KEA has released the official KCET 2021 notification on February 22, 2021. KCET 2021 is going to be held on July 7 and 8, 2021. Students will be able to fill their KCET Application Form 2021 online at the official website at cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea.
According to KCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria, Indian citizens who have qualified class 12th or equivalent exam from a recognised board with 45% in three subjects (PCM/B) can apply. However, only students from Karnataka can apply for KCET Reservation.
KEA has revised KCET Syllabus 2021 because of 30% reduction in the syllabus of PUC I and II (Class 11 & 12). As per KCET 2021 Exam Pattern, the question paper will consist of a total of 60 MCQ questions from each section, which have to be attempted in 80 minutes. KCET 2021 will be held as an offline pen and paper test.
What is KCET? KCET 2021 is a state level examination conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority for admission to various engineering, science and agricultural courses across the state of Karnataka.
KCET 2020 Latest Updates
- KCET 2020 Provisional Seat Allotment Result for Final Vacancy Round out. Check KCET Seat Allotment
- KEA will hold KCET 2020 Counselling Final Vacancy Round for vacant seats after extended round 2 of counselling. Check KCET Counselling
- KCET 2020 Seat Allotment Result for Second Extended Round out on Dec 23, 2020.
KCET 2021 Exam Dates
|July 7, 2021 (Wednesday)||10:30 AM- 11:50 AM||Biology|
|02:30 PM- 03:50 PM||Mathematics|
|July 8, 2021 (Thursday)||10:30 AM- 11:50 AM||Physics|
|02:30 PM- 03:50 PM||Chemistry|
|July 9, 2021 (Friday)||11:30 AM- 12:30 PM||Kannada Language Test (For both Horanadu and Gadinadu Kanaadiga Candidates)|
The table below shows the tentative dates for the admission process through KCET 2021.
|KCET Registration||March 2021|
|KCET Admit card||June 2021|
|KCET Exam Dates|| |
July 7, 2021 (Biology & Mathematics)
|KCET Result||August 2021|
|KCET Counselling||September 2021|
KCET 2021 Highlights
|Exam Name||Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET)|
|Exam Type||State-level entrance exam|
|Exam Mode||Offline; pen–paper mode|
|Application Form Mode||Online only|
|Karnataka Examination Authority Helpline||080–23 460 460|
KCET 2021 Courses Offered
Around 2 lakh candidates appear for KCET exam every year. The exam is conducted once a year for PUC II qualifying candidates. The exam is only held for undergraduate courses mentioned in the table below:
|Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc. & A.H.)||B.Sc (Hons) Horticulture|
|B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture||B.Sc (Hons) Forestry|
|B.Sc. (Hons) Sericulture||B.Tech. Biotechnology|
|B.Sc. (Hons) Community Science||B.Tech Dairy Technology|
|B.Tech Agricultural Engineering||B.F.Sc. Fisheries|
|B.Tech Food Technology||B.Sc. Agricultural Marketing & Co-op|
|B. Pharma and Pharma-D||--|
Apart from these, aspirants looking for admission to medical/ dental courses offered in Karnataka are required to clear NEET 2021 and for admission to architecture courses, aspirants must clear NATA 2021 or JEE Main Paper 2.
KCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
KCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria differs with the course chosen by the candidate. However, the basic eligibility criteria remains the same for each course as listed below:
|Educational Qualification||Qualified 10+2 or equivalent exams from a recognised Board/University|
|Mandatory Subjects||PCM/ PCB and English|
|Minimum Age||17 years (as on December 31 of the year of admission)|
KCET 2021 Application Form
KEA will release KCET 2021 Application Form in the month of March 2021 on the official website at cetonline.karnataka.gov.in. To fill KCET 2021 Application Form, candidates can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Register for KCET 2021 by visiting the official website.
- Fill in all their details such as name, address, percentage in order to generate an application number and password.
- Upload scanned copies of passport photo, signature and left-hand thumb impression in jpeg/jpg formats.
- Pay the application free through either net banking or bank challan.
- Print the KCET 2021 Application Form for future use.
KCET 2021 application fee varies for each category from Rs. 250 to Rs. 5000.
KCET 2021 Application Fee
Aspirants are required to pay the application fees through either net banking or bank challan. Below are the details with regard to the application fees of KCET 2021:
|Karnataka||GM, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B||INR 500|
|SC, ST, CAT-1||INR 250|
|Female Candidates||INR 250|
|Outside Karnataka||GM||INR 750|
|Outside India||GM||INR 5000|
Payment by Challan: The bank will retain a bank copy of the Challan with them and handover the remaining two copies of the Challan to the candidates. The candidates who are residing outside India shall pay the fees in the form of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority, payable at Bangalore, the demand draft should be sent to KEA address by mentioning the application number.
