Government Polytechnic Latehar (GP Latehar) situated in Latehar, Jharkhand was founded on 1994. It is approved by AICTE and affiliated to DTE of Jharkhand state. The college offers four diploma courses in the engineering stream.
- Admission is entirely online and is based on ranking secured in Jharkhand Polytechnic Entrance Competitive Examination (Jharkhand PECE or Jharkhand Polytechnic).
- Scholarships are awarded to SC /ST and OBC students based on merit and reservations.
- There is no scope for placement here but there is an option of getting the scholarships while in study.
- The forms for it can be filled online and offline at http://www.jstcdc.org.in/scholarship_scheme.php.
GP Latehar Highlights
|Established | Institute type||1994 | Public|
|Set by||DTE, Jharkhand|
|Entrance Exam||Jharkhand Polytechnic (Jharkhand PECE)|
|Courses Offered||Diploma level courses|
|Facilities Available||Library, Laboratories, Computer Lab, Sports Facilities, and Hostel, etc.|
GP Latehar Courses
The college offers four full-time courses in the engineering stream as detailed below.
|Civil, Computer Science, Electrical, and Mechanical Engineering||3 years||Pass in 10 examination by scoring a minimal of 35% marks from any recognized board of study|
Read More GP Latehar Courses and Fees
GP Latehar Admission
Admission to the diploma courses is entirely online primarily depending upon the state polytechnic entrance exam- Jharkhand PECE. Eligibility for writing the exam and counselling is based on marks obtained in 10th- grade examinations.
- Candidates need to register for Jharkhand PECE at http://jceceb.cbtexam.in/Home/ListofExam.aspx
- Pay the registration fees.
- After registration, candidates are required to fill in with the necessary details.
- If qualified in the entrance test, the candidates need to register for counselling.
- Candidates need to upload the required documents online for counselling.
- Fill in the choices based on the marks obtained in the entrance exam, merit rank, and their preference.
- Select “Government Polytechnic Latehar” as per your eligibility.
- Candidates are allotted with colleges based on the merit rank, filled choices, cut-off, and availability of seats.
- Candidates can wait for further rounds of counselling to get allotted with a college of their choice.
- Results, Cut-off/ranking, and Counselling should be periodically checked.
- Manual verification of documents is done at the allotted college and prescribed fees has to be remitted.
The fees for one semester are given below.
|Fee Details||Amount (INR)|
|Institute Caution Money||200|
|Identity Card (only one semester)||50|
GP Latehar Facilities
Following are the facilities present at the college to cater to student and faculty needs.
- Library- The college library has vast collection of academic resources with around 9449 books and hardcopies of several journals.
- Labs- Various labs such as Civil Engineering Lab, Electronics Lab, and Mechanical Lab are made available to the students to ensure the grasp of all the technical skills that are taught throughout the span of the course.
- Sports Facilities- The college make sure that all the students participate in various indoor as well as the outdoor games by offering them with the enough of space for holding them.
- Computer Lab- The institution offers a computer lab comprising of several personal computers with high-speed internet facility to ensure the smooth web surf and resources access.
- Cafeteria- There is a cafeteria to spend the free time if any and it offers the students with snacks and beverages at a best possible rate.
GP Latehar FAQs
Ques. What are the accommodation facilities at GP Latehar?
Ans. There is a separate hostel for both boys and girls in the institution. It has accommodation capacity of around 200 for each hostel available for boys and girls.
Ques. What documents are the required during admission and counselling process towards the candidates getting his/ her admission at GP Latehar?
Ans. Photograph (5 numbers passport size), Jharkhand PECE rank card & admit card, Seat allotment certificate, Migration Certificate, Age proof certificate, Pass certificate and mark sheet/Grade card, Medical fitness certificate, ST/SC/OBC/PH Certificate (if applicable), and Income certificate are the important documents needed while getting admitted.
Ques. What are the placement opportunities available for the diploma students of GP Latehar?
Ans. There is no specific placements cell yet, but lecturers do help students in their training and interviews, etc. by providing them with applicable references to get place in the top companies in the city/ state.
Ques. What is the seat intake for the courses offered at GP Latehar?
Ans. The intake approved by the college and state Government for each full-time diploma courses offered here is 60 seats.
Ques. How many lecturers are there in GP Latehar?
Ans. There are five lecturers currently serving at the college who are well trained and experienced. They also undergo periodical Faculty Development Programs.