JEXPO 2019: Dates, Eligibility, Application Form, Pattern & Syllabus
JEXPO 2019 is a qualifying joint entrance exam for admission to Polytechnic Diploma in Engineering offered by Government Institutions and Private Institutions in State West Bengal. The exam will be held on April 29, 2019 through offline mode
- JEXPO 2019 Application Form is performed through online and offline modes.
- The entire process of admission will go on until the end of July after the completion of Counselling.
- Duration of the paper is 2 Hours for each Test Paper.
- Paper-I and Paper-II, both in totality, consist of 200 objective type questions; 100 questions in each Test Paper.
- Paper-I is for Mathematics, whereas Paper-II is divided into 2 sections; Section-A for Physics and Section-B is for Chemistry.
- Result for JEXPO 2019 will be declared on May 18, 2019, on official
- Counselling will start after the declaration of Result, in 1st week of June 2019. There will be 4 phases of counselling rounds.
- By the end of 2nd week of July 2019, admission process will be over for Polytechnic Diploma Program.
JEXPO 2019 Exam Highlights
|Date of JEXPO||Last week of April 2019|
|Conducting Body||West Bengal State Council of Technical Education, Department of Government of West Bengal|
|Mode of JEXPO||Offline Pen Paper Based Test|
|Medium of JEXPO||English, Bengali|
|Duration of JEXPO||02 Hours (120 Minutes) for each Paper Total – 04 hours|
|Type and Number of Questions||Objective Type Questions|
Paper-I – 100 questions
Paper-II – 100 questions
|Sections||Paper-II - 2 sections|
(Section-A – Physics &
Section-B – Chemistry)
|Course Offered||Polytechnic Diploma in Engineering|
JEXPO 2019 Exam Dates
JEXPO 2019 is scheduled for the fourth week of April 2019. The application forms will be available in first week of January 2019. Following are the dates relevant to JEXPO 2019. Note that these dates are tentative and are subject to change.
|JEXPO 2019 Application Form Availability||January 29, 2019|
|Last date of Submission of JEXPO 2019 Online Application Form||March 05, 2019|
|Last date of Submission of JEXPO 2019 Offline Application Form||March 05, 2019|
|JEXPO 2019 Admit Card Availability||April 02, 2019|
|JEXPO 2019 Exam||April 29, 2019|
|Declaration of Result for JEXPO 2019||May 18, 2019|
|Counselling Registration and Choice filling||1st week of June 2019|
|Last Date for Registration and Choice filling||2nd week of June 2019|
|1st Seat Allotment Round||Mid June 2019|
|Admission and Seat Booking of 1st Round||3rd week of June 2019|
|2nd Seat Allotment Round||3rd-4th week of June 2019|
|Admission and Seat Booking of 2nd Round||4th week of June 2019|
|3rd Seat Allotment Round||29-30th June 2019|
|Admission and Seat Booking of 3rd Round||Upto 1st week of July 2019|
|4th Seat Allotment Round||2nd week of July 2019|
|Admission and Seat Booking of 4th Round||2nd week of July 2019|
JEXPO 2019 Eligibility
The basis of Eligibility is Academic Qualification, Age Limit, Residential Status of the candidates. Eligibility for JEXPO 2019 differs as per the Category of the Candidates. The requirement is as follows:
- Candidate must have passed class 10 with English, Physical Science and Mathematics as a compulsory subject from any recognised Board for Secondary Education
- Minimum marks should be 35 % in aggregate
- Candidate must be Indian National
- Candidate must be born before July 1, 2003.
- No upper limit age is defined
JEXPO 2019 Application Form
Application Form for JEXPO 2019 will be available from January 2019. JEXPO 2019 Application Form will have to be obtained and submitted through Online Mode and Offline Mode.
- Begin with online registration on official website for JEXPO 2019 i.e. www.wbscte.org.
- Before proceeding to filling up application form for JEXPO 2019, applicant must arrange soft copies of Passport Size Self Photograph and Signature.
