Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences (SVIMS), Tirupati, a multi super specialty hospital with 940 beds, was established in 1993 by TTD and later declared as State University by Govt. of AP through Andhra Pradesh state legislature act (no. 12 of 1995). It was established with an objective of providing service, training, and education in advanced medical sciences and technology, growing as a leading institute in academic, research and health care services. All the programmes of the institute are approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI). The institute is spread over an area of 107.04 acres.
The college provides undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma and doctoral programmes on various disciplines which includes MBBS, MD, DM, MCh, B.Sc., M.Sc., PG Diploma and Ph.D.
The institute offers admission to candidates for MBBS programmes based on NEET (UG) scores, for postgraduate programmes on the basis of NEET (PG) scores and for doctoral programmes NEET SS scores is considered. The counselling for admission into UG, PG & Super specialty courses offered by SVIMS is done through Dr NTRUHS and MCC, DGHS, Govt. of India
SVIMS Tirupati Highlights
|Year of Establishment||1993|
|Mode of Application||Online & Offline|
|Basis of Admission||Merit along with a valid score in the entrance exam|
|Accepted Exams||NEET, AP EAMCET|
|Total Faculty Members||306|
|Location||Alipiri Road, Tirupati - 517 507, Chittoor District, Andhra Pradesh|
|Director||DR. Thanjavur S. Ravikumar|
|Student Intake||250-500 per year|
SVIMS Tirupati Ranking and Achievements
- The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) ranked Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences 72 overall in India in 2019, 77 among universities and 29th in the medical ranking.
- SVIMS has been recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI) since 2003 for conducting various DM, MCh, MD courses.
- SVIMS established Centre for Advanced Research (CfAR) an advanced facility for diagnostic and research.
- In 2006, the Government of India included SVIMS as one of the institutions for up gradation at par with AIIMS, New Delhi.
- SVIMS received Extramural Grants of Rs. 4.35 Cr in 2018
SVIMS Tirupati Courses
The following are details of the popular courses offered by the institute: -
|M.B.B.S.||Duration: 5 years of classroom learning along with 6-month Internship
Eligibility Criteria: 10+2(PCB), with at least 50% marks along with a valid score in NEET UG entrance exam.
|M.D.||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility Criteria: MBBS from any government recognized institution, along with a valid score in NEET PG exam.
Specializations: Anaesthesiology, Biochemistry, Transfusion Medicine, Medicine, Microbiology, Pathology, Radiotherapy, Radio Diagnosis, Emergency Medicine, Nuclear Medicine
|DM||Duration: 3 Years
Specializations: Cardiology, Endocrinology, Medical, Oncology, Nephrology, Neurology
Eligibility: Degree in M.D. / M.S. / PG Medical Diploma with at least 50%
|B.Sc.||Duration: 4 Years
Specializations: Anaesthesia Technology, ECG and Cardiovascular Technology, Medical Lab Technology, Neurophysiology Technology (EEG & ENMG), Radiography & Imaging Technology, Urology Technology, Nuclear Medicine Technology, Dialysis Technology, Cardiac Pulmonary Perfusion Technology, Emergency Medical Services Technology.
Eligibility Criteria: 10+2 with PCB with 45% marks in aggregate.
|BPT||Duration: 4.5 Years
Eligibility: Minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
|MCh||Duration: 3 Years
Specializations: CT Surgery, Urology, Neurosurgery, Surgical GE, Surgical Oncology
Eligibility: Minimum eligibility for the course is an M.B.B.S. with at least one year of internship.
|M.Sc.||Duration: 2 Years
Specializations: Nursing, Dialysis Technology, Echocardiography, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Medical Anatomy, Medical Physiology, Medical Biochemistry, Medical Microbiology, Cardiac Catheterization Intervention.
Eligibility Criteria: B.Sc. in relevant field.
|M.P.T.||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility Criteria: BPT from any government recognized university/institution.
SVIMS Tirupati Admissions
The University offers MBBS at UG, MD at PG and DM/ MCh at Super Specialty (SS) level all under one roof. The institute also offers various courses under the stream of Allied Health & Paramedical Sciences (AHS).
- Admission to B.Sc. (AHS) and BSc (Nursing) is done based on AP EAMCET 2020
- Candidates must apply for NEET UG 2020 conducted by NTA to take admission in MBBS
- DM and MCh admission is based on NEET SS 2020 conducted by NBE
- For MD/MS programmes, admission will be based on the qualifying marks obtained in NEET PG 2020
- Candidates must apply online for the application process of UG, PG and SS entrance exam
- Admission is done strictly based on the score obtained in the entrance exams
- Applicants can apply on the official website of NEET.
How to Apply?
Procedure of filling the Online Application:
- Approach any of the Mee-seva / AP Online centre.
- Enter Aadhaar Number & AP EAMCET-2019 Hall Ticket No, & Caste details. Pay the fee. The data will be automatically captured i.e., Candidate name, Father name, Mother name, Rank, score secured etc.
- Further details about Grade/ Marks secured in intermediate or equivalent shall be filled as per the certificate.
