Government Engineering College, Raichur, Karnataka, established in 2007, is a co-educational government college.
It offers merit and entrance based admissions to students in Engineering programmes with a total of 4 courses across 1 stream.
The institute is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University and it has been approved by AICTE. The college provides all the basic amenities to students such as Library, laboratories, sports complex, hostel, etc. along with quality education through an experienced faculty.
Government Engineering College - [GEC], Raichur Highlights 2021
|Established | Type||2007 | Public|
|Affiliated To||Visvesvaraya Technological University|
|Courses Offered||4 courses across 1 stream|
|Admission Criteria||Merit Based | Entrance Examination|
|Facilities Provided||Library, Laboratories, Sports Complex, Hostel, Gym, Cafeteria|
GEC Raichur Courses Offered
It offers Bachelor’s in Engineering in 4 specializations.
|BE||Duration: 4 Years
Eligibility: 10+2 from a recognized board
Specializations: Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Read More: GEC Raichur Courses & Fee
GEC Raichur Admissions
The college caters merit and entrance based admissions that are done in accordance with the rules and regulations of Karnataka State Government. Candidates are considered eligible for admission in the institute if and only if they have cleared 10+2 examinations along with KCET examinations with an aggregate more than the cut-off percentage.
How to Apply?
- In order to apply, first visit the campus of Government Engineering College.
- Then collect the application form and fill the credentials in the form.
- The credentials include Name, Guardian, Dob, etc.
- Then choose the specialization programme.
- Now submit the form along with the application fees through cash, online banking or UPI.
Read More: GEC Raichur Cutoff
GEC Raichur Facilities
Government Engineering College offers various facilities to its students, se of which are mentioned below:
- Library:- The library possessed by the college is enriched with a number of books, journals and e-books on engineering that are available on a returnable basis.
- Hostel:- The college does offer hostel facility to both boys and girls so that it may enable students belonging to other cities and states to study and stay at the same place.
- Hospital:- Just like any other college, Government Engineering College prioritises medical services and,thus, provides hospital facility to both the students and staff members.
- Other Facilities:- Other facilities offered by the college include Gym, Cafeteria, Sports Complex, Laboratories, and Lush Green Ambience.
GEC Raichur Faculty
The faculty of Government Engineering College consists of 30 highly qualified and well experienced teachers having a minimum qualification of M.Tech. or its equivalent, who focus on providing quality education to the students while creating a friendly environment around them.
The faculty consists of :
- Assistant professors- 23
- Associate professors- 2
- Instructors- 2
- HoD- 4
Read More: GEC Raichur Faculty
GEC Raichur FAQs
Ques. Is Government Engineering College a good institute for pursuing a BE course?
Ques. Does Government Engineering College offer placement opportunities to students?
Ques. Does Government Engineering College provide scholarships to students?
Ques. How can someone apply for admission in Government Engineering College if he/she is unable to visit the college campus?
Ques. What are the documents required at the time of admission in Government Engineering College?
Ans. The documents required during the admission are as follows:-
- Xerox of 10th and 12th marksheet
- Aadhar Number
- Transfer Certificate
- Passport Size Photograph