Panimalar Polytechnic College is Chennai’s leading private institution, established in 1994. The college offers a Diploma in Engineering in four separate streams. The eligibility criteria for admissions in both 1st year and direct 2nd are passing marks in S.S.L.C (math and science compulsory) or H.Sc (math, physics, and chemistry compulsory). Aspirants can apply offline. Some of the top recruiters of the college are RCS, HCL, Wipro, Hyundai, IBM, MRF, Godrej, Nissan, etc.
Panimalar Polytechnic College Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1994 | Private|
|Affiliated to||Directorate Of Technical Education|
|Courses Offered||Diploma in Engineering|
|Facilities Available||Cafeteria, Computer Labs, Laboratory, Library, NSS|
Panimalar Polytechnic College Courses
|Diploma||Specialization: Computer Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Electronics and Electrical Engineering
Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: 10th pass (math and science compulsory) or 12th pass (math, physics, and chemistry compulsory)
Selection Criteria: Merit and Interview
Read More: Panimalar Polytechnic College Fees
Panimalar Polytechnic College Admission
Admissions to Panimalar Polytechnic are done on a merit basis and applications have to be submitted offline.
How to apply?
- Candidates have to fill their application forms offline and submit them directly to the college with the required documents.
- The application form with the enclosed documents should be submitted to The Principal, PANIMALAR POLYTECHNIC COLLEGE No. 23, Railway Colony II Street, Nelson Manickam Road, Chennai - 600 029.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for a further interview process.
- Selected candidates will be notified through a post or college notice board.
Panimalar Polytechnic College Scholarship
According to Government Regulations, Central and State Government Scholarships are available. Moreover, the college advocates students to get loans – either from the Government, banks, or any other financial organization. Furthermore, Panimalar offers limited scholarships and assistantships based on merit and/ or need to deserving candidates. This enables them to earn as they learn.
Panimalar Polytechnic College Facilities
- Laboratories: The Panimalar Polytechnic College has enriching, and fully functional state-of-the-art laboratories for students in various departments. Most of the labs are also completely air-conditioned, making work much easier.
- Library: Aside from a generous stock on various books of the departments, the library also carries books in the fields of Humanities and Sciences. A digital library also exists, consisting of computer terminals with online access facilities – making it easier to access e-journals published across the globe. The air-conditioned library also stocks a good collection of ebooks, e-journals, and other digitized material.
- NSS: The NSS is a two-fold program, comprising regular activities and special camping initiatives. The units also organize rural camps every year, and volunteers are trained in personality development, character building, and leadership qualities.
Panimalar Polytechnic College FAQs
Ques. How are the faculties at Panimalar Polytechnic College?
Ans. Panimalar Polytechnic has an extremely skilled faculty, with all lecturers having an M.E. Additionally, they have teaching/industry experiences with up to 28 years.
Read More: Panimalar Polytechnic College Faculty
Ques. What documents does one require during admissions at Panimalar Polytechnic College?
Ans. The following original certificates have to be produced at the time of admissions –
- 10th and 12th mark sheet
- Transfer certificates
- Community certificate
- Conduct certificate
- 3 recent passport size photos
Ques. If I’m from another board, do I need to carry anything else to Panimalar Polytechnic College?
Ans. Yes, other state board students need to have a nativity certificate from local authorities.
Ques. What is the fee for the diploma program at Panimalar Polytechnic College?
Ans. The fee for the diploma program is INR 35,000 per year.
Ques. Does Panimalar Polytechnic College offer placements?
Ans. The Panimalar Polytechnic College brags 100% placements from 2016-2019. The college’s placement cell constantly monitors students’ potentials and has prominent recruiters on their roster. Some of the contacts include Wipro, HCL, TCS, Nissan, MRF, etc. To get passing students employed early, the placement cell arranges interviews of their meritorious final year students with recruiters.