- Other details like Candidate particulars such as Date of Birth (as per SSC), Gender, Category, Special category, Address, Study district details (Class VI to Intermediate) shall be filled as per the certificate to be filled manually
- Uploading of documents:
- Upload photograph and Signature in size less than 1 MB each in .jpg/ jpeg format
- Scanned documents of the following (Size less than 1 MB in PDF format):
- AP EAMCET Rank Card
- Inter marks memo
- Permanent Caste certificate issued through e – seva / Mee-seva
- if applicable: Upload documents of the following (Size less than 1 MB in PDF format):
- Special category certificate – NCC, CAP, PWD (Physically handicapped), TTD/
SVIMS , Other reservation (if applicable).
Read more: SVIMS Tirupati Admission
SVIMS Tirupati Placements
SVIMS provides training and placement programmes. They maintain their own placement cell and job placement to its student efficiency along with the package of 3 lakh and above per annum. Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences offers placement for all undergraduate ad postgraduate programmes. The college admits 597 students to UG programmes and 168 students to PG programmes.
Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences Placement Highlights 2019: -
- PG (3 years) programmes placed a total of 42 students in 2018
- 3 students selected for higher studies
- Median salary package offered to PG students was Rs 5.52 LPA
Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences Placement Trends: -
In 2015-18 batch, a total of 52 students admitted to PG (3 years) programmes, out of which 42 students got placed during campus placement. Apart from this, 3 students got selected for higher studies. Given below are the placement trends of PG (3 years) programmes in the previous years.
Click here SVIMS Tirupati Placement
SVIMS Tirupati Facilities
Library: There is a well established separate library building in 45,000 sq.ft. available in SVIMS Campus with good collection of books (11583+) and subscription of foreign and Indian journals (150). The library has back volume journal collection from the year 1993. The Library is well equipped with modern facilities such as e-learning to access internet and web resources including online journals and e-books. All library services are being automated on modern line by adopting KOHA Library Automation Software. The computerization of collections is under process which will be accessible through OPAC.
Accommodation: Hostel provided for both girls and boys. Student from distant place is given more preference on first come first served basis. Hostel is well furnished for students to accommodate more than 500 students.
AHA’s International Training Centre: This Centre has been developed to educate the people regarding the treatment and prevention of cardiovascular diseases. This centre was developed with the objective of minimizing the death rates occurring due cardiac arrests including strokes.
Labs: furnished labs with latest gazette.
Canteen: Fresh hygienic stuffs provided with mess facility.
WIFI: Seamless internet and free Wi-Fi connection in college premises.
Sports and Games: Indoor and outdoor games are indulged.
SVIMS Tirupati Faculty
The institute is blessed with highly experienced and well qualified set of faculty. The professors give their best to provide maximum knowledge to the students and help them with the challenges faced during the course. Dr B. Vengamma, the First-ever Woman Director cum Vice-Chancellor of SVIMS (2009-2015) took charge as Director cum Vice-Chancellor of SVIMS on 30th August, 2019. Dr Vengamma, Senior Professor and Head, Department of Neurology, did her DM (Neurology) at the prestigious NIMHANS, Bangalore and distinguished herself to be the ‘Best outgoing Student’. Dr.Vengamma started the Department of Neurology at SVIMS, Tirupati in 1992. She teaches the postgraduates in DM (Neurology), MCh(Neurosurgery), MD(Medicine), PhD and has been an examiner on boards of several prestigious universities including NIMHANS, Bengaluru and has been MCI Assessor for DM Neurology. Dr. Vengamma is recognized as an innovative researcher, has several ongoing research projects.
The faculty members are extra-ordinary in their respective fields and their teaching is at a level more than average. Some of the faculty members are:
Dr. V.Subhadra Devi
- Professor & Head, Department Of Anatomy
- Qualification - M.S.
- Academic Experience - 30 Years
Dr. J.Vasudeva Reddy
- Professor, Department Of Anatomy
- Qualification - M.S.
Dr. Abha Chandra
- Professor & Head, Department Of Cardio Thoracic & Vascular
- Qualification - M.S., M.Ch., D.N.B.
Dr. Alladi Mohan
- Professor & Head, Department Of Medicine
- Qualification - M.D.
Also check SVIMS Tirupati Faculty
SVIMS Tirupati FAQs
Ques. Which documents are required at the time of counselling at Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences?
- Provisional allotment order issued by MCC, DGHS for AIQ category.
Provisional Admission order issued by Dr NTRUHS for state category.
- NEET PG -2020 Admit card
- NEET PG – 2020 Rank card
- 10th class /SSC Marks certificate
- Intermediate (+2) certificate
- MBBS degree certificate (Provisional / Original)
- MBBS consolidated marks memo
- Certificate of Internship
- Medical Council Registration Certificate
- Transfer / Migration certificate of MBBS.
- Study & Conduct certificates of MBBS
- Integrated permanent community certificate for SC/ST/BC categories.
- Photocopy of Aadhar card
- Photocopy of PAN card
Ques. Is there any reservation criteria for students at Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences?
Ques. What is the admission process of super specialty programmes at Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences?
Ques. What is the seat intake for super specialty courses (DM/MCh) at SVIMS Tirupati?
Ques. What is the admission process for PG programmes at Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences?