary needs for the students.
- Auditorium: The auditorium is well equipped with projectors, speakers, audio, visual aids, and good seating arrangement for students and staff.
- Library: There are many facilities for students like libraries, cafeterias, sports grounds, canteen, stationery shops, etc.
- Other Facilities: There are plenty of facilities available at this college. We can categorize them as Classrooms, Computer Labs, and Medical also. These essential facilities will help the students to grow their mental space and thinking ability to reach higher studies for the betterment of their future. When a student falls sick, the medical facility will take him for aiding the proper medication and treatment.
Government Engineering College Karwar Faculty
In Government Engineering College, Karwar, there are plenty of professors and good resources available. Dr. Shanthala B is an Assistant professor of Civil Engineering. In the Computer Science and Engineering Department, you can get 3 renowned faculties. In Mechanical Engineering, you can see only 1 resource available. There are 3 renowned faculties available in Electronics and communication. In Basic Science, there is only 1 renowned faculty available in the college. In the Civil Engineering department, Mr. Arshad, Mithesh Kumar, and Mr. Jagadisha, and also Smt Pallavi conduct the best curriculum and classroom management.
The Computer Science department is also well-known for some good resources. Mr. Nityananda and Somesha M. are very friendly and serious, giving their best effort for the students. These faculties are not only experts in their area of interest, but they are monitoring themselves through faculty development programs to enhance their skills in education.
- Assistant Professor: 14
- Associate Professor: 1
Government Engineering College Karwar FAQs
Ques. Where is Government Engineering College Karwar located?
Ans. The complete address of GEC, Karwar according to the ICBSE is Government Polytechnic Campus 1St Floor. G. Roadkarwar Karwar Uttara Kannada, Karnataka India 581301. You can get more details from the college office during working hours. Source: https://www.icbse.com
Ques. Is there any post office found nearby to Government Engineering College Karwar?
Ans. You can find 4 post offices nearby to GEC, Karwar. These are Karwar, Karwar Market, SS Auditorium, and Karwar Kutchery.
Ques. What is the difference between Government Engineering College and any private college?
Ans. In Government Engineering College, you can get fewer course fees than a private college. A private engineering college provides more reputed campusing facilities than a GEC. You will also get more facilities and good faculties.
Ques. What are the BE fees at Government Engineering College Karwar?
Ans. The BE course fee is INR 19,090 per year.