Practical Test Fees for admission under Agriculture Quota: INR 500/‐ for General and OBC (INR 250/‐ for SC, ST and Category ‐1), this fee amount will be paid at the respective Practical Test Centre on the day of verification of documents in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of Comptroller of the respective University.
KCET 2021 Exam Pattern
KCET 2021 will be held in offline, pen-paper mode. The details of KCET 2021 Exam Pattern are listed below:
- There will be 60 multiple-choice questions for each section: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and Kannada language (in case).
- The time duration given for each section is 70 minutes, except for Kannada language which will have the duration of 50 minutes.
- The marking scheme is simple; one mark for every correct answer.
- There is neither a negative marking scheme nor any marks are deducted for selecting more than one option.
KCET Section-wise Pattern
|Subjects||Duration||No. of Questions|
|Kannada Language (in case)||50 Minutes||50|
KCET 2021 Syllabus
KCET 2021 Syllabus has been revised. It is based on the first and second year of pre-university college subjects, namely, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology syllabus. The pre-university college syllabi should be prescribed by the Department of Pre-University Education of Karnataka State.
|Physics||Unit I: Physical World and Measurement Unit II: Kinematics Unit III: Laws of Motion Unit IV: Work, Energy and Power|
|Second-year pre-university college||Unit I: Electrostatics Unit II: Current Electricity Unit III: Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism Unit IV: Electromagnetic induction and Alternating Currents|
|Chemistry||Unit I: Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry Unit II: Structure of Atom Unit III: Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties Unit IV: Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure|
|Second-year pre-university college||Unit I: Solid State Unit II: Solutions Unit III: Electrochemistry Unit IV: Chemical Kinetics Unit V: Surface Chemistry|
|Mathematics||Algebra, Analytical Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus|
|First/second year pre-university college or equivalent Algebra||Theory of Indices and Logarithms, Progressions, Mathematical Induction, Theory of Equations, Permutations and Combinations, Binomial Theorem, Partial Fractions|
KCET 2021 Recommended Books
Candidates are suggested to refer to the best study material covering the entire syllabus for KCET exam. The most recommended books are given below:
|Name of the books||Author|
|Karnataka CET Explorer for Engineering PB (Paperback)||MTG|
|KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test): 14 Years Solved Papers (2006 – 2019)||Arihant|
|Karnataka CET – Explorer Medical (Paperback)||MTG|
|Textbooks of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics||NCERT|
|New course Physics||Pradeep's (gomber and gogia)|
|Principles of physics||S.Chands (V.K Mehta and Rohit Mehta)|
|Modern ABC chemistry||S.P. Jauhar|
Practice KCET 2021 Question Papers
- KCET 2021 sample papers and model tests should be incorporated by all the aspirants in their preparation plan.
- Previous year question papers and question banks can help them to identify the pattern of questions and important topics that carry maximum weightage.
- Sample papers and model test papers for individual sections/papers would actually provide hands-on practice in solving questions.
- Also, it would develop speed & accuracy that is the key to candidates’ performance on the day of the exam.
KCET 2021 Admit Card
KCET 2021 Admit Card will be available from the second week of April 2021. KCET applicants will have to visit the official website in order to download their respective admit cards to be eligible for appearing the exam.
The process below will help applicants to download their admit cards with ease:
- Visit official website
- Login by using application number and password as well as date of birth
- Click on “Download KCET 2021 Admit Card”
- Save and print around four copies
Details such as roll number, name of the candidate, date of exam and exam centre is mentioned on the admit card. Aspirants are required to carry any one photo identity card with them to the exam hall from the following: Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/College Identity Card/2nd PU/12th standard examination admission ticket. Aspirants are required to keep their KCET admit cards safe till they complete their KCET Counselling process.
KCET 2021 Exam Centers
KCET 2021 Exam Centers are placed in 29 districts and 54 locations across the state of Karnataka. Candidates who have applied under Horanadu & Gadinadu Kannadiga clauses, as well as Kannada language test, will have to select Bangalore as their exam centre. Check List of KCET Exam Centers
The practical exam for the admission of Agriculture courses will be conducted in select cities. The city centres are tabulated below:
|Practical Exam Center Location for Agriculture Quota|
|Arabhavi (Gokak Tq)||Mysore|
|Mandya Hiriyur (Chitradurga)||Bangalore|
|Munirabad (Koppal District)||Tamaka (Kolar District)|
KCET 2021 Answer Key
- KCET 2021 Answer Keys are published on the KEA Website: kea.kar.nic.in.
- Candidates/ parents/ lecturers can file their objections, if any, addressed to the “Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority, Bangalore”, either in person or only through SPEED POST/email: keauthority‐firstname.lastname@example.org, with regard to any of the published answer Key, along with all supporting documents/justification.
- The objections received by the KEA will be placed before an Expert Committee, whose decision will be final for determination of the right KCET answer key.
