Table of Contents
JEXPO 2020 Exam Date(Postponed), Application Form, Eligibility, Pattern and Syllabus
JEXPO 2020 has been postponed due to extention in the countrywide lockdown in wake of COVID-19 pandemic. Previously the exam was scheduled to be held on April 26, 2020. Revised dates will be notified soon.JEXPO is a qualifying joint entrance exam for admission to Polytechnic Diploma in Engineering offered by Government Institutions and Private Institutions in State West Bengal.
Latest: JEXPO 2020 Application Process has been extended until April 15, 2020, earlier the last date to register was March 31, 2020.
- The duration of the paper is 2 Hours for each Test Paper.
- Paper-I and Paper-II, both in totality, consist of 200 objective type questions; 100 questions in each Test Paper.
- Paper-I is for Mathematics, whereas Paper-II is divided into 2 sections; Section-A for Physics and Section-B is for Chemistry.
Check About JEXPO 2020 Result
JEXPO 2020 Exam Highlights
|Date of JEXPO 2020 Exam||April 26, 2020(Postponed)|
|Conducting Body||West Bengal State Council of Technical Education, Department of Government of West Bengal|
|Mode of JEXPO 2020 Exam||Offline Pen Paper Based Test|
|Medium of JEXPO 2020 Exam||English, Bengali|
|Duration of JEXPO 2020 Exam||02 Hours (120 Minutes) for each Paper Total – 04 hours|
|Type and Number of Questions||Objective Type Questions|
Paper-I – 100 questions
Paper-II – 100 questions
|Sections||Paper-II - 2 sections|
(Section-A – Physics &
Section-B – Chemistry)
|Course Offered||Polytechnic Diploma in Engineering|
JEXPO 2020 Exam Dates
JEXPO 2020 official dates are yet to release. Candidates may follow the tentative schedule for the examination given below:
|JEXPO 2020 Application Form Availability||January 2, 2020|
|Last date of Submission of JEXPO 2020 Online Application Form||April 15, 2020|
|Last date of Submission of JEXPO 2020 Offline Application Form||April 15, 2020|
|JEXPO 2020 Admit Card Availability||April 2020|
|JEXPO 2020 Exam||April 26, 2020(Postponed)|
|Declaration of Result for JEXPO 2020||1st week of June 2020|
|Counselling Registration||3rd week of June 2020|
JEXPO 2020 Eligibility
The basis of Eligibility is Academic Qualification, Age Limit, Residential Status of the candidates. Eligibility for JEXPO 2020 differs as per the Category of the Candidates. The requirement is as follows:
- Candidate must have passed class 10 with English, Physical Science and Mathematics as a compulsory subject from any recognised Board for Secondary Education
- Minimum marks should be 35 % in aggregate
- Candidate must be Indian National
- Candidate must be born before July 1, 2003.
- No upper limit age is defined
JEXPO 2020 Application Form
Application Form for JEXPO 2020 is available from January 2 – April 15, 2020. JEXPO 2020 Application Form will have to be obtained and submitted through Online Mode and Offline Mode.
- Begin with online registration on official website for JEXPO 2020 i.e. wbscte.org.
- Before proceeding to filling up application form for JEXPO 2020, applicant must arrange soft copies of Passport Size Self Photograph and Signature.
- Applicant is also advised to ensure that he / she fulfils eligibility criteria prescribed for the degree programme applying for admission.
- JEXPO 2020 application fee for offline mode is INR 500/- and INR 250/- for female applicants and for online mode is INR 450/- and INR 225/- for female applicants. Bank changes are not included in the fee and will have to be borne by the candidate as per the bank norms.
- Offline application form will be available in Government and Private Polytechnic and ITI Institutions / Colleges.
- Candidate will have to fill in Application Form as OMR Sheet carefully.
- Offline Form will have to be submitted to the same college from where it was received.
- Other processes are same as online application form process.
JEXPO 2020 Admit Card
Admit Card for JEXPO 2020 will available on official website portal i.e. wbscte.org. Admit card will not be sent to the candidates via any other channel, it has to be downloaded from the official website as given below:
How to Download JEXPO 2020 Admit Card
- Go to the official website- wbscte.org
- Look for ‘Admit Card for JEXPO 2020’ link and Click on it
- Applicant Login Form will open
- Login with Login Id (Application Number) and Password (as given after Registration)
- Click on Submit
- Admit Card will appear on screen, download it and take 2-3 printed copies of it.
JEXPO 2020 Exam Pattern
- It is an offline Pen Paper Based Test, duration of which is 02 hours.
- JEXPO 2020 comprises two (02) test papers, which have 200 multiple-choice questions.
- Maximum marks are 200 and each correct answer earns one (1) mark. Negative marking scheme is not applicable in JEXPO 2020.
- The test papers will be based on 03 subjects. Each Paper has distinct numbers of questions and weightage.
Mathematics (100 questions)
Section A: Physics (50 questions)
Section B: Chemistry (50 questions)
JEXPO 2020 Syllabus
Syllabus for JEXPO 2020 consists of 2 test papers and each test paper has weightage on the basis of marks. Equal marks are allotted to each question. Standard of contents of syllabus will be as per class 10. Syllabus for JEXPO 2020 entrance exam as is as follows:
Pattern of Questions Paper and Standard of Questions in JEXPO 2020
Basic components for Syllabus of JEXPO 2020
|Paper Parts:||Name of the Section Topics||Max. Question||Max. Marks||Weightage|
JEXPO 2020 Result
JEXPO 2020 Result will be announced in the month of June 2020 at its official website of JEXPO i.e. www.wbscte.org.
How to Download JEXPO 2020 Result
Steps by step guidelines for downloading JEXPO 2020 Result are as follows:
- Visit wbscte.org
- Click on “JEXPO 2020 Result” link.
- Fill in Login details- Roll number and Password
- Result as a Total Marks obtained in each subject will show in the form of Scorecard
- Download Scorecard
JEXPO 2020 Counselling
Admission will be finalised on the basis of centralised Counselling process to be conducted by West Bengal State Council of Technical Education. There will be 4 phases of counselling rounds.
- Candidate will have to Register for Admission Process
- Login with the enrolment number and password provided during registration for JEXPO 2020
- Provide Personal Information and register
- Go to Choice Filling Section and Select Institute and Branch giving preferences
- There is no maximum limit for choices and auto-up-gradation option can also be taken
- Lock choices and take printout.
- On the basis of locked choices, candidates will be allotted seats.
Documents Required During Counselling
- Seal Allotment Letter
- Printout of Registration Form for Admission
- Mark sheets certificate of S.S.C. or Equivalent from the Board of Secondary Education / CBSE / ICSC as the case may be.
- Admit Card of Class 10th examination
- Admit Card and Score Card for JEXPO 2020
- Aadhaar Card / Passport / Voter ID / or School ID issued by competent authority
- Domicile / Bonafide Certificate
- Migration Certificate from the University / Board of last attended if required
- SC / ST / Physically Handicapped certificate from the competent authority for the respective reserved category
- Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended
- Medical Fitness Certificate in prescribed Form
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College