Sri Padmavathi Medical College for Women was founded in 2014 in Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh. It is India’s second government medical college established exclusively for female students. The college is affiliated to Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences. It offers an MBBS course. Admissions to the college is conducted on the basis of the NEET entrance examination.
Shri Padmavathi Medical College for Women Highlights
|Established I College Type||2014 I Public|
|Affiliated to||Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupati|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Campus Area||50 acres|
|Facilities||Library, Hospital, Hostels|
Shri Padmavathi Medical College for Women Courses
|MBBS||Duration: 5.5 years (1 year internship)
Eligibility: 10+2 with PCB and English with minimum 50% marks
Selection Criteria: NEET
Shri Padmavathi Medical College for Women Admissions
Admission to the college is done on the basis of the NEET entrance examination.
How to Apply?
Candidates must apply for NEET counselling conducted by Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences for the admissions process. The college does not conduct its own admissions.
For the application process follow the steps below:
- Register on Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences’s official website
- Fill the form with required details
- Candidates must select their preferred college and course from the available list of colleges and courses
- Next, lock the choices
- Submit the form and download it for future reference
- Once the candidate is allotted a seat, they must visit the allotted college to complete the admission process
- Allotment order generated from MCC, DGHS/ DRNTRUHS
- NEET Hall ticket
- NEET Rank card
- Filled in Application
- SSC / Class 10 marks list
- Intermediate / +2 or equivalent marks list
- Transfer certificate of Inter /+2examination
- Study certificates from class VI to Intermediate / +2 or equivalent
- Caste Certificate
- 4 Passport size photos and 2 stamp size photos
- Copy of Aadhar Card
- Anti-ragging affidavit
Shri Padmavathi Medical College for Women Scholarships
Students from SC/ST/BC/PWD/EBC/minority background can avail scholarship programmes provided by the state and central governments. Some of the scholarships are given below:
- Post-Matric Scholarship for SC, ST, BC and Disabled Welfare Students
- Post-Matric Scholarship for Minority Community Students
- Central Sector Scholarship Scheme for College and University Students
Shri Padmavathi Medical College for Women Facilities
The college caters the following facilities for its students:-
- Hostel: The institute offers hostels with mess facilities to the female students.
- Teaching Hospital: There is a teaching hospital where students can gain practical experience.
- Library: The Central Library has 11,124 medical books, several CDs and DVDs and subscriptions to many journals.
Ques. Is Sri Padmavathi Medical College for Women a good college?
Ans. Shri Padmavathi Medical College for Women is the second government medical college for female students only. It has a well-trained faculty and offers a variety of facilities to the students.
Ques. Does Sri Padmavathi Medical College for Women offer scholarships?
Ans. Students from reserved, minority and economically weaker sections can apply for scholarship schemes provided by the central and state government.
Ques. What is the fee structure for the MBBS course at Sri Padmavathi Medical College for Women?
Ans. The Fee structure is given below:
|Fee Particular||Fee (in Rs.)|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||5,000|
Ques. What was the NEET cut off in 2020?
Ans. The NEET cutoff in given below:
|Category||Round 1||Round 2|
Ques. How is the faculty at Sri Padmavathi Medical College for Women?
Ans. The College possesses a total faculty that is highly educated and experienced staff members. They are versed in the art of teaching medical sciences to the students and create a friendly and supportive environment.