Jnan Chandra Ghosh Polytechnic was established in 1959 in Kolkata. Theinstitute is affiliated to the WBSCTE and approved by AICTE and PCI. Jnan Chandra Ghosh Polytechnic provides diploma courses in engineering and pharmacy streams across a total of 5 specializations. All the courses are full-time and admissions are done on the basis of the entrance exam for all courses. The list of students received from JEXPO for diploma in engineering and CET for diploma in pharmacy decides the admission for the candidate.
Jnan Chandra Ghosh Polytechnic, Kolkata Highlights
The following are the key highlights of Jnan Chandra Ghosh Polytechnic:
|Established | Institute Type||1959 | Government|
|Approved by||AICTE, PCI|
|Affiliated to||West Bengal State Council of Technical Education|
|Entrance Exam||JEXPO, CET|
|Courses Offered||Diploma courses across 2 streams|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance based|
|Top Recruiters||Ashok Leyland, CMRI, NTPC, NHPC|
|Campus Area||5.4 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, Transport, Labs, Sports Complex|
|Official Website||JCG Polytechnic Kolkata|
Jnan Chandra Ghosh Polytechnic, Kolkata Courses
The Institute offers diploma courses in engineering and pharmacy. Below mentioned are the details:
|Diploma in Engineering||
|Diploma in Pharmacy||
Jnan Chandra Ghosh Polytechnic, Kolkata Admissions
- Candidates are selected on the basis of JEXPO entrance exam for admissions to diploma in engineering while there is another entrance exam for D.Pharm admissions, namely, CET.
- The selected students will be called for Counselling where the admission process of the candidates can be ended.
How to apply?
- Visit the official website of WBSCTE.
- Click on the ‘Student Section’ and then on ‘Student Registration’.
- Click on the UG Registration link of the course you want to get admitted.
- Next, upload all the required documents and information.
- Check all the details carefully and submit the application form.
Also, admissions through offline mode are available. For that, candidates need to collect the form from the administrative office of the institute and fill the form and make necessary payment. Submit all the required documents at the following address.
The Administrative Officer,
Jnan Chandra Ghosh Polytechnic,
7, Mayurbhanj Rd,
Kolkata, West Bengal-700023.
- Original Admit Card
- Original 10th Marksheet and Certificate
- Passport Size Photograph
- Caste Certificate
Jnan Chandra Ghosh Polytechnic, Kolkata Placements
The Infrastructure of the Training and Placement Cell of JCGP is well-equipped in terms of seminars, Presentations, and many more. The guidance of the cell helps in placing the students in better companies. The Placement Officer of the Institute is Mr. Jitpal Roy. There are as many as 75 companies who recruit many students from the institute such as L&T Company, Ashok Leyland, CMRI, NTPC, NHPC, LT, Apollo Hospitals, BSNL, CPWD, KMC, KMDA and many more.
The Placement record for 2019-20 is shown below:
|Branch||Companies Visited||Students Placed||Lowest Package offered (INR)||Highest Package offered (INR)|
|Diploma in Civil Engineering||12||27||0.7 LPA||2.4 LPA|
|Diploma in Mechanical Engineering||24||17||0.7 LPA||2.6 LPA|
|Diploma in Electrical Engineering||21||21||0.7 LPA||2.6 LPA|
|Diploma in Electronics and Tele-communication||16||08||0.7 LPA||2.5 LPA|
|Diploma in Pharmacy||02||26||1.2 LPA||1.7 LPA|
Jnan Chandra Ghosh Polytechnic, Kolkata Scholarships
Below mentioned are some scholarships provided to the students:
- Post-Matric Scholarship Schemes for Minorities CS
- Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship
- Financial Assistance for Education to the Wards of BEEDI/CINE/IOMC/LSDM Post-Matric
- Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College and University Students
Jnan Chandra Ghosh Polytechnic, Kolkata Facilities
There are many facilities provided by JCGP mentioned below:
- Library: JCGP has its well-equipped library with 30830 books and 3 Journals and the Library has a good arrangement of seats for at least 60 students.
- Laboratories: JCGP provides 29 lab facilities for the students.
- Food Court: Food Court at JCGP is a well-designed canteen. It supplies hygienic snacks and eatables.
- Sports Complex: JCGP provides a sports complex. The fitness of students is always a special call for the institute. Students are encouraged to participate in Sports competitions in leading institutes.
- Hostel: There is only one hostel for 300 students which provides all the facilities of cafeteria, Wi-Fi connectivity, medical and sports facilities for the students.
- Transport:JCGP provides Transport Facilities to the Students so that The Students can be transported easily from their home to the Institute.
Jnan Chandra Ghosh Polytechnic, Kolkata FAQs
Ques. Which companies visited JCGP for the campus placements and what was the highest package offered?
Ans. There are plenty of decent companies who visited JCGP for recruitment. Of the whole list of companies, here are the few: Larsen & Toubro, Frank Ross, Amec Foster Wheeler, Cipla, Shapoorji Pallonji, ITC, Apollo Hospitals, and many more. The highest package offered according to 2019-20 placement data is INR 2.6 LPA while the lowest package offered was INR 0.72 LPA.
Ques. Is there any seat reservation criteria followed by Jnan Chandra Ghosh Polytechnic?
Ans. Yes, JCGP follows seat reservation criteria as per the government norms. 50% of the total seats are reserved for General Category students whereas 27% seats are reserved for other Backward Classes. Also, 15% of the total seats are reserved for Scheduled Castes and 7% for Scheduled Tribes.
Ques. Are there any Online Classes provided by the JCGP Institute due to Covid-19?
Ans. Yes, JCGP is conducting many Online Classes for all the subjects. Students need to log into their class by entering the class code to have access to the online class. Students can check and attend their classes on the official website.
Ques. What is the eligibility of the courses for admissions to Jnan Chandra Ghosh Polytechnic?
Ans. Candidate should be a citizen of India. The lower age limit is 15 for 1st-year admission. For 1st year admission, candidates should have passed/appeared 10th standard exam with Mathematics, English & Physical science, and secured at least 35% marks in aggregate. For lateral entry (2nd year), candidates should have passed/appeared 10+2 exam with science stream with vocational subjects from WBSCVET or passed ITI after class 10th. Moreover, candidates need to obtain good scores in JEXPO and CET entrance exams for admissions to diploma courses in engineering and pharmacy streams.