School of Education, Apeejay Stya University, operational in the year 2014, endeavors to be a global leader in the field of teacher education and teacher development programs. Its motto is to prepare teachers who should not only be proficient in their subject knowledge and pedagogy but create an everlasting impact on the students by preparing them to effectively face the national and global challenges in their future life.
SoE Gurgaon comes under the aegis of Apeejay Stya University. It offers undergraduate, integrated and doctorate programs in the discipline of Education. The activities of the School are rooted in its four broad domains: The Innovative Degree/ Certification, Curriculum Development and Assessment, Training Hub and Educational Leadership.
ASU School of Education Highlights
|Affiliated to||ASU Gurgaon|
|Courses Offered||UG, Integrated Course & Ph.D|
|Application Mode||Online & Offline|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Lab, Sports, Medical Centre, Transportation, etc|
|Location||Apeejay Stya University,
Sohna - Palwal Road,
Sohna - 122103, Gurugram, Haryana
ASU School of Education Awards
- Awarded for “Best Program in Teacher Education at 27th B-School Affaire & Dewang Mehta National Education Awards 2019.
- CSR Excellence in Education Award 2018’ by Competition Success Review.
- Recognized as ‘Best University in North India for Industry Interface 2018’ by Centre for Education Growth and Research.
- ‘Best Research University' (North) Award by EdTechReview, in 2018.
ASU School of Education Courses
SoE Gurgaon UG, Integrated and Ph.D. Courses in the discipline of Education. Tabulated below are the details for the same:
|B.Ed||Education||Bachelors or Master’s degree in Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities or Commerce with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks OR Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks|
|B.Sc B.Ed||-||10+2 in Science or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks|
|B.A B.Ed||-||10+2 in Commerce/ Arts with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks|
Check: SoE Gurgaon Courses and Fees
ASU School of Education Admission
Interested candidates can use both online and offline modes to apply for admission to the institute:
Step 1: Visit the official website of the institute and click on ‘Apply Now Admission’.
Step 2: Read the instructions and click on ‘Apply Now’.
Step 3: Fill the application form with all the required details and pay the application fee via Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Transfer.
Step 4: Save the application for future reference.
Step 1: Visit the official website of the institute and go to the ‘Offline Application Form’.
Step 2: Download the application form and fill with all the required details.
Step 3: Pay the application fee through Demand Draft drawn in favor of ‘Apeejay Stya Education Foundation’, payable at Delhi.
Step 4: Submit the form along with DD to the admission office.
ASU School of Education Placement
ASU School of Education Gurgaon has a placement cell that bridges a gap between industry and students. The institute has a team of dedicated, committed, and competent placement cells that are dedicated to providing students with proper professional training and placement opportunities among some of the most reputed companies and prestigious organizations. The institute has a 100% placement record and attributes students placements in institutions.
ASU School of Education Facilities
The institute provides a number of modern facilities and state of the art infrastructure to its students. Some of the offered provisions are as follows:
- Library: Library has a collection of over 50,000 books related to different fields like Engineering, Management, Biosciences, Pharmaceuticals, Mass Communication, etc. The library has a rich collection of printed as well as electronic resources which include books, journals, databases, CDs/ DVDs, e-journals, PhD thesis, project reports, etc. The Library is fully automated and the entire Library collection is made available through the University’s network.
- Health Centre: There are three medical rooms to provide first aid on the campus: A medical room with three beds on campus, a medical room with two beds in Boys Hostel and a Medical room with one bed in Girls Hostel.
- Transport Facilities: ASU provides its students with transport facility from key pick-up points, Good connectivity from Delhi - NCR.
Check: SoE Gurgaon Hostel Fees
ASU School of Education FAQs
Ques. Does the institute provide scholarships?
Ans. ASU offers several scholarships and financial aid programs on the merit-cum-means basis to students. These are available to students who have achieved certain minimum performance standards in competitive examinations (or qualifying examinations) or to students who are genuinely unable to meet their higher education expenses. The admission committee and financial aid committee evaluates each candidate on a case-by-case basis.
Ques. What are the career options for B.Ed graduates?
Ans. The career options for B.Ed graduates are as follows:
- Teacher in upper primary and secondary schools in India and overseas
- Instructional designer in Publishing House
- NGOs working in the education sector
- Entrepreneurship in the education sector (establishing a school, coaching institution)
- Scope for further postgraduate studies
- Any position which requires graduation as eligibility
Ques. Can I be employed during my course?
Ans. No, these are full-time programs. You will not be able to take on any paid employment through the duration of the program.