Government Polytechnic, Masab Tank, Hyderabad formerly Osmania Central Technical College is a Govt institution established in the year 1923 to provide quality technical education. The Institute is located in the Mint Compound at Masab Tank Asif Nagar, Mandal, in the state of Telangana was renamed as Government Polytechnic in 1954. The institute offers diploma courses in Civil, Automobile, Mechanical, Telecommunications, Computers and Pharmacy. Apart from regular courses, the institute also has a National Cadet Corps scheme for better development of students, enriching their overall personality.
Government Polytechnic Masab Tank Hyderabad Highlights
|Established | Type of Institute||1923 | Public Institution|
|Affiliation||State Board of Technical Education and Training, Telangana Osmania University, Hyderabad|
Government Polytechnic Masab Tank Hyderabad Courses
The college offers Diploma across seven disciplines. Each discipline has a maximum intake capacity of 60. Below are the details of the courses in brief:
|Diploma in Engineering (Full-Time)||Automobile Engineering||SSLC certificate/ 10th pass certificate along with valid score in Telangana State Polytechnic Common Entrance Test|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering|
Government Polytechnic Masab Tank Hyderabad Admission
Admission to Diploma courses in the above-mentioned disciplines is based on the ranking secured in State Polytechnic Common Entrance Test conducted by State Board of Technical Education and Training (SBTET), Telangana. Students desirous of getting admission into any of these courses must be 10th / SSLC passed from a recognized board or council.
The admission process is online based.
- Students desirous of getting admission into any of these courses must apply and appear for Telangana State Polytechnic Common Entrance Test (TS PolyCET) conducted by State Board of Technical Education and Training (SBTET), Telangana.
- Qualifying candidates of TS PolyCET meeting cut-off requirement must participate in the counselling process.
- Candidates having a valid rank in TS PolyCET and meeting cut-off requirement would have the option of choice filling, choice locking, seat allotment and document verification during counselling process
- Final admission will be based on rank secured in the TS PolyCET examination, participation in the counselling process, document verification and fee payment.
Government Polytechnic Masab Tank Hyderabad Placements
It maintains a separate placement cell which is maintained and monitored by senior faculties and a student representative. All industrial visits, campus recruitment, training, interview preparation is taken care of by this placement cell. Besides the institute encourages visiting faculty programs to help students gather knowledge on prevailing industry practices and latest trends in the academic world. Recruitment in various companies is based on pre placement talks, written tests, interviews and group discussions. Companies usually visit the campus during third year and conduct pre placement talks, written test and group discussions to select candidates. Most of the students are well placed in reputed companies across diverse verticals.
Government Polytechnic Masab Tank Hyderabad Faculty
It has a total of 66 faculty and is headed by S. Narsinga Rao. All faculties of the institute are well qualified and hardworking individuals who have years of experience in the academic field. Besides all faculties put their best efforts to educate students and guide them to either crack job interviews or prepare for higher education. At times the institute invites faculties from other renowned institutes as well to conduct special classes to aware students on latest developments in their respective area of study.
Government Polytechnic Masab Tank Hyderabad Facilities
Facilities offered to its students and faculties are discussed below.
- Library- The institute has a library with a huge collection of books, periodicals, journals, CDs, non-book materials and magazines. The library is well equipped with modern facilities and resources in the forms one CDs, DVDs, E-journals, patents etc apart from the usual collection of books.
- Hostels- There is a boy hostel beside the college with capacity for 440 and a girl hostel built internally in the college with capacity for 80. All hostels are well built, clean and provide hygienic food. Besides hostels have round the clock electric and water supply.
- Laboratories- Laboratories are maintained and monitored by laboratory assistants. Besides the institute has a computer centre equipped with 25 desktop computers with 10 KVA-UPS, Printer, DLP, Design software, etc. Besides the institute has Mechanical Workshop, Engineering Workshop to teach students and help them gain hands on training in Mechanical engineering
- Health Centre- To cope up with everyday life stress and life style diseases, the institute offers a health centre equipped with modern equipment like Tread mill, Manual Tread Mill, Weighing Machine, Gym ball etc.
- Sports Facility- The institute has both indoor and outdoor sports facility to nurture the idea of overall well-being of students both mentally and physically. The institute has football grounds, basketball courts, badminton courts where students practice regularly. Besides the institute arranges Annual Sports Day every year where students and faculties take active participation.
Government Polytechnic Masab Tank Hyderabad FAQs
Ques. Is the Government Polytechnic Masab Tank Hyderabad a co-education one?
Ques. Does Government Polytechnic Masab Tank Hyderabad provide a hostel?
Ques. How far is Government Polytechnic Masab Tank Hyderabad?
Ques. I have scored 90% marks in my 10th, can I directly apply for any of these courses at Government Polytechnic Masab Tank Hyderabad?
Ques. What is the intake capacity for individual streams in the Diploma program at Government Polytechnic Masab Tank Hyderabad?