Established in the year 2016, Santiniketan Polytechnic was formed with the approval from AICTE, New Delhi to conduct a Diploma in Engineering Institute from the Academic Session 2016-2017 by the promoting body National School of Management Studies-Durgapur Chapter. It is situated beside the steel township of Durgapur and hence enjoys various infrastructural facilities.
The institute is located at Kamalpur, Durgapur- 4, with a ten minutes distance from NH-2. The campus is spread over a land area of about 9 acres. It offers four diploma courses in one steam.
The college gives the best environment to study in with various facilities like airy rooms, well-ventilated laboratories, library and many more.
Santiniketan Polytechnic Highlights
|Name of institute||Santiniketan Polytechnic|
|Total Courses||4 courses across 1 stream|
|Campus area||9 acres|
|Facilities available||Labs, Hostels, Library, etc.|
|Top recruiters||Talbros, Marugo, LT, Zauba corp, etc.|
Santiniketan Polytechnic Courses
The college offers four Diploma courses. Lateral entry and admission through management quota is also applicable for these courses.The details are given below:
Santiniketan Polytechnic Admission Process
Admission is given on the basis of the marks scored by the candidates in JEXPO/ VOCLET examinations conducted by West Bengal for admission to Polytechnic Colleges. JEXPO is for first year admissions and VOCLET is for lateral entry level candidates.
How to Apply?
- The candidates can apply online by filling the form.
- The candidates should appear in the exam.
- After qualifying the exam, the students would be called for the counseling sessions.
- Based on the procedure students will be given admission with necessary documents and finally fee payment.
Documents required are:
The two sets of attested copies of the following documents are required for the admission process.
- Age proof Certificate / Madhyamik Admit Card Mark sheet
- Transfer Certificate (Original)
- School leaving Certificate/character certificate
- Caste and Valid Certificate for SC / ST / OBC
- Original Migration Certificate (if applicable)
- Two passport size & three stamp size color Photographs
- Eligibility Certificate issued by the Secretary, West Bengal State Council of Technical & Vocational Education and Skill Development, (for students of other states)
Santiniketan Polytechnic Placements
The Training and Placement Cell conducts various training programs for the students of all semesters with the help of in-house experts and experts from professional agencies. The activities have proved exceptionally important in developing career opportunities for the students. Several career guidance programs, reasoning tests, aptitude tests, puzzle-solving, group discussions, mock interviews, brainstorming sessions, sharing the experiences and communication skills, etc., are conducted on a frequent basis. In order to motivate and enhance the personality of students, several HRD training programs are also organized regularly.
The top recruiters of the company are Talbros, Marugo, LT, Zauba corp, Caparpo, HTL Ltd., Faurecia, Dell, Banco, and Valeo.
Santiniketan Polytechnic Faculty
Arindam Pattanayak is the Principal of the college with a great vision for his students. The faculty is well educated and does best for its students. The faculty here gives both technical advice on live engineering problems and takes students in various industrial visits. The faculties give their best effort so that the student can raise himself /herself as a well skilled and well established person in future.
Santiniketan Polytechnic Facilities
Santiniketan Polytechnic college has the best infrastructure and provide many facilities like:
- Library: Santiniketan Polytechnic library has a collection of engineering related information and resources aimed at students and professionals alike. It contains a variety of articles on a number of different subjects, as well as information on some of the world’s greatest engineering achievements, biographies of famous Engineers. The students increase their vocabulary power and level of information through such books.
- Internet Facilities: Students are provided with internet facilities for their academic interests and inquiries.
- Laboratory/Workshop: The laboratories and workshops are well equipped as well as spacious. There is huge scope to gather practical knowledge for the students by the arrangements available as per the syllabus.
- Personality Development Cell: Students will be given personality development skill programs with Computer learning, Development of communicative approach in the English language, Development of reasoning abilities, Scope of extra-curricular activities, Mock interviews and Special remedial & complimentary tutorial classes from 6 p.m to 10 p.m.
- Hostel facilities: Boys and Girls Hostels are separately located in the college premises with hygienic rooms and toilet facilities.
- Sports & Cultural Activities: Arrangements for various types of games and sports activities are available for the overall development of the students. Infrastructure for outdoor and indoor games will help the students to improve physical fitness.
- Transportation: At the SP campus, students are provided with transport facilities.
Santiniketan Polytechnic FAQs
Ques. What is the training procedure by the placement cell of Santiniketan Polytechnic?
Ans. The training procedure by the placement cell is mentioned below:
- Campus recruitment
- Training Session
- Lessoning with industries
Ques. Is Santiniketan Polytechnic a government college?
Ans. No, Santiniketan Polytechnic isa private college in West Bengal, India. It was established by National School of Management Studies-Durgapur Chapter, society registered under the West Bengal Act XXVI of 1961.
Ques. What are the hostel fees for Santiniketan Polytechnic?
Ans. The Hostel fee is INR 3500 per month with numerous facilities available for the students. It is quite affordable and mess facilities are also available at Santiniketan Polytechnic.
Ques. Is there any scholarship available at Santiniketan Polytechnic College?
Ans. No, there are no scholarships available at the Santiniketan Polytechnic as the fees are very nominal. However scholarships for Sc/ST are prevalent under government norms.
Ques. Are there any seminars organized for the students at Santiniketan Polytechnic College?
Ans. Yes, many seminars, workshops, and special lectures are regularly organized at Santiniketan Polytechnic with industrial experts, professional associates, and technical societies to familiarize the students with the latest demands of the industry.