- The answer key approved by the Expert Committee will be applied during evaluation for the determination of merit order.
- Then the correct answer key and the list of candidates whose results have been withheld and the reasons for withholding the results will also be published along with the results.
KCET 2021 Results
After the examination, KCET 2021 Answer Keys will be released by the relevant authority. Aspirants can file their objects, if any, to the “Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority, Bangalore” before 30th April 2021.
- KCET 2021 Results will be declared approximately one month from the date of examination.
- The result sheets will be separate for the mentioned courses/subjects.
- KCET 2021 results will be declared online on their official website.
- Aspirants can login by using their application number, date of birth and password to see their result sheet.
- Different ranks for different courses will be given with consideration of subjects and participants.
KCET 2021 Reservation of Seats
Candidates claiming reservation in Karnataka CET will have to fulfill the eligibility criteria of KCET 2021. KCET Reservation Criteria for different categories are mentioned below: Reservation for reserved category candidates – OBC, SC and ST
- To avail the benefit of KCET 2021 reservation of seats, candidates must belong to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Other Backward Classes of citizens under categories 1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B.
- Such candidates must produce ‘Caste Certificate/ Caste Income Certificate’ issued by the concerned Jurisdictional Tahsildar during document verification.
Reservation for Rural candidates
- 15% of the government seats are reserved horizontally in favour of rural candidates who have studied ten full academic years from Class 1-10 in educational institutions within Karnataka.
Reservation for Kannada medium candidates
- 5% of the government seats are reserved horizontally for students who have studied ten full academic years in Kannada medium from Class 1-10 in educational institutions within Karnataka.
NOTE: The Government has enhanced the annual income limit from INR 4.50 Lakhs to INR 6.0’ Lakhs per annum for claiming reservation benefits. The candidate and his / her father’s - mother’s who’s Gross Annual Income is below INR 6.00 Lakhs are eligible to claim benefit of reservation under 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B categories
KCET 2021 Counselling
Aspirants who clear the examination will be eligible to undergo KCET 2021 Counselling process from the first week of June 2021.
- As an initial part of the Counselling process, aspirants are required to lock their choice of college and course.
- Also, the aspirants must fulfil the minimum eligibility and cut-off score to be eligible to undergo KCET 2021 Counselling process.
- Aspirants are also advised to preserve their KCET admit cards and carry with them to the Counselling process.
- All the information related to the Counselling process will be provided on the official website such as counselling dates, location, instructions and documents required during counselling.
- The allotment process will grant seats to the eligible candidate in 267 Engineering colleges, 61 Pharmacy colleges and 39 Farm Science colleges.
Documents Required for KCET 2021 Counselling
Candidates are required to bring the requisite documents in original and submit the xerox copies of the same during the verification process of KCET 2021.
- Karnataka CET 2021 Rank Card/Score Card
- Xth standard Mark Sheet
- XIIth Class Mark Sheet
- Print out of KCET Application form 2021
- Copy of Challan Original (As a proof of fee payment)
- KCET Admit Card/ Hall Ticket
- Caste Certificate (In case of SC/ST/Candidates of other Reserved Categories) issued by the competent Authority
- Recent Passport size Photographs (Two in number)
- Medical Certificate (In case of Physically Handicapped Candidates)
- Study Certificate signed by the concerned BEO/DDPI
- Residence Certificate
- Study Certificates from 6th Standard to Intermediate
- Aadhar Card
- Domicile Certificate
- Income Certificate
- NCC/CAP/Sports/Minority Certificate if applicable
KCET 2021 Seat Allotment
Seat allotment is the last step of KCET counselling process. During KCET 2021 Seat Allotment, candidates will be allotted seats according to their ranking in the merit and the choice of college and courses filled by them.
- KCET 2021 Online Seat Allotment will start at the end of the counselling process.
- Candidates are allotted seats in various programs under different disciplines of Medical, Dental, Ayurveda, Homoeopathy, Unani, Naturopathy & Yoga, Engineering & Technology, and Pharmacy.
- Candidates have to complete the document verification process before obtaining provisional admission. They have to submit the choices for option entry during KCET Seat Allotment rounds.
The seat allotment process includes the following steps:
- Mock Allotment Round
- First Round Seat Allotment for KCET
- Second Round of Seat Allotment
- Second Round Extended Seat Allotment
NOTE: Verification of documents will be done in at least 15 notified helpline centres across the state after declaration of results/ publication of merit list. Only upon verification of documents and issue of verification slip, candidates will be allowed to enter the options. Candidates can enter any number of options of their choice on their own arrangement.