- Applicant is also advised to ensure that he / she fulfils eligibility criteria prescribed for the degree programme applying for admission.
- JEXPO 2019 application fee for offline mode is INR 500/- and INR 250/- for female applicants and for online mode is INR 450/- and INR 225/- for female applicants. Bank changes are not included in the fee and will have to be borne by the candidate as per the bank norms.
- Offline application form will be available in Government and Private Polytechnic and ITI Institutions / Colleges.
- Candidate will have to fill in Application Form as OMR Sheet carefully.
- Offline Form will have to be submitted to the same college from where it was received.
- Other processes are same as online application form process.
JEXPO 2019 Admit Card
Admit Card for JEXPO 2019 will be available on official website portal i.e. www.wbscte.org. Admit card will not be sent to the candidates via any other channel, it has to be downloaded from the official website as given below:
How to Download JEXPO 2019 Admit Card
- Go to the official website- www.wbscte.org
- Look for ‘Admit Card for JEXPO 2019’ link and Click on it
- Applicant Login Form will open
- Login with Login Id (Application Number) and Password (as given after Registration)
- Click on Submit
- Admit Card will appear on screen, download it and take 2-3 printed copies of it.
JEXPO 2019 Exam Pattern
JEXPO 2019 will be conducted in the 4th week of April 2019.
- It is an offline Pen Paper Based Test, duration of which is 02 hours.
- JEXPO 2019 comprises two (02) test papers, which have 200 multiple-choice questions.
- Maximum marks are 200 and each correct answer earns one (1) mark. Negative marking scheme is not applicable in JEXPO 2019.
- The test papers will be based on 03 subjects. Each Paper has distinct numbers of questions and weightage.
Mathematics (100 questions)
Section A: Physics (50 questions)
Section B: Chemistry (50 questions)
JEXPO 2019 Syllabus
Syllabus for JEXPO 2019 consists of 2 test papers and each test paper has weightage on the basis of marks. Equal marks are allotted to each question. Standard of contents of syllabus will be as per class 10.
Syllabus for JEXPO 2019 entrance exam as is as follows:
Pattern of Questions Paper and Standard of Questions in JEXPO 2019
Basic components for Syllabus of JEXPO 2019
|Paper Parts:||Name of the Section Topics||Max. Question||Max. Marks||Weightage|
JEXPO 2019 Result
JEXPO 2019 Result will be announced on May 18, 2019 at its official website of JEXPO i.e. www.wbscte.org.
How to Download JEXPO 2019 Result
Steps by step guidelines for downloading JEXPO 2019 Result are as follows:
- Visit www.wbscte.org
- Click on “JEXPO 2019 Result” link.
- Fill in Login details- Roll number and Password
- Result as a Total Marks obtained in each subject will show in the form of Scorecard
- Download Scorecard
JEXPO 2019 Counselling
Admission will be finalised on the basis of centralised Counselling process to be conducted by West Bengal State Council of Technical Education. There will be 4 phases of counselling rounds.
- Candidate will have to Register for Admission Process
- Login with the enrolment number and password provided during registration for JEXPO 2019
- Provide Personal Information and register
- Go to Choice Filling Section and Select Institute and Branch giving preferences
- There is no maximum limit for choices and auto-up-gradation option can also be taken
- Lock choices and take printout.
- On the basis of locked choices, candidates will be allotted seats.
Documents Required During Counselling
- Seal Allotment Letter
- Printout of Registration Form for Admission
- Mark sheets certificate of S.S.C. or Equivalent from the Board of Secondary Education / CBSE / ICSC as the case may be.
- Admit Card of Class 10th examination
- Admit Card and Score Card for JEXPO 2019
- Aadhaar Card / Passport / Voter ID / or School ID issued by competent authority
- Domicile / Bonafide Certificate
- Migration Certificate from the University / Board of last attended if required
- SC / ST / Physically Handicapped certificate from the competent authority for the respective reserved category
- Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended
- Medical Fitness Certificate in prescribed Form
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College