Kingston Polytechnic College (KPC), Kolkata was established in 2004, affiliated to West Bengal Council of Technical & Vocational Education and Skill Development and is approved by AICTE. The institute offers Diploma in Polytechnic Engineering across various specializations. Admission to KPC Kolkata is based on marks obtained in JEXPO. The faculty at KPC are highly qualified and experienced in their area of expertise. The Institute provides scholarships on the basis of merit by conducting the Kingston Scholarship Test. KPC provides placement assistance to the students. Some of the top recruiters are Wipro, Tech Mahindra, RAMCO SuperGrade, IBM, TCS, Tata Motors, JK Tyres, etc.
Kingston Polytechnic College Key Points
- Admission in the Diploma in Engineering is done based on valid rank in the JEXPO exam.
- Students who passed with 45% marks in Maths and Physical Science and minimum 35% aggregate marks in Std. 10 examination can take direct admission.
- Students with minimum 35% aggregate marks in Std. 10 examination with a valid rank in JEXPO can also apply for the courses offered by KPC.
- The intake for CE, EE and ME is 180 and for AE, CST and ETE is 60.
Kingston Polytechnic College Course
KPC Kolkata offers Diploma Course in Engineering across 6 specializations.Tabulated below are the details regarding the same:
|Diploma (Polytechnic)||Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science & Technology, Automobile Engineering||Passed 10th with a minimum of 45% marks in Maths and Physical Science + Obtained a valid score in JEXPO|
|Diploma (Polytechnic) - Lateral Entry||
10+2 from a recognized board
Check: KPC Kolkata Courses and Fees
Kingston Polytechnic College Placement
KPC Kolkata has a dedicated placement cell that works effortlessly to provide job opportunities to the students. The cell bridges a gap between corporate and the students. The cell helps in training the students according to the corporate requirements. Some of the top recruiters from the college include Hyundai, Tata Motors, Nissan, Bata, Wipro, Voltas, Maruti Suzuki, TCS, Tech Mahindra, IBM, etc
Kingston Polytechnic College Scholarships
The provides financial support to meritorious financially challenged individuals. The institute provides Pre-Matric, Post-Matric and Merit-cum-Means Scholarship.
|Scholarship||Eligibility Criteria||Eligibility State|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship||For meritorious students from Class I to Class X||West Bengal|
|Post-Matric Scholarship||Must have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination.|
|Merit-cum-Means Scholarship||Must have secured at least 50% marks in the last Higher Secondary/ Graduation examination.|
Check: KPC Kolkata Scholarship
Kingston Polytechnic College Faculty
The faculty at KPC are very supportive and they guide students at all stages. It is a team of experienced and knowledgeable professors from different parts of the country. All the professors and teaching staff are graduates of well-known institutes. They help students to develop personally as well as professionally.
Check: KPC Kolkata Faculty
Kingston Polytechnic College FAQs
Ques. Can I get admission through direct admission at KPC Kolkata?
Ans. Yes. You can get direct admission to the KPC Kolkata if you have passed 10th with 45% in Maths and Physical Science and 35% aggregate marks.
Ques. What facilities are provided by KPC Kolkata?
- Library: The college library has a variety of textbooks, classroom materials, E-journals, magazines, curriculum guides, videos, DVDs, CDs, and many more to satisfy the requirements of readers.
- Seminar hall: A fully air-conditioned multi-purpose seminar hall is there with sufficient spaces and projection facilities.
- Transport: Safe and hassle-free range of vehicles are available with good seating arrangements for students.
- Cafeteria: A wide-spaced cafeteria is available which serves healthy and delicious food and snacks at a pocket-friendly price.
- Other Facilities:
- Medical room
- Recreation Ground
- Computer lab
- Motivational & Communication classes
Ques. How is the course fee for Diploma in Civil Engineering offered by KPC?
Ans. The total course fee for Diploma in Civil Engineering is INR 1.20 Lakhs for 3 years.
Check: KPC Kolkata Courses & Fees