KCET 2021 Participating Colleges
Top 10 engineering participating colleges in KCET are mentioned below:
Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur
BVB College of Engg & Tech, Hubli
National Institute of Engineering, Mysore
RNS Institute of Technology, Bangalore
B.M.S College of Engineering, Bull Temple Road, Bangalore
MS Ramaiah Institute of Tech, Bangalore
Shri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore
Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore
P.E.S. Institute of Technology, Bangalore
JSS Academy of Technical Education, Bangalore
KCET 2021 Scholarships
Candidates from financially backward criteria (SC/ ST/ OBC) can avail of the scholarships offered by GOI for pursuing their higher education. The details of KCET Scholarships are given below:
Post Matric Scholarships for OBC Students
- This scholarship is for students who wish to pursue B.E,MBBS,BDS,MBA,MCA Ayurved,Homeopathy,Unani,etc (graduation & PG.courses).
- They should belong to BC Categories under G.O. st; 30.3.2002 and must not have availed any other scholarship.
- Applicants must not be inmates of any government or government-aided hostels.
- Candidates can avail the scholarship forms from their respective college.
- The filled-in applications should be sent to the B.Cs. Extension Officer. The filled-in applications will be thoroughly scrutinized and the post metric scholarships are disbursed to the eligible students.
Merit Scholarship to College/Professional Institutions Students Belonging To SC/ST/OBC/Minorities
- Department of Welfare for SC/ST/OBC/Minorities disburse scholarships to students in four categories namely A, B, C, and D.
- Candidates willing to pursue undergraduate or postgraduate professional courses like Engineering, Medicine, Ayurveda or Unani can apply for this scholarship scheme.
- It is open to both- hoteliers and day scholars.
- The duration of the scholarship is based on the duration of course.
- Income limit does not exist for the students who are availing of this scholarship. However, for OBC candidates the income limit is INR 1,00,000 per annum.
- To apply, you can contact your college Principal or visit the website of the Department of SC/ST/OBC Welfare.
Aspirants can use the following address and helpline number to contact the exam authority for any issues related to application, exam or result.
KCET 2021 FAQs
Ques. When will KCET 2021 be held?
Ans. KCET 2021 will be conducted by KEA(Karnataka Exam Authority ) organised in 3rd week of April 2021
Ques. How many attempts are allowed in KCET 2021?
Ans. The notification does not mention the number of attempts allowed, but it can be taken once a year until the age of 24 years
Ques. In what mode is KCET 2021 conducted?
Ans. KCET exam is conducted in offline (pen and paper mode).
Ques. Is there any negative marking in KCET 2021?
Ans. No, there is no negative marking in KCET 2021. For every correct answer, you will be awarded 1 mark.
Ques. What are the courses I can opt for through KCET 2021?.
Ans. KCET 2021 offers admissions in streams like BSc, BIO-tech, Home sciences, BTech, MBBS, BPharma and Pharma D courses and agriculture courses.
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria for KCET 2021?.
Ans. The candidates should pass the 12th standard and should be less than 24years of age, along with a min of 45% marks(40% for reserved categories) for BTech and other courses, and 50% marks (40% for reserved categories)for MBBS courses.
Ques. Can an aspirant from another state apply for KCET 2021?
Ans. The candidates appearing for KCET 2021 must have passed from any institute situated in the state of Karnataka, they must have a minimum academic duration of 7 years in any institute from Karnataka and should have passed class 10th or 12th from Karnataka state board exams.
Ques. How can I apply for KCET 2021?
Ans. You can only apply online on the official website of KCET: kea.kar.nic.in/cet_2021
Ques. I have made a mistake while filling my KCET online form, can I correct it?
Ans. The entire online application process is in two phases. In the first phase, candidates will fill the details and can edit the data any number of times and also can take the draft printouts before selecting the declaration. Before commencing the second phase, candidates can edit/delete/add any information any number of times.
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria for appearing in KCET 2021?
Ans. All the candidates should check their eligibility before applying for KCET 2021. Following are the eligibility conditions that a candidate must fulfil to appear in the exam-
- Candidates must have passed 12th level qualifying examination with Physics and Mathematics as main subjects and English as a language subject.
- Candidates must have studied Chemistry/ Bio-Technology/ Computer Science/ Biology as an elective subject in class XII.
- Candidates must have obtained minimum 45% aggregate scores in class 10+2, if belonging to General Category.
- For Reserved Category i.e. SC, ST Category I and OBC, candidates need to have secured minimum 40%
Ques. What are the important documents required during KCET 2021 counselling?
Ans. Important documents required at the time of counselling are-
- Copy of KCET Application Form 2021
- KCET Admit Card 2021
- 2 Recent Passport Size Photographs
- Study Certificate Counter signed by the Concerned BEO/DDPI
Ques. In which language can I attempt the KCET exam?
Ans. You can attempt KCET 2021 only in English.
Ques. Who is authorized to issue Kannada medium study certificates?
Ans. The Principal/ Headmaster of the institution can issue Kannada medium certificate which has to be countersigned by the BEO of the area/ jurisdiction. Unverified certificates will not be accepted.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.