The University College of Engineering Ramanathapuram is a government Institute which was established in 2008. The Institute has been affiliated to Anna University, Chennai and has also been approved by AICTE. It is a co-educational institution that currently offers a five year undergraduate program.
Placement rate of University College of Engineering Ramanathapuram is good as each year 60% to 70% students get placed. Most of the students have been placed in good firms. The college also helps its students to get internships during the break. Some of the top recruiters are EUREKA FORBES, ADOBE, CEAT, ZOHO, WIPRO, and VISA.
Tamil Nadu state government offers scholarships to students that are domicile of the state. Scholarships are offered to the students based on certain criteria. The central government also offers scholarships to the students through the National Scholarship Portal. Education loan facilities can be availed from any private or public sector bank easily.
University College of Engineering, Ramanathapuram, Anna University: Highlights
|Established| Institute Type||2008| Public|
|Approved By||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Set By||Government Of Tamil Nadu|
|Courses Offered||5 courses offered under engineering stream|
|Popular Courses||Bachelor of Electronics and Communication|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based admission test|
|Top Recruiters||Eureka Forbes, Adobe, Ceat, Zoho, Wipro, Visa|
|Campus Area||25 acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Sports|
University College of Engineering, Ramanathapuram, Anna University: Courses Offered
|B.E.||Specializations- Civil Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering (Tamil Medium)
Eligibility: Chemistry, Biotechnology, Technical subject as the third subject, Minimum 50% ( 45% marks for Backward classes, muslims and 40% for SC/ST/DNC) marks in 10+2 boards
Duration: 4 Years
University College of Engineering, Ramanathapuram, Anna University: Admission
The students are selected on the basis of Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission [TNEA] for undergraduate admission in engineering and technology programs in the colleges of Tamil Nadu. The admission to the courses is based on candidates 10+2 marks. The counselling sessions are also conducted by the university.
How To Apply?
1. Candidates must go to the Official Website of the College.
2. Select the “Student Portal / Fees” option on the website.
3. Next, Enter the Registration / Application Number, DOB and click on the login button and set the password.
4. Students must check all the particulars displayed on a web page.
5. After reviewing and confirming all the details are correct, click on the "PAY FEES" option.
6. After clicking "PAY FEES", the user will be requested to select a bank for payment. The user will be redirected to the bank's website for payment.
7. After successful completion of the payment procedure, the candidate can take the receipt of the payment for further reference.
University College of Engineering, Ramanathapuram, Anna University: Facilities
- Hostel: The college hostel has 400 beds each for boys and girls. The hostels are well furnished with clean lavatories and mess to cater to each and every need of the students.
- Library: The College has a spacious library that can accommodate 120 students. There are more than 1,30,000 books on engineering and related fields. Engineering journals can also be accessed from this library.
- Cafeteria: The college has a fully-fledged cafeteria that serves healthy food to the students. The cafeteria is also kept clean and food quality is regularly checked.
University College of Engineering, Ramanathapuram, Anna University: Faculty
The dean of this institution is Dr. T Sekar. Faculty of University College of Engineering Ramanathapuram is very experienced. Majority of the teachers are Ph.D holders in their respective fields. The methodology of teaching here is based on the approach to make students learn the core concepts by making them understand the core concepts. They will also inculcate the practice of learning by doing approach. Teachers are very cooperative and supportive here.
Ques. What is the course curriculum like at UCE, Ramanathapuram?
Ans. The course structure is well-planned and student oriented. The syllabus is designed to make students industry oriented. All the exams are conducted annually. Students have a good opinion about the courses offered at the college. Most students like the course structure and related activities.
Ques. How is the campus life at University College of Engineering Ramanathapuram?
Ans. The Institute holds various informative seminars and the workshops regularly for students and teachers. Apart from that, the university also conducts various activities and college Fests.
Ques. What is the admission criteria at UCE, Ramanathapuram?
Ans. The candidates who seek admission at university college of engineering need to take Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission Test. The admission to the college is based on the 10+2 scorecard.
Ques. How to reach UCE, Ramanathapuram? How do we contact them?
Ans. The address of UCE, Ramanathapuram is:
University College of Engineering, Devipattinam East Coast Road, Pullangudi, Ramanathapuram, Tamil Nadu- 623 513
The Contact details of the College are:
Phone Number: 04567- 260262
Fax Number: 04567- 260263
Email ID- email@example.com
Nearest Railway Station- Ramanathapuram (9kms)
Nearest Airport- Madurai (127 kms)
Ques. How are the placements at University College of Engineering, Ramanathapuram?
Ans. The placement record of the University College of Engineering is good. Each year, 80% to 90% students get placed in reputed multinational companies. The college provides internship opportunities to deserving students. The top recruiters of the Institute are Dell, HCL, HP and Microsoft.