Table of Contents
KCET 2020: Official Answer Key (Released), Result, Cut off and Counselling
KCET 2020 was successfully conducted on July 30-31 and August 01 as scheduled following the guideline of Karnataka High Court. Earlier the exam was scheduled to be conducted from April 22 to April 24, 2020, but was postponed due to COVID-19. KEA Karnataka has released the Official KCET 2020 Answer Key on August 04, 2020. Candidates can use the answer key to analyze and evaluate their performance in KCET 2020. Candidates can also raise objections until August 08, 2020. Read More
- It is the state level entrance exam for the candidates seeking admission in government and private institutes of the Karnataka state. It offers various courses in different streams like engineering, architecture, pharmacy, etc.
- Eligibility Criteria of KCET states that candidates must have passed with minimum 50% marks in the 2nd PUC/12th standard or equivalent examto appear for the exam. Also, they must have Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology as compulsory subjects in their secondary education.
- As per KCET Exam Pattern, the exam will be conducted in English and Kannada with 180 Objective type questions on Physics, Chemistry, Maths/ Biology, and Kannada language (wherever required).
- In order to prepare well for the entrance examination, candidates are advised to go through KCET Syllabus to have an idea about the important topics.
There are more than 200 colleges accepting KCET scores. Based on the marks secured candidates will be allotted seats into the institutes. Aspirants seeking admission in architecture courses must qualify JEE Main (Paper 2) or NATA and then they can participate in KCET 2020 Counselling. KEA will conduct KCET Agriculture Practical Test for those candidates who are seeking admission under Agriculturist Quota in Farm Universities. The test on “Identification of Agriculture Related Specimens” is held to claim seat under the quota.
KCET 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET)|
|KCET Official Website||kea.kar.nic.in|
|Exam Type||State Level Entrance Exam|
|Total Exam Centers||53|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|KEA Helpline||080 – 23 460 460|
KCET 2020 Exam Dates
Here, we are providing the official dates for KCET 2020 Exam as announced by KEA:
|Events||Dates (Revised Dates)|
|KCET 2020 Registration Begins on||February 1, 2020 (Open)|
|Last day to submit KCET 2020 Application Form||March 2, 2020|
|Last day to pay KCET Application Fees||March 6, 2020|
|Application Form Reopen||May 08 to May 18, 2020|
|Application Form Correction Window|
May 20 – 31, 2020
June 26-29, 2020 (Reopened)
|Availability of KCET Admit Card 2020||July 07, 2020|
|KCET 2020 Exam Date|
July 30, 2020
July 31, 2020
August 1, 2020 (Kannada Language Test)
|KCET 2020 Provisional Answer Key||August 04, 2020 (Released)|
|KCET 2020 Result Declaration||To be announced soon|
|KCET Counselling||To be announced soon|
KCET 2020 Answer Key
KCET 2020 Answer Key
- KCET provisional Answer Keys will be published at KEA Website: kea.kar.nic.in. Download Here
- Candidates/ parents/ lecturers can file their objections, if any, addressed to the “Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority, Bangalore” on or before April 30, either in person or only through SPEED POST/email: keauthority‐email@example.com, with regard to any of the published answer Key, along with all supporting documents/justification.
- The objections received by the KEA will be placed before an Expert Committee, whose decision will be final for determination of the right KCET answer key.
- The answer key approved by the Expert Committee will be applied during evaluation for the determination of merit order.
- Then the correct answer key and the list of candidates whose results have been withheld and the reasons for withholding the results will also be published along with the results.
KCET 2020 Results
KCET 2020 Results
Separate result sheets showing ISM & H, Engineering, Architecture, Farm Science, B‐Pharm, and Pharm‐D ranks will be declared online mode. It can be accessed online only by visiting the official website – kea.kar.nic.in. Candidates need to enter the credentials like Registration Number and Date of Birth to get the results sheet on the page. Candidates will get different ranks for courses like Engineering, agriculture, Horticulture, and other courses with the consideration of subjects and participants.
Check KCET Results
KCET 2020 Cut off
KCET cut off will be available in the form of Closing Ranks. It is the minimum qualifying rank required by the candidate to be eligible for the counseling process. The cut off depends on varied factors such as total seats available, a number of candidates appeared, the level of difficulty of the exam.
The following table elucidates the cut off of some preferred engineering colleges according to branch wise:
|University Visveswariah College of Engineering, Bangalore||19343||5652||5848||7216||11674|
|S K S J T Institute of Engineering, Bangalore||24140||17112||19509||–||–|
|B M S College of Engineering, Basavanagudi, Bangalore||8193||–||1601||5143||2304|
|Dr. Ambedkar Institute Of Technology, Bangalore||24047||10372||14023||22837||19764|
|R. V. College of Engineering, Bangalore||3354||573||798||622||584|
|M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore||10175||3042||2432||5949||3639|
|Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore||17578||5396||6799||15598||11208|
|Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore||16493||5555||5797||8811||10846|
|P E S Institute of Technology, Bangalore||8866||2387||2827||3227||4187|
|Sir M.Visveswaraya Institute of Technology, Bangalore||19758||6230||4319||19078||17092|
- KCET Cut off is released by the exam conducting authority for different institutes and branches of engineering.
- KCET Counselling and Seat Allotment for all the qualified candidates is conducted in multiple rounds as per the merit list and the no. of seats available in institutes.
KCET 2020 Counselling Process
KCET 2020 Counselling Process
- Counseling date: The successful candidates clearing the KCET 2020 Exam will have to take part in the counseling process which will be started tentatively in the month of September.
- Choice locking: One of the initial steps before attending the KCET Counselling Process is to make choice locking of the colleges and courses according to the candidate's choice.
- Eligibility: Candidates must have appeared and passed the 10+2 exam and got eligible marks in the exam. Candidates who will qualify the entrance exam as per the cut off and result list will be only eligible to appear in the Counselling of KCET 2020.
- KCET Admit card: It is also mandatory to produce the admit card during the counseling process, it is advised to preserve the admit card till the completion of the counseling process.
- Information: Information about counseling will be available on the Official Website of Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA), includes all the details like counseling dates, steps to be followed, documents to be carried during the process of counseling.
- Allotment process: Allotment for admissions into 267 engineering colleges, 32 architecture colleges, 61 pharmacy colleges, 39 farm science colleges, and 76 ISM&H colleges happens through the counseling.
Seat Allotment Process
- KCET 2020 Online Seat Allotment will be started from June 6, 2020 (Tentative).
- Candidates are allotted seats in various programs under different disciplines of Medical, Dental, Ayurveda, Homoeopathy, Unani, Naturopathy & Yoga, Engineering & Technology, and Pharmacy.
- Candidates have to complete the document verification process before obtaining provisional admission.
- They have to submit the choices for option entry during KCET Seat Allotment rounds.
- KEA also conducts a Mock Seat Allotment round for the benefit of all the eligible candidates.
KCET 2020 Reservation of Seats
Candidates claiming reservation in Karnataka CET will have to fulfill the eligibility criteria of KCET 2020. KCET Reservation Criteria for different categories are mentioned below: Reservation for reserved category candidates – OBC, SC and ST
- To avail the benefit of KCET 2020 reservation of seats, candidates must belong to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Other Backward Classes of citizens under categories 1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B.
- Such candidates must produce ‘Caste Certificate/ Caste Income Certificate’ issued by the concerned Jurisdictional Tahasildar during document verification.
Reservation for Rural candidates
- 15% of the government seats are reserved horizontally in favour of rural candidates who have studied ten full academic years from Class 1-10 in educational institutions within Karnataka.
Reservation for Kannada medium candidates
- 5% of the government seats are reserved horizontally for students who have studied ten full academic years in Kannada medium from Class 1-10 in educational institutions within Karnataka.
KCET 2020 Participating Colleges
KCET 2020 Participating Colleges
Top 10 engineering participating colleges in KCET are mentioned below:
- Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur
- BVB College of Engg & Tech, Hubli
- National Institute of Engineering, Mysore
- RNS Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- B.M.S College of Engineering, Bull Temple Road, Bangalore
- MS Ramiah Institute of Tech, Bangalore
- Shri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore
- Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- P.E.S. Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- JSS Academy of Technical Education, Bangalore
KCET Scholarships 2020
Candidates from financially backward criteria (SC/ ST/ OBC) can avail of the scholarships offered by GOI for pursuing their higher education. The details of KCET Scholarships are given below:
Post Matric Scholarships for OBC Students
- This scholarship is for students who wish to pursue B.E,MBBS,BDS,MBA,MCA Ayurvedic,Homeopathy,Unani,etc (graduation&P.G.courses).
- They should belong to BC Categories under G.O. st; 30.3.2002 and must not have availed any other scholarship.
- Applicants must not be inmates of any government or government-aided hostels.
- Candidates can avail the scholarship forms from their respective college.
- The filled-in applications should be sent to the B.Cs. Extension Officer. The filled-in applications will be thoroughly scrutinized and the post metric scholarships are disbursed to the eligible students.
Merit Scholarship to College/Professional Institutions Students Belonging To SC/ST/OBC/Minorities
- Department of Welfare for SC/ST/OBC/Minorities disburse scholarships to students in four categories namely A, B, C, and D.
- Candidates willing to pursue undergraduate or postgraduate professional courses like Engineering, Medicine, Ayurveda or Unani can apply for this scholarship scheme.
- It is open to both- hoteliers and day scholars.
- The duration of the scholarship is based on the duration of course.
- Income limit does not exist for the students who are availing of this scholarship. However, for OBC candidates the income limit is INR 1,00,000 per annum.
- To apply, you can contact your college Principal or visit the website of Department of SC/ST/OBC Welfare.
- KCET 2020 Admit Card will be available in Online mode on the official site.
- Candidates have to download the admit card from KCET official website i.e kea.kar.nic.in, using their Application Number and Date of Birth.
- KCET 2020 Admit Card contains details such as the name of candidate, roll number, address of the exam center, date of exam & time, and other such details.
- Do carry any one valid Photo Identity Card like Passport / Aadhar Card / PAN Card / College Identity Card / 2nd PU / 12th Std Examination Admission Ticket / Bus Pass to the exam hall.
- It is important to preserve the admit card till KCET Counselling is completed.
KCET 2020 Revised Exam Schedule
|July 30, 2020||Thursday||10.30 am to 11.50 am||Biology|
|2.30 pm to 3.50 pm||Mathematics|
|July 31, 2020||Friday||10.30 am to 11.50 am||Physics|
|2.30 pm to 3.50 pm||Chemistry|
|August 1, 2020||Saturday||11.30 am to 12.30 pm||For Horanadu and Gadinadu Kannadiga Candidates|
KCET 2020 Exam Centers
KCET 2020 will be conducted at 54 locations, spread all over Karnataka. Candidates, who have claimed eligibility under Horanadu & Gadinadu Kannadiga clauses, have to choose a Center for KCET 2020 which is located only in Bangalore. Kannada language test will be conducted only in Bangalore center. Practical Examination for admission Agriculturist Quota will be conducted at following cities by concerned Agricultural / Veterinary Universities:
|Shimoga||Bagalkot||Arabhavai (Gokak Tq)||Mandya|
|Hiriyur (Chitradurga)||Bidar||Munirabad (Koppal District)||Hassan|
|Dharwad||Tamaka (Kolar DistrIct)||Raichur||-|
Courses Offered via KCET 2020
Around 2 lakh candidates appear for KCET entrance examination every year. The exam is conducted once in a year for PUC II qualifying candidates. The exam is only held for undergraduate courses that are mentioned below:
- Engineering- B.Tech / B.E.
- Medical- B.Pharma/ Pharma D/ 2nd year B.Pharma
- Naturopathy and Yoga
- Architecture- B.Arch
- Farm Science courses- B.Sc (Hons) in Agriculture/ Horticulture/ Sericulture/ Community Science/ Forestry/ Agri Biotech/ Home Science/ Agri Marketing & Co-Op) and B.Tech in (Agri Engg/ Food Technology/ Dairy Tech/ Food Sciences and Tech
KCET 2020 Exam Pattern
KCET 2020 Exam Pattern
A brief about KCET Exam Pattern is given below to help candidates plan their preparation:
- Mode of Exam: The exam is held in offline mode (pen & paper-based).
- Types of Question: Question paper is of Multiple Choice in nature.
- Number of Questions: A total of 60 questions are asked from each section.
- Time Duration: Each section is given 80 minutes.
- Marking Scheme: One mark is awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: There is no provision for negative marking. No marks are deducted/awarded for marking multiple options.
KCET Section-wise Pattern
|Subjects||Duration||No. of Questions|
|Kannada Language (in case)||50 Minutes||50|
- Practical Test on “Identification of Agriculture Related Specimens” to claim seat under agriculturist quota is scheduled for April 27, 2020 on 9 am onwards.
- The maximum marks of the practical test are 200.
- A minimum of 50% marks in Practical Examination is required to claim seat under Agriculturist Quota.
- The candidates claiming eligibility for Government seats under Horanadu & Gadinadu Kannadiga clauses and whose mother tongue is Kannada, Tulu or Kodava, will have to undergo a Kannada language test, to establish their ability to speak, read and write Kannada.
- The minimum passing marks for the Kannada language test for all Horanadu and Gadinadu Kannadiga candidates will be 12 out of 50 marks in Kannada Language Examination.
KCET 2020 Syllabus
KCET Question Paper is based on the First and Second PUC (Pre University College) syllabi (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology) prescribed by the Department of Pre-University Education of Karnataka State. Pre University College in Karnataka is equivalent to 10+2 or H.S.C. as prevalent in most of the education boards in India. Some of the important concepts to study are given below:
|Subject/ Level||Important Topics|
|Physics||Unit I: Physical World and Measurement|
Unit II: Kinematics
Unit III: Laws of Motion
Unit IV: Work, Energy, and Power
|Second Year PUC||Unit I: Electrostatics|
Unit II: Current Electricity
Unit III: Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
Unit IV: Electromagnetic induction and Alternating Currents
|Chemistry||Unit I: Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry|
Unit II: Structure of Atom
Unit III: Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
Unit IV: Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
|Second Year PUC||Unit I: Solid State|
Unit II: Solutions
Unit III: Electrochemistry
Unit IV: Chemical Kinetics
Unit V: Surface Chemistry
|Mathematics||Algebra, Analytical Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus|
|Mathematics - Syllabus for PUC-I/XI Std. or Equiv. Algebra||Theory Of Indices And Logarithms, Progressions, Mathematical Induction, Theory Of Equations, Permutations And Combinations, Binomial Theorem, Partial Fractions|
Check Complete KCET 2020 Syllabus PDF
KCET 2020 Recommended Books
Candidates are suggested to refer the best study material covering the entire syllabus for KCET exam. The most recommended books are given below:
|Name of the books||Author|
|Karnataka CET Explorer for Engineering PB (Paperback)||MTG|
|KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test): 14 Years Solved Papers (2006 – 2019)||Arihant|
|Karnataka CET – Explorer Medical (Paperback)||MTG|
|Textbooks of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics||NCERT|
|New course Physics||Pradeep's (gomber and gogia)|
|Principles of physics||S.Chands (V.K Mehta and Rohit Mehta)|
|Modern ABC chemistry||S.P. Jauhar|
Practice KCET Question Papers 2020
- KCET 2020 sample papers and model tests should be incorporated by all the aspirants in their preparation plan.
- Previous year question papers and question banks can help them to identify the pattern of questions and important topics that carry maximum weightage.
- Sample papers and model test papers for individual sections/papers would actually provide hands-on practice in solving questions.
- Also, it would develop speed & accuracy that is the key to candidates’ performance on the day of the exam.
KCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
KCET Eligibility Criteria vary course-wise. The basic eligibility for admission to various courses is mentioned below.
For Engineering Courses:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to qualify the 2nd PUC/10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board.
- Subject: Candidates must pass their examination with Mathematics & Physics as a main subject & English as a language subject.
- Minimum Marks: It is compulsory to score at least 45% marks (40% marks in SC/ST category) in physics and mathematics along with one of the subjects, i.e. Biotechnology/Biology/Electronics/Chemistry/Computer science.
For B.Pharma Course:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to pass their 2nd PUC/10+2 or equivalent with PCB/PCM and English as a language subject.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to secure minimum 50% marks (40% in case of SC/ST Category) in PCB group.
Check complete KCET Eligibility Criteria
KCET 2020 Application Form
- The online application form for KCET 2020 will be available between February 1 – May 18, 2020. More than 1.7 lakh candidates are expected to register for KCET 2020.
- Candidates can register by visiting the official website of KCET i.e. kea.kar.nic.in.
- Candidates have to enter their personal details, so as to generate an Application Number and Password.
- After that, they have to upload a scanned copy of recent passport size Colour Photograph, Signature and Left Hand Thumb Impression in JPG/JPEG format separately.
- The next step is to pay the Application Fee either by Challan or Net Banking.
- The last step is to take a printout of KCET Application Form.
KCET 2020 Application Fee
|Karnataka||GM, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B||INR 500|
|SC, ST, CAT-1||INR 250|
|Female Candidates||INR 250|
|Outside Karnataka||GM||INR 750|
|Outside India||GM||INR 5000|
Payment by Challan: The bank will retain bank copy of the Challan with them and handover the remaining two copies of the Challan to the candidates. The candidates who are residing outside India shall pay the fees in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority, payable at Bangalore, the demand draft should be sent to KEA address by mentioning the application number.
Practical Test Fees for admission under Agriculture Quota: INR 500/‐ for General and OBC (INR 250/‐ for SC, ST and Category ‐1), this fee amount will be paid at the respective Practical Test Centre on the day of verification of documents in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of Comptroller of the respective University. ReadKCET 2020 Exam Day Instructions
KCET 2020 Photograph and Signature Specifications
Candidates have to upload scanned image of their photograph, signature and left thumb impression in a desired format and size. Details of the same are tabulated below, applicants should go through them carefully before beginning their KCET Application Process.
|Photograph||5 kb to 40 kb||3.5 cm x 4.5 cm|
|Signature||5 kb to 40 kb||3.5 cm x 1.5 cm|
|Left Hand Thumb Impression||5 kb to 40 kb||3.5 cm x 1.5 cm|
|Left Hnad Thumb Impression/ Signature of Parent||5 kb to 40 kb||3.5 cm x 1.5 cm|
KEA Contact Details
Frequently Asked Questions
KCET 2020 FAQs
Ques. How can I apply for the exam?
Ques. What are the dates for KCET Registration?
Ques. I have made a mistake while filling my online form, can I correct it?
Ques. What is the last date for application correction?
Ques. When will the admit cards for KCET 2020 be released?
Ques. When will be the KCET 2020 exam held
- April 18, 2020 (Biology & Mathematics)
- April 19, 2020 (Physics & Chemistry)
- April 20, 2020 (Kannada Language)
- April 27, 2020 (Practical Examination for Agriculturist)
Ques. What will be the mode of examination?
Ques. What is the eligibility criterion for appearing in KCET 2020?
- Candidates must have passed 12th level qualifying examination with Physics and Mathematics as main subjects and English as a language subject.
- Candidates must have studied Chemistry/ Bio-Technology/ Computer Science/ Biology as an elective subject in class XII.
- Candidates must have obtained minimum 45% aggregate scores in class 10+2, if belonging to General Category.
- For Reserved Category i.e. SC, ST Category I and OBC, candidates need to have secured minimum 40% marks.
Ques. I want to take admission in architecture course, what is the eligibility criterion for me?
Ques. What is the application fee for KCET 2020?
Ques. What is the exam pattern for KCET 2020?
All the three subjects will have 60 questions of 60 marks. The composite time for the papers is 1 hour 20 minutes.
Ques. What is the syllabus of KCET 2020?
Ques. When will the results of KCET 2020 declare?
Ques. When will the counselling process for KCET 2020 start?
Ques. When will the Kannada language test held and who will have to appear for this test?
Ques. When will I be finally allotted seat?
Ques. What are the important documents required during counselling process?
- Copy of KCET Application Form 2020
- KCET Admit Card 2020
- 2 Recent Passport Size Photographs
- Study Certificate Counter signed by the Concerned BEO/DDPI
Ques. In which language can I attempt the KCET exam?
Ques. How is the merit list for Architecture determined?
Ques. Who is authorized to issue Kannada medium study certificate